Thursday Night.. who to root for?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night.. who to root for??

As Ferguson said, (more or less) We have to win and not depend on what anyone else does.

Tall order and yet not conceivable but everyone else seems to be passing around the rose colored glasses. Why not try them on. :beer1:

I didnt say I thought that was going to happen... :foundout:

Don't root for anyone, let them beat up each other and see who gets the W. Enjoy the game!!!

If i had to chose either to cheer for the jets
or have a root canal without novocaine

then i would be calling my dentist to make an appointment.

yes knock the jets off so we move into second place assuming we win, then the NE game has even more relevance.

im not going to root for either, but i would prefer the jets win bc they pats are a better team. also the 49er just ran the wildcat

I hate the Patsies with a passion and couldn't root for them if my life depended on it, and I like the Jets even less.

I'm not rooting for either of them, I hope they just beat the hell out of each other.

I knew alot of you guys wouldnt get it. We need the Pats to lose when it comes to simply getting in the playoffs. If the Pats lose to the Jets, that gives us an opportunity to sweep the Patriots next week and put them in our rear view mirror.

When two teams are tied for a wild card spot within the same division, they use the division tie breaker scenerio to eliminate a team from the mix. So even if its a 3 way tie at 10-6,(hypothetically Colts, phins, and Jets) we DO NOT want to be in a situation where we are tied with the Jests and do not hold the tie break on them. Because they will knock us out of the mix if they sweep us.(Assuming the Patsies beat them and go on to win the division themselves, leaving the Jets and Phins battling for 2nd place in the division).

I DO NOT want to go into that last week having it be a make or break game. Face it, the road game vs. the Jets is the toughest game we have left. I DO NOT want to be 10-5 and still be forced to win that game to get in. In other words we need to secure winning at least 2nd place in our division.

Having said all that we do still control our own destiny, after all we are barely past the half way point. You could also argue that in terms of winning the division, it may be best for the Patsies to win vs. the Jets. Maybe so, but Im DYING to taste some playoff action again. If the Jets beat the Patsies, it presents an opportunity to really get a leg up on at least 2nd place in the division by beating the Patsies the following week.

We could really lock that down if the Patsies lose to the Jets, then we beat them and the Bills. Then all we need to do is beat out either the Colts or Ravens one or the other. And if you havent looked at the Ravens schedule, its absolutely brutal. If they get to 10 wins, they more than earn a playoff spot. And personally, it looks to me like the Colts are back on their way to getting to 10 wins. They have a soft schedule too and they dont play the Titans till the last week when the Titans could very well be sitting alot of players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew alot of you guys wouldnt get it. We need the Pats to lose when it comes to simply getting in the playoffs. If the Pats lose to the Jets, that gives us an opportunity to sweep the Patriots next week and put them in our rear view mirror. When two teams are tied for a wild card spot within the same division, they use the division tie breaker scenerio to eliminate a team from the mix. So even if its a 3 way tie at 10-6, we DO NOT want to be in a situation where we are tied with the Jests and do not hold the tie break on them. Because they will knock us out of the mix if they sweep us. I DO NOT want to go into that last week having it be a make or break game. Face it, the road game vs. the Jets is the toughest game we have left. I DO NOT want to be 10-5 and still be forced to win that game to get in. In other words we need to secure winning at least 2nd place in our division.

Having said all that we do still control our own destiny, after all we are barely past the half way point. You could also argue that in terms of winning the division, it may be best for the Patsies to win vs. the Jets. Maybe so, but Im DYING to taste some playoff action again. If the Jets beat the Patsies, it presents an opportunity to really get a leg up on at least 2nd place in the division by beating the Patsies the following week.

No way to the jets.
the jets will be 6-6 in three weeks, there is no need to worry about them.
We would cotrol the division if we be the patriots. At this stage of the game a win over the patriots would be like an extra win, it would force the patriots to have a one game lead over us at the end of the year, and with our schedule i would like our chances.

No way to the jets.
the jets will be 6-6 in three weeks, there is no need to worry about them.
We would cotrol the division if we be the patriots. At this stage of the game a win over the patriots would be like an extra win, it would force the patriots to have a one game lead over us at the end of the year, and with our schedule i would like our chances.

That is very true. But, I need to see the Jets schedule before Im gonna believe they wont figure out a way to get to 10 wins even with a loss to the Pats this week. I know they play the Titans(I believe the following week) but who else? I know we have 14 of the same games. And like I say, even if we are at 10-5 going into the final week and the Jets are only 9-6, they can knock us out with a win at home over us.

Because if the Pats beat the Jets this week, I dont see how they wont get to 10 or 11 wins themselves. A three way tie in the division could be real tricky if we sweep the Pats, they sweep the Jets, and the Jets sweep us. We could all go 4-2 in the division and I dont even want to get into that mess.

You see its all real tricky right now because there are 7 games left. All I know is if the Pats lose, we could really BURY them the next week and pretty much sow up 2nd place in the division if we go on to win 10 no matter what the Jets do.

What is the Colts record so far in non-conference play? I know they beat Minnesota in a lucky one. Didnt they lose to the bears? I know they still play Detroit(thats a win). Did they beat Green Bay? Because I see us going 3-1 in non-conference play, which means to have a the same AFC record in tiebreak scenerios with the Colts, we will need them to go at least 3-1 vs. the NFC as well(which would give them 5 AFC losses if they are 10-6). If they go 2-2 vs. the NFC then that means they would only have 4 conference losses which would beat us out in a tiebreak. Of course, we might lose at St.Louis(I doubt it) but, if we did, we might not get to 10 wins ourselves.

jets lose, beat pats the next week and be in the hunt baby

Basically we just need to keep winning. We need to beat Oakland and let the smoke clear itself. Then it will be IMPERATIVE that we beat the Patsies and Bills in back to back weeks and lock down AT LEAST a 4-2 mark in the division. We would be sitting at 8-4 and most likely in 1st place for the time being.

I will tell you one game no one is talking about that could be a tough spot for us. AT KC. For one thing, it will be a cold weather contest. Also, that place has been tough to play at traditionally. And finally, of all the garbage teams we play, the chiefs have been playing TOUGH the last few weeks. They gave the Jets all they wanted IN NY. They gave the chargers all they wanted IN SAN DIEGO. Basically, they lost because of a missed PAT on the 2nd TD. They wouldve been able to win with a PAT on the last TD instead of going for 2. They also had a tough Tampa team down BIG in KC before Tampa made their biggest comeback in franchise history. Im not looking forward to playing the chiefs all of the sudden.

That is very true. But, I need to see the Jets schedule before Im gonna believe they wont figure out a way to get to 10 wins even with a loss to the Pats this week. I know they play the Titans(I believe the following week) but who else? I know we have 14 of the same games. And like I say, even if we are at 10-5 going into the final week and the Jets are only 9-6, they can knock us out with a win at home over us.

Because if the Pats beat the Jets this week, I dont see how they wont get to 10 or 11 wins themselves. A three way tie in the division could be real tricky if we sweep the Pats, they sweep the Jets, and the Jets sweep us. We could all go 4-2 in the division and I dont even want to get into that mess.

You see its all real tricky right now because there are 7 games left. All I know is if the Pats lose, we could really BURY them the next week and pretty much sow up 2nd place in the division if we go on to win 10 no matter what the Jets do.

What is the Colts record so far in non-conference play? I know they beat Minnesota in a lucky one. Didnt they lose to the bears? I know they still play Detroit(thats a win). Did they beat Green Bay? Because I see us going 3-1 in non-conference play, which means to have a the same AFC record in tiebreak scenerios with the Colts, we will need them to go at least 3-1 vs. the NFC as well(which would give them 5 AFC losses if they are 10-6). If they go 2-2 vs. the NFC then that means they would only have 4 conference losses which would beat us out in a tiebreak. Of course, we might lose at St.Louis(I doubt it) but, if we did, we might not get to 10 wins ourselves.

The jets play the pats, titans and then denver. If they lose to the pats and titans I see them in a quick downward spiral. Like you said ealier our destiny is in our hands, if we beat the patriots and win the games we are supposed to win, we are automatically 1 game up on the patriots with a schedule that favors us.

I also think if the beat the patriots it could give them a bit too much confidence going into their next two games

Resist the urge to cheer for the jets!

I admit it, im a bad guy, yes sometimes I think i hate the jets more than i love the dolphins- HOWEVER in the long run it usually helps out the dolphins anyway.

One funny thing about all of this, is its looking quite possible the Bills could go 0-6 in the division. :lol: Actually we could probably use some help from the Bills if they could beat one of those other two teams and get swept by us.

Back
Top Bottom