Those that want Gase fired | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those that want Gase fired

We have no QB, a **** offense, a **** line that hasn't been upgraded since he has come in. Still 4-3

Last year he dismantle the O line, wins 9 of 10. This coach knows how to win games with nothing to work with. Asking to fire him is beyond stupid

I can't say it better than AZ. I agree totally and also wondered how we ran the same offense last year with basically the same players and now they suddenly don't know who to block or where to line up. I buy that Ajayi is a major man child baby who is much more of a me guy than a team guy. I still love the player and would have tried benching him for a game or 2, ask the player to meet with a sports Psychologist or have a meeting with Ross, Tannenbaum, Gase and Ajayi to get it fixed. Get his head straight and he's a great runner for the team. To trade him for nothing is admitting that you can't control the players you're supposed to be Coaching. That's on the Coach to inspire loyalty from his team........did he have Ajayi's loyalty? I guess not, but the bigger question is why not.

The Raven game was not untypical of Dolphin games of late. At the half we are down 20-0, nothing new here, we're always down at half time. We come out in the third and begin a 2 minute type offense. We go into dink and dunk just like Tony Romo is telling us to do. Matt Moore hits 6 straight passes and then PICK 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could have battled back but 27-0 at that point broke our back and ended things for the day. We've been great at coming back and winning games in the forth quarter but 2 pick 6's make it impossible. Ask yourself, are we good enough on the offensive side of the ball to gift a tough Raven team 14 points on the road? Are you kidding?

I'm surprised there are so many people aiming so much vitriol at Gase. Seems odd to me. Bearing in mind this is a coach who came into a directionless Franchise which clearly needed a rebuilding job. In the midst of that rebuilding job, he took the Franchise to the playoffs in his first year. In his second year, he has so far dealt with a number of problems - loss of starting QB, loss off starting inside LB, high profile FA LB going AWOL, hurricane causing relocation of the team and losing out of a bye week, more miles travelled after about 5 weeks of the season than other Franchises will travel all year ... and still he has us in the playoff hunt. With a winning record. Having had to play 3rd choice QB for a game and a half so far. Behind an OL that the FO decided against upgrading, and in fact, downgraded by trading Albert.

Do I think we'll make the playoffs this year? No, if I'm honest. I said to my friend before the start of the season (after Tannehill / Raekwon injuries) that 8-8 would be a good record in my eyes. And a lot more has happened since then. Part 1 of the rebuilding process took place in the summer with what looks like some great work done on the defense. Now it looks like there's quite a bit of work to come this summer on offense. RB room, TE room, interior of the offensive line, and probably a slot receiver. If I'm honest, and I'll probably bring down a ton of hate on myself for this, I'd probably trade Landry in the summer. Yes, he's the heartbeat of the offense in many ways. But, he wants top 5 money by all accounts, and ultimately he's a slot receiver and not a game changer. Doesn't score enough touchdowns. I think we could get a good pick for him, and pick up a young player to perform the role for much cheaper in the draft. Which would leave the money free to pay Parker, who I still have high hopes for, despite his bad luck with injuries.

I read some hilarious stuff earlier in this thread - how Franchises records are not a good way to judge how a coach is doing. In my mind, that's madness. I saw Dan Campbell touted as he who should have been appointed. I loved him at the time. And he provided an instant boost to the team after Failbin was sacked. But .. that sometimes happens with a change, a short term boost. Overall there was no real change in the team or how it played. He's still a TE coach to this day - why has no other Franchise even picked him up as OC if he has such HC attributes?

For me, Gase deserves our trust. He brought us to the playoffs, and we currently have a winning record. Will he definitely succeed ultimately? Well, law of averages says no, as far more head coaches fail than succeed in the NFL. But give the guy a chance! Should we start again? Bring in another HC with a different philosophy who will blow it all up again? No, not to my mind. Stick with him and give him some time to build. Rome wasn't built in a day, and this poxy Franchise needed rebuilding, which couldn't happen in a year.

Back
Top Bottom