Thursday Night.. who to root for?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night.. who to root for??

Basically we just need to keep winning. We need to beat Oakland and let the smoke clear itself. Then it will be IMPERATIVE that we beat the Patsies and Bills in back to back weeks and lock down AT LEAST a 4-2 mark in the division. We would be sitting at 8-4 and most likely in 1st place for the time being.

I will tell you one game no one is talking about that could be a tough spot for us. AT KC. For one thing, it will be a cold weather contest. Also, that place has been tough to play at traditionally. And finally, of all the garbage teams we play, the chiefs have been playing TOUGH the last few weeks. They gave the Jets all they wanted IN NY. They gave the chargers all they wanted IN SAN DIEGO. Basically, they lost because of a missed PAT on the 2nd TD. They wouldve been able to win with a PAT on the last TD instead of going for 2. They also had a tough Tampa team down BIG in KC before Tampa made their biggest comeback in franchise history. Im not looking forward to playing the chiefs all of the sudden.

absolutely, we cant say any game is easy with our team, in a wierd way i like winning games like this, it seems to make the team mentally tough, something we have not seen in years, even when they won games, remember those losing decembers

absolutely, we cant say any game is easy with our team, in a wierd way i like winning games like this, it seems to make the team mentally tough, something we have not seen in years, even when they won games, remember those losing decembers

It was refreshing to see the D step up and make a key stop on 4 downs when it looked like Mare was going to get a sweet opportunity to stick it to the fans that booooed him earlier in the game.

I stated in another thread how winning like this could be very helpful. We needed to win a nail biter like this where the D makes the game winning stop. It also gives plenty of opportunity to realize we made plenty of mistakes and have things we know we need to get better at and not get a big head. Because, we need to keep winning, and IF we can get in the playoffs, we are going to have to win like this against much better teams than Seattle.

One funny thing about all of this, is its looking quite possible the Bills could go 0-6 in the division. :lol: Actually we could probably use some help from the Bills if they could beat one of those other two teams and get swept by us.

their message board is starting to look a lot like ours did last year :lol:

And at the beginning of the year i picked bills for 1st place :(

You just never know

Root for the Patsies, Then kick there sorry butts Sunday Night :)

Miami 3-1 in division

While Pats lose 2 and Jets lose 2

Root for the Pats to get a win but with a lot of injuries ..maybe Welker breaks a leg?!
I have to say he's the only one who scares me on that team.

Unless its the bills, I don't have a tough time deciding who to root for. The only 2 teams I really despise are jets and bills, so I'll be rooting for the pats.

Root for the Pats.

If Jets lose.. and we beat oakland.

Pats 7-3
Jets 6-4
Fins 6-4
Bills 6-4

The next week the Jets play Tennessee and we Play the Pats. Lets assume the Jets lose to the undefeated Titans, and we beat the Pats at home.

Fins 7-4
Pats 7-4 (0-2 against Mia 2-2 Div)
Bills 7-4 (0-1 against Mia 0-3 Div)
Jets 6-5 (1-0 against Mia 2-2 Div)

(Bills have two easy games coming up (Cle, KC)

That's alot of If'sssss!!!!!!!!!

Root for the Jests to lose and lose big. We have proven to match up better against the Pats, even when we've really stunk, so it's more likely we'll be able to beat them next week. Like others have said, a big loss for the Jests on Thursday and again in the next week vs. Tennessee and the downward spiral will have some momentum. And maybe the final game of the year vs. the Jests won't mean as much (for them, anyway).

Heres the problem, if the pats win ( asuming we beat the Raiders) & the Pats beat us next week, then we would be 2 games out of first place in the division. OUCH

go for the jets, since we beat new england and if the jets win and we win we go ahead of new england into second place, but if new england wins then since the jets beat us we remain in 3rd if we win sunday.

We want the PATS to win .... mainly because 'will' hold the tie breaker over them -- assuming we sweep the series next week.

Is it possible for both teams to lose? Maybe we can frame one of the coaches on the pats for cheating and have them lose by default and kidnap a few of the Jets so they have to forfeit. possible? Anything is possible

Whatever happens..... happens..... in my book.

If Miami loses to the Oakland "backs-to-the-wall" Raiders... It's a moot point.

This Miami team is not good enough to check off wins before they are played.

Back
Top Bottom