Thoughts on Pat Devlin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Pat Devlin?

I dont really get what it is devlin has ever done that makes people conformable with him as the backup. All I see is a guy who comes on and looks very very average against third stringers, has a weak arm and always throws a late int In the endzone

Id genuinely love to hear from one of the people who want him as our backup qb.... just why? Pity?

I'll be with you in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay.

First and foremost, all those of you who are "experts" about Pat Devlin, and enjoy mocking him as though you're QB gurus, I'd like you to watch this:

[video=youtube;LugIVfL6FbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugIVfL6FbU[/video]

The moral: You don't know. You don't.

As someone who has watched the guy play...repeatedly..at Delaware, the kid can flat-out play. He does NOT have a huge arm. He's not particularly fast, and is not a nimble runner. Now, that being said, he's very accurate, intelligent, has good mechanics, goes through his reads very quickly, has great pocket awareness, and throws a really nice ball.

In other words, he's a perfect West Coast Offense QB. Why hasn't Devlin taken the backup spot? He simply hasn't had the reps needed to adjust to the speed of the NFL. As such, he's not a "premier" backup, because he hasn't had the experience.

Now, make no mistake, I'm not suggesting he supplant Tannehill. Tannehill's ceiling is off the chart, and in a year or two, we'll know that he's either the guy or he's not. Of course, Moore isn't Tannehill either. Which is why I don't understand what the Fins are doing. In my opinion, the Fins have TWO QB who are perfectly capable backup QB.

Look at it this way: If Tannehill goes down, I don't think Moore will take this team any farther than Devlin will. If the Fins were a Super Bowl contender right now, I could see the justification for a $5mm backup. But they're not.

If Tannehill goes down, then the season is in tremendous trouble. I'd rather have a wild card in Devlin than a QB who has proven that he's not the man as a backup. And I'd certainly rather spend that $5mm somewhere else.

Sorry you disagree but, he does affect Moore and the draft, which does make a difference. Mybe you should not have posted to make the thread go away sooner. lol

He affects Moore? LOLZ

This is just another veiled "Cut Moore to use the money" thread. Enough with this topic already yeesh.

Back
Top Bottom