time to quit blaming jeff ireland

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by lkconch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. lkconch

lkconch Rookie

If ross likes the job that ireland is doing then its rosses fault .Jeff ireland is going to milk this for as long as he can,if it were you you would milk it to.

2. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

Agreed, I'm giving him this draft before I judge him. And we still haven't seen what Egnew, Mathews and Miller are all about. I'm figuring next season for them.

3. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

I agree, he needs another 20 free agency periods and 20 draft classes to judge him, Rome wasn't build in a day.

4. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I think it is time to fire Jeff Ireland.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

By the way, in a ho-hum game for the rest of the league, how nervous is Jeff Ireland right now before this Jags game. His Fins game he constructed cannot lose to a lowly Jags qb'ed by Chad Henne.

Jeff cannot lose this weekend.

5. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Lose to the Jags in front of an empty stadium and I doubt Ireland lasts the week.

6. j0hnny63

j0hnny63 bon jon bovi

New coaching staff. Rookie QB. No more Parcells calling the shots.

You need to look at this as if Ireland's been here one year, not five. It all started over this season. And the guy's not going anywhere.

7. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Everybodys wants playmakers. Cue reggie bush brandon marshall and chad johnson.
    Coching tries to turn reggie into a workhorse back instead of what he is, a COP back with superior pass catching
    Talent out of the backfield. Coaching staffs doesnt think marshall is a good fit and hes traded. Coaching staff
    Cuts chad johnson.

Last staff wanted to run and run and run some more... oh and kick a few fieldgoals. This staff has an entirley
    Different philosophy.

Theres holes on this team as their are holes on every team. We have basically been in and could have won all but two or three of our games. The players and staff need a better mentality on the field.

Ireland has hit on some picks and missed on some. Gambled on some as well. Thats the way it.goes for about half the league.

8. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

We can choose to make up anything our mind will accept but the fact is he has been gm for 5 years

9. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

Well many here already do that...they blame the fans LOL

10. Cleetus

Cleetus Well-Known Member

Jeff reminds me of the Isiah Thomas of the Dolphins, he just sticks around, like mud in the trad of your shoe

11. Doctor Phibes

Doctor Phibes Well-Known Member

Yep, Ireland has overseen the building of a mediocre roster for the last 5 years but Ross has been his boss for most of that time and what's his only action been ? To give Ireland a pay raise, more responsibility and an extended contract. Ireland will continue to talk up his own record, blame everyone else and I'm not at all hopeful that Ross will ever see through it

12. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

It's Jeff Ireland's fault we are going over the fiscal cliff... world hunger and racism. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  13. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Ireland isn't going anywhere I wish people would zip it already on this nonsense. He's had the reigns for one damn year. He had a nice draft, now he'll finish the job this off season. Smdh. Only way Ireland gets canned is if Philbin goes too. And he's not going anywhere either.

14. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

But INDY was.

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

Nonsense and nonsense. That being said, he likely isn't going anywhere as he bought himself at least another year by finally addressing the most important position in football (no, it's not anywhere in the "trenches") and he's finally showing some ability to be proactive by grabbing a potential replacement for Jake Long a year before it became a need. Hopefully he takes that chance he got when he wasn't fired with Sparano, strips the Parcells influence off entirely, and grabs some playmakers for once.

16. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

So now its only a single year.

It must suck to be Jeff Ireland. When he goes to update his resume' the years just keep disappearing....

17. Gonzo

:lol: I was thinking the same thing.

18. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Ireland is the last turd from the Parcels regime. Ross stayed the course with him because everyone including Peterson told him to. Apart from RT(who is still developing), this last draft did not provide any impact players this year. No one really emerged, just a few flashes of talent from Vernon, Miller, Thigpen.
    Last year we finished 6-3 down the stretch and we had some optimism in this roster. Now the perception has changed to we have more holes and questions than ever.
    I do not see an improvement in the win column nor in the talent department that would justify keeping Ireland.
    IMHO, he is a carpet bagger GM. Good enough to get hired, but not good enough to build a winner.

19. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Well guys there are 2 side to this issue and I am not defending the lack of play makers or Ireland. First if Philbin does not believe in Ireland or vise versa then IMO that determines his fate as much as anything else. Second and less important is if Ross and his football advisers whoever they are believe that Ireland moves are an improvement from his past decisions. IMO this years draft for whatever it was has been his best so far and in free agency resigning C. Wake and P Saloi were his best moves and the lowballing free agents he brought in this year did not work out. Regardless of our opinion it goes back to Philbin and Ross football advisers.

20. finfanaz

finfanaz A True Fan

^^ This..

A lot of you are going to be seriously bummed when he's retained. Even if we get blown out by the Jags. Everyone also needs to believe more in Philbin, things have gone no where but up since he's been here. That includes Irelands drafts. I'm not his hugest fan either, but I believe Philbin is running a tight ship and he has more say than we think when it comes to personnel.

21. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

nice draft lol it was pretty average the athletic tightend hasn't played all season lmao.. martin looks average right now and he addressed the Wr position in the 6th round? lol

22. biggiesmalls3k1

biggiesmalls3k1 How Bout Them Fins?!

Yea this line of reasoning drives me nuts...the bottom line to me is that the guy has been here 5 years and we keeping going backwards, this idea that while Parcells was here Ireland was just sitting around with his thumb up his butt is completely asinine...the guy had to be doing SOMETHING and he contributed to all the garbage we have on the team, we have ZERO playmakers on the outside and TWO difference makers on defense...if we get rid of him, we might be able to salvage these 5 early picks and the 40+ million of capspace...if not, we have another fruitless offseason to look forward to...

23. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

i dont want him touching none of those picks.. it would be a waste -__-

24. Gonzo

We're 5-8 and will be lucky to end up 7-9, so I fail to see how we've gone nowhere but up. We finally attempted to address the most important position in football and Philbin looks promising, but I'd say it's far too early to say that. Hell, the fact that we could lose to the godawful jags speaks volumes.

Ireland will likely be retained, though I certainly won't be "bummed" about it. He should have been fired with Sparano, but it is what it is. He's at least showing some improvement in finally drafting a legitimate option at QB and making his first proactive move ever in drafting a potential Long replacement a year before it was a must need, giving him time to develop into a starting LT in the NFL. Two great moves (assuming that's why he drafted Martin. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though the rest of the draft is pretty mediocre, at best) that take a little bit of the pain out of not adding any playmakers that can actually put points on the board. That being said, I'll continue to judge him on his entire body of work, and it most certainly doesn't start with this year.

25. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

Seriously dude??? You can't say this draft was average or good, you can't judge it for another year. Anyone who knows the NFL knows that. How the hell can you say it was average. Most people say judge a draft after 3 years, but at least give this one two years before you slap a sticker on it.

26. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Tannehill (franchise QB), Martin (insurance for Long), Vernon (Wake's backup), Egnew (likely part of rotation next season), Miller (insurance for Bush), Randall, and Matthews (likely a part of the rotation next season).

Reshad Jones and Pouncey potential Pro Bowlers and Wake's already one.

He adds the WRs and a few playmakers on Defense this off season and we're on our way. This short-sighted haterade is naive, plz.

27. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

Lol you draft a qb and you dont help the kid? he is clueless

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

oh yea i forgot this was his first draft lol

28. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

5 years and we still suck. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. who needs to see any more to drive that point home?

29. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

sorry, you can spin it anyway you you want. Fact is he has been here for 5 years. And we have little to show for it. Sadly he probably won't go anywhere.

30. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

Cool, another dead horse thread.

31. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

According to you, Ireland never drafted Pouncey and Jones. He certainly didnt sign Cameron Wake.

I mean, hes only "had the reigns" for a single offseason after all, right?

32. Gonzo

:lol:

33. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

lolol

34. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Having full reigns doesn't disqualify he drafted Pouncey and Jones. Ireland isn't going anywhere, live with it. Suck it up, buddy. ;) I was addressing the "last draft" sucked nonsense. But more nonsensical drivel.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  35. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP

so wait, all the good moves made were him, all the bad decisions were Parcells?

36. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

So let me get this right:

If a draft pick or free agent signing busts before 2011 its not Irelands fault because he didnt have full control.
    If a draft pick or free agent signing works out Ireland deserves the credit because "not having full reigns doesnt disqualify him".

But the rest of us are posting the nonsensical drivel. Riiiiiight.

37. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

so he has just been holding his privates for the other 4 lol.

38. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

Welcome to finheaven...LOL

39. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

I still say Ireland was counting chickens on Miami getting James Jones this past offseason, counting it like it was money in the bank. Then, Greg Jennings gets a concussion and the whole thing goes 'Kabluey!' James Jones has bad a breakthrough season and now Jennings will be on the outside looking in at GB come mid-February. Jennings now has the stigma of being oft-injured and I feel with Miami's luck, he'd be hurt all the time for us and as our only FA splash, we'd be in an even worse place with our WRs next season.

Have we just had the worst luck? Is that even possible to avoid or are we just a black hole of doom? We do, as a fanbase, now have a collective unconsciousness of negativity. It was created by real events but I do think a collective dread does become manifested in the physical realm. The Lions have it too which is why they still suck even with all the things that we want: they have a true #1WR, a #1 overall pick at QB who you can't even call a 'bust' (though still not worth that amount of $$), top draft picks on the DL, yet they still suck. Why? You can't answer it with black & white logic. They just suck because they are the Lions.
    It's sad that Miami has just become this entity that is seemingly doomed to suck. The #1 overall talent evaluator in the organization is the owner, and that goes for any team. The owner has to know who is good at their job and who isn't. Stephen Ross is an idiot, apparently, when it comes to evaluating this kind of talent. Or is he?
    If I'm not mistaken, he inherited the Parcells/Ireland regime and did not understand enough to know that Parcells was a dinosaur and Ireland was a toady for Parcells,intent in following Parcells' blueprint even though it was shown to be worthlessly outdated. He did not know enough to understand that Carl Peterson is also a dinosaur idiot so getting advice for him was detrimental.
    So ultimately, the main problem with 'Fire Jeff Ireland' is the person who would hire his successor. I honestly think Stephen Ross could do worse than Jeff Ireland. How's that for a happy thought.

40. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

More like he was holding Bill's privates the previous 4 years

41. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

Strange enough Ross has been direct depositing checks into Ireland's account for about five years. The SEC may want to look into Jeff Ireland for fraud or something. As for Philbin leaving, I'll take my chances that Ross will retain him because he's actually only had the reigns for one damn year, there's been plenty of evidence provided that GM's and Coaches don't have to be package deal provided on this board.

42. Cleetus

Cleetus Well-Known Member

I am becoming slightly amused by all the Ireland apologists in this thread. I can understand saying Ross will retain him because I agree Ross does not appear to know what he is doing with regard to owning this team but to go out of your way making excuses for this front office is insane. We will still suck next year and then these same people will be back defending Ireland again. I know because I have been advocating getting rid of the dude for a couple years now and last year it was the same thing- give him another year to finish the job, he has only been here for 1 year on his own, he is cute and has red hair, etc.

43. scottie g

scottie g Active Member

you , my friend , need some serious help .

44. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

Many folks here love mediocrity...What can you do about it...

45. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Here's my question to the Ireland apologists:

If Jeff Ireland was the investment manager for your retirement fund, and you kept losing money from your retirement account for four straight years, would you still let him manage your money?

Then why, with that sort of track record, do you want him managing the football team you cheer for?

Get real.

46. Strangeworld

Strangeworld A True Fan

We are about to endure our FOURTH straight losing season and you are defending the GM?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

47. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Sure doesn't smell like mud.

48. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

No, just your posts are nonsensical. As I address the "last draft sucked" drivel and you caricature it as something totally out of context. Thus, nonsensical drivel.

49. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

Post of the month! For those that want to keep Jeff, how many game changers do we have on this roster? We need to get back to the championship level again and he won't take us there. Please wake up Mr. Ross.

50. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

Bro there is no need to call another members posts drivel. Please debate the topic and not make it personal. What has Ireland done for us to keep him as the GM?