Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday 1/21 Draft Chat

Let's talk about the Wide Receiver position. Dez Bryant at #12 would be ideal and after that I don't see Benn of Illinois, Tate of Notre Dame, Williams of USC, or LaFell of LSU being true #1 or making any impact early. I like Mike Williams in Round 4 and think Parcells might look beyind his off field junk to take him. I love Mardy Gilyard in the DeSean Jackson mold. Antonio Bryant would be a viable #1 who could slide to #2 after we got someone else. Antonio Bryant, Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess, and Brian HArtline is a solid receiver core. The 2011 Draft might be the best ever for 1st Round Wide Receivers with Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt, Julio Jones of Bama, AJ Green of Georgia, and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame set to declare

I see Tate as DeSean Jackson type, only more physicial. I would not be surprised if NE went for LaFell or Tate or Shipley.

Spiller is an exciting player, but I am scared of exciting because when they fail they disappoint big time.

But let's say we take Spiller in the first. What do we do in the second?

Let's talk about the Wide Receiver position. Dez Bryant at #12 would be ideal and after that I don't see Benn of Illinois, Tate of Notre Dame, Williams of USC, or LaFell of LSU being true #1 or making any impact early. I like Mike Williams in Round 4 and think Parcells might look beyind his off field junk to take him. I love Mardy Gilyard in the DeSean Jackson mold. Antonio Bryant would be a viable #1 who could slide to #2 after we got someone else. Antonio Bryant, Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess, and Brian HArtline is a solid receiver core. The 2011 Draft might be the best ever for 1st Round Wide Receivers with Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt, Julio Jones of Bama, AJ Green of Georgia, and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame set to declare

i think we draft a wr in the later rounds, we have too many holes on the defensive side, i say we sign a wr,

how about Marcus Easley from UConn, i tyhink in the 5th r 6th should sound right

If I had to grade positions ..

Quarterback: C

*Sure Bradofrd and Clausen will go high but Tebow? Snead? Colt McCoy?...

Running Back: B

*Spiller is a stud and Best has star potential. Ryan Matthews of Fresno State, Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State, Jonathan Dwyer of GT, Charles Scott of LSU, Ben Tate of Auburn, and Chris Brown of Oklahoma are good players

i say in the second, we draft a wr, we mod def need to make a trade so we could have extra picks

Here is the players I like for each Round....

CJ Spiller, Rolando McClain, Brandon Spikes, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas,

Brandon Graham, Mardy Gilyard, Terrence Cody,Jerry Hughes, Jason Worlids,Arrelious Benn, Brandon LaFell, Mike Iupati

AJ Edds, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Lang, Jeremy Williams, D'Anthony Smith, Sean Lee, Eric Norwood

4:
Jimmy Graham, Vince Oghobaase, Mike Williams, Anthony McCoy

Jimmy Graham, Jay Ross,

if we get 4 or 5 of those players we will be in good shape

Here is the players I like for each Round....

CJ Spiller, Rolando McClain, Brandon Spikes, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas,

Brandon Graham, Mardy Gilyard, Terrence Cody,Jerry Hughes, Jason Worlids,Arrelious Benn, Brandon LaFell, Mike Iupati

AJ Edds, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Lang, Jeremy Williams, D'Anthony Smith, Sean Lee, Eric Norwood

4:
Jimmy Graham, Vince Oghobaase, Mike Williams, Anthony McCoy

Jimmy Graham, Jay Ross,

Maybe my personal preference, but I add Spoon and Derrick Morgan in the 1st there.

I think McClain is a far superior player. He has great instincts and a high football IQ. Plays sideline to sideline and I love his leadership abilitites.

It's pointless to do Mock Drafts etc. now because the Draft starts with free agency. You have to see which needs are addressed in Free Agency. If we sign Karlos Dansby than drafting McClain in Round 1 loses some merit.

Earl Thomas is a special player.

spoon needs clean looks...not great at getting off blocks at the 2nd level not great at sifting thru trash...needs a clean look where he can use that quick acceleration to the ball...

a 4-3 lb to me...

and for my eyes not on mcclains level

Is it possible that Spikes could be drafted with the thought of playing SOLB for us?

I think McClain is a far superior player. He has great instincts and a high football IQ. Plays sideline to sideline and I love his leadership abilitites.

It's pointless to do Mock Drafts etc. now because the Draft starts with free agency. You have to see which needs are addressed in Free Agency. If we sign Karlos Dansby than drafting McClain in Round 1 loses some merit.

Earl Thomas is a special player.

if we get dansby in re fa, i still think we will draft mcclain, you cannot have enough playmakers in the front 7, when does free agency start again

Thanks for the McClain/Spoon comparisons Real/Hoops. Have seen a bunch of Bama' MLB but very little of Spoon, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom