Those that want Gase fired | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those that want Gase fired

I'm saying if this Trainwreck isn't straightened out soon I think his coaching life is short here not this year but I think it'll be short. Do you like what you're seeing on the field?

That wasn’t what you said. At first you come off as not giving him time to get things right, now you’re saying he needs to do it soon.

He gets three years minimum. Tannenbaum and Grier need to help him too. It isn’t all on him.

why are we having this discussion? the man came in here and brought us to the playoffs in his first year and won 8 of 11 when it mattered last year...this year, we lose our starting QB and starting MLB and everyone is all bent outta shape...we are 4-3 get a grip people and lets judge the man at the end of the season, I am so sick of having these debates halfway through a season let alone the guys second season...what else do you want?! look at what he has to work with this season

How many teams are over .500 after losing their starting QB for the season? after going through 3 QB's? The losses are magnified because of horrendous play on offense and shut-outs but were' still in better standing after 7 games than we were last year at 3-4. That's not to say this hasn't been an embarrassment. The outlook isn't as bright minus our QB but it a little premature to be talking about firing Adam Gase. There are teams with former Pro Bowl, healthy QB's who have worse records.

I'll be looking to see how Gase gets the team to respond.

Lolz fire Gase? This shitty team has a winning record

First off, I don't want Gase fired. But in the spirit of the thread, if he were fired, I would pound the desk for my pick before Gase was hired, which was Mike Shanahan. I still believe he would fix the Oline once and for all, he always had a stable full of RBs that produced, and he actually wanted Tannehill over RG3 in Washington. I can't help it, the crusty old codger intrigues me.

Give up that quick!! Probably wanted Bowles gone too back when.

I think he need common down and regroup. so far Gase has winning record in nfl. the one thing I like about him. he get most out of his players last yr. this yr we are still winning 4-3... this yr is harder because of injury. I see Adam here at lease 4 to 5 yr.

Thank you for replying with your analysis. While I asked for metrics, you at least fleshed out your opinions. This provides room for discussion, so thanks.

When you said "Our record is not any indication of how good we are" I hope you meant to say that you didn't think it provided the best indication ... because obviously it is a rather universal indication used by the NFL and teams in assessing how good teams are. As I mentioned in a previous post, I somewhat agree with the famous coach saying of "you are what your record says you are" because of so many people thinking their team is better than their record. But at the end of the day, there is one metric that measures achievement and this is it ... a team's record.

The rest of that first paragraph is your opinion and preferences, which seem reasonable to me. Not sure I'm onboard with going 3-15, as that generally results in the coaching staff being swept away and no chance of improvement, but I get your point. For you it is improved production on the field and teambuilding in a more general nebulous way, rather than the results of that production.

Your second paragraph talks about excuses coaches made. I don't disagree with you, but I would characterize those as excuses for a poor record. You didn't hear those excuses constantly when we tied the Patriots for a share of the AFC East Division Crown under Sparano ... you heard a lot more talk about how this was only the beginning, when in fact, it was only an aberration. Still, no usable metrics here.

In your third paragraph you talk about other people's opinions when you say "Nobody respects us because they know how much of a fraud our teams have been for decades." That's not really a metric either. But I get what you're trying to express there, that other teams' evaluations of us as a threat to have a good record are low because our production on the field is low. That seems like your basis for calling the Dolphins a "fraud". So you keep alluding to production ... but you don't want to use wins as a measure of production. Are there more specific stats that you would prefer to use? Obviously it's not scoring more points than the other team during 60 minutes of playing time, so maybe Total Yardage for the season, or Total Points, or trending of some other aspects? I'm looking for a quantification of "good" vs. "bad" to determine where each of us stands. Obviously we both want "improvement" but it would be nice to be able to quantify what that means to each of us.

Paragraphs 4-10 of your response are your opinions, and I thank you for those. There are plenty of logical thoughts in there, and room for both agreement and disagreement I think. But ultimately, it seems you are set on your opinion and not really open to anything that might change your opinion. Fair enough. That disappoints me, as you're obviously a passionate fan. I would like to see you have an avenue to happiness while watching the Dolphins, but I'm struggling to see what that would look like for you.

If I can offer one olive branch of hope, it would be that we can look at each coach's track records and get a good indication of ability. Gase has obviously had success in other places, including with Tebow in Denver and Cutler in Chicago, so I have hope he can make us work too. Here in Miami, Gase had a very rough first third of the season, going 1-4 in his first 5 games, and I think we can all agree that the one win (at Miami vs. Cleveland) was probably our most depressing performance, particularly from what seems like the perspective you embrace. But, despite looking like complete and utter junk those first 5 games, we became a pretty solid team after that, and finished the season strong. So, there is still the very real possibility that we get it together under Cutler and start performing significantly better on offense. Plus, the defense has shown signs of life. Remember, of the 40 points we gave up to Baltimore, Matt Moore gave them 14 of those, so even with our offense constantly punting and never sustaining drives, our defensive failure was only 26 points, far better than the 40 that the scoreboard showed.

It's tough being a Dolphins fan, I realize that. I've lived that since the Marino years. The recent OL production, followed by the OL coaching fiasco, and continued horrid OL production has really been hard to watch. Cutler has an adjustment period, particularly having missed so much of the early preseason, so maybe things can start to click for him. We do have talent along the OL, so I am hoping it can get better. But, I definitely see your point about how terrible it is right now, and how that impacts your opinion of our coaching staff. But, please don't give up just yet. One thing about the Dolphins, they are unpredictable, and just when you least expect it, BAM!, they inexplicably play well. While we may disagree on our assessment of the team and coach, I'm happy to hear your analysis. Thanks.

First of all, records DO NOT tell how good teams are most of the time, looking at what a team is doing and how they operate is the only way to tell how good they truely are. Records are used to determine rankings for playoffs, how many times have you seen a team go to the playoffs with a decent to good record and get completely exposed? It's certainly happened around here. There is no way you can correlate numbers with quality of a team or what it does because its just a number. A number can't tell you if a head coach can't play call to save his ass, or if a qb is good or not or if an oline is good or not. How good was tannehill base on numbers when we should have been 0-5 last year? He was trash based on numbers but we all knew gase was the real trash making tannehill look like trash. Numbers are a weak argument especially in football for people who really have nothing to say. 4-10 were not opinions, they were facts. How many time has cincy had good records and still have not won a playoff game under marvin lewis? Fact. Why did it take gase a year and a half to "deal" with these things instead of all of a sudden using them as a scapegoat? Fact. Philbin's teams played like zombies because philbin was a zombie, first time you saw a real man come into our head coach they played like they were rabid to dominate and they did right away when philbins teams never did that. Fact.

"Your second paragraph talks about excuses coaches made. I don't disagree with you, but I would characterize those as excuses for a poor record. You didn't hear those excuses constantly when we tied the Patriots for a share of the AFC East Division Crown under Sparano ... you heard a lot more talk about how this was only the beginning, when in fact, it was only an aberration. Still, no usable metrics here" Exactly my point, numbers don't matter because it was obvious sparano was just a cheer leader and a matchstick man from the start, there were even articles about him being exactly that before he got here but nobody wanted to talk about that. It was obvious how bad hennings play calling was and how we would never go anywhere with mr anything for a fg.

I love how Gase's "success" in other places is mediocre at best and determined to be great because he's our hc, all that nonsense was homerism at its finest. Gase has never had success outside of Manning and that doesn't count because everybody had success with manning., Gase is complete trash and a fraud. You're such a big numbers guy yet you conveniently fail to mention that gase has had what 14 quarters of 0's in 7 games if you ignore the last minute crap where other teams aren't playing? That's with the best rb and receiving corp in the nfl and a line better than tannehill ever had. I love how you ignore the FACT that gase is responsible for all of these numbers because he is the play caller. The offense has nothing to do with cutler as you saw with moore, two guys who are known to be able to put points up and can't put any up because of one common denominator, guess who? These are all facts, feel free to try and prove me wrong, but don't tell me facts are opinions.

Last edited:
First of all, records DO NOT tell how good teams are most of the time, looking at what a team is doing and how they operate is the only way to tell how good they truely are. Records are used to determine rankings for playoffs, how many times have you seen a team go to the playoffs with a decent to good record and get completely exposed? It's certainly happened around here. There is no way you can correlate numbers with quality of a team or what it does because its just a number. A number can't tell you if a head coach can't play call to save his ***, or if a qb is good or not or if an oline is good or not. How good was tannehill base on numbers when we should have been 0-5 last year? He was trash based on numbers but we all knew gase was the real trash making tannehill look like trash. Numbers are a weak argument especially in football for people who really have nothing to say. 4-10 were not opinions, they were facts. How many time has cincy had good records and still have not won a playoff game under marvin lewis? Fact. Why did it take gase a year and a half to "deal" with these things instead of all of a sudden using them as a scapegoat? Fact. Philbin's teams played like zombies because philbin was a zombie, first time you saw a real man come into our head coach they played like they were rabid to dominate and they did right away when philbins teams never did that. Fact.

"Your second paragraph talks about excuses coaches made. I don't disagree with you, but I would characterize those as excuses for a poor record. You didn't hear those excuses constantly when we tied the Patriots for a share of the AFC East Division Crown under Sparano ... you heard a lot more talk about how this was only the beginning, when in fact, it was only an aberration. Still, no usable metrics here" Exactly my point, numbers don't matter because it was obvious sparano was just a cheer leader and a minute man from the start, there were even articles about him being exactly that before he got here but nobody wanted to talk about that. It was obvious how bad hennings play calling was and how we would never go anywhere with mr anything for a fg.

I love how Gase's "success" in other places is mediocre at best and determined to be great because he's our hc, all that nonsense was homerism at its finest. Gase has never had success outside of Manning and that doesn't count because everybody had success with manning., Gase is complete trash and a fraud. You're such a big numbers guy yet you conveniently fail to mention that gase has had what 14 quarters of 0's in 7 games if you ignore the last minute crap where other teams aren't playing? That's with the best rb and receiving corp in the nfl and a line better than tannehill ever had. I love how you ignore the FACT that gase is responsible for all of these numbers because he is the play caller. The offense has nothing to do with cutler as you saw with moore, two guys who are known to be able to put points up and can't put any up because of one common denominator, guess who? These are all facts, feel free to try and prove me wrong, but don't tell me facts are opinions.
I'd love to analyze this further together. But honestly, it's Halloween and the Ajayi give away feels like I got a trick of a swift kick in the nuts. I just can't today bro. Sorry.

I'd love to analyze this further together. But honestly, it's Halloween and the Ajayi give away feels like I got a trick of a swift kick in the nuts. I just can't today bro. Sorry.
Np just let it go, today should give you enough proof of how I feel anyways. Trading away imo the best back in the league for a 4th with no viable reason behind it just puts the cherry on top for me in being done with gase. Guys like him destroy organizations and I don’t wanna talk about gase anymore either. We can just go our separate ways and leave it at that, all good.

BB’s success is not because he is this great motivator. My goodness have you seen his presors and after game speeches? He looks like he would rather take a hot poker to the eye.
Some evil genius? It is foot ball, not rocket science or brain surgery.
His players know, you do your job, you put in more effort than the guy across from you. You out hustle the other team. If you don’t he will replace you. It took Bill a couple of years to find the right guys.
Agree with all but the last line. It's ongoing and NE is able to keep up the process most years successfully.

Right now no. But If they keep snapping the ball with the play clock at zero then yes because It's taking years off my life.

I don't like Gase's personality. We need to keep him for a long time. Just instincts. He reminds me of guys in Las Vegas I couldn't stand but I always wanted to know who they were betting on. With Gase I'm confident we'd win a ton of games if the quarterbacking is upper level.

He's a prima donna type because somehow he seems to think every one of his play calls and schemes is like a Mona Lisa.

In my earlier years I'd try to figure out if prima donna and Mona Lisa in the same reference made any sense, or conflicted. Now I don't give a toilet.

Back
Top Bottom