time to quit blaming jeff ireland | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

time to quit blaming jeff ireland

Tannehill (franchise QB), Martin (insurance for Long), Vernon (Wake's backup), Egnew (likely part of rotation next season), Miller (insurance for Bush), Randall, and Matthews (likely a part of the rotation next season).

Reshad Jones and Pouncey potential Pro Bowlers and Wake's already one.

He adds the WRs and a few playmakers on Defense this off season and we're on our way. This short-sighted haterade is naive, plz.

According to you, Ireland never drafted Pouncey and Jones. He certainly didnt sign Cameron Wake.

I mean, hes only "had the reigns" for a single offseason after all, right?

According to you, Ireland never drafted Pouncey and Jones. He certainly didnt sign Cameron Wake.

:lol:

Having full reigns doesn't disqualify he drafted Pouncey and Jones. Ireland isn't going anywhere, live with it. Suck it up, buddy. ;) I was addressing the "last draft" sucked nonsense. But more nonsensical drivel.

Last edited by a moderator:
so wait, all the good moves made were him, all the bad decisions were Parcells?

Having full reigns doesn't disqualify he drafted Pouncey and Jones. Ireland isn't going anywhere, live with it. Suck it up, buddy. ;) I was addressing the "last draft" sucked nonsense. But more nonsensical drivel.

So let me get this right:

If a draft pick or free agent signing busts before 2011 its not Irelands fault because he didnt have full control.
If a draft pick or free agent signing works out Ireland deserves the credit because "not having full reigns doesnt disqualify him".

But the rest of us are posting the nonsensical drivel. Riiiiiight.

Ireland isn't going anywhere I wish people would zip it already on this nonsense. He's had the reigns for one damn year. He had a nice draft, now he'll finish the job this off season. Smdh. Only way Ireland gets canned is if Philbin goes too. And he's not going anywhere either.

so he has just been holding his privates for the other 4 lol.

So let me get this right:

If a draft pick or free agent signing busts before 2011 its not Irelands fault because he didnt have full control.
If a draft pick or free agent signing works out Ireland deserves the credit because "not having full reigns doesnt disqualify him".

But the rest of us are posting the nonsensical drivel. Riiiiiight.

Welcome to finheaven...LOL

I still say Ireland was counting chickens on Miami getting James Jones this past offseason, counting it like it was money in the bank. Then, Greg Jennings gets a concussion and the whole thing goes 'Kabluey!' James Jones has bad a breakthrough season and now Jennings will be on the outside looking in at GB come mid-February. Jennings now has the stigma of being oft-injured and I feel with Miami's luck, he'd be hurt all the time for us and as our only FA splash, we'd be in an even worse place with our WRs next season.

Have we just had the worst luck? Is that even possible to avoid or are we just a black hole of doom? We do, as a fanbase, now have a collective unconsciousness of negativity. It was created by real events but I do think a collective dread does become manifested in the physical realm. The Lions have it too which is why they still suck even with all the things that we want: they have a true #1WR, a #1 overall pick at QB who you can't even call a 'bust' (though still not worth that amount of $$), top draft picks on the DL, yet they still suck. Why? You can't answer it with black & white logic. They just suck because they are the Lions.
It's sad that Miami has just become this entity that is seemingly doomed to suck. The #1 overall talent evaluator in the organization is the owner, and that goes for any team. The owner has to know who is good at their job and who isn't. Stephen Ross is an idiot, apparently, when it comes to evaluating this kind of talent. Or is he?
If I'm not mistaken, he inherited the Parcells/Ireland regime and did not understand enough to know that Parcells was a dinosaur and Ireland was a toady for Parcells,intent in following Parcells' blueprint even though it was shown to be worthlessly outdated. He did not know enough to understand that Carl Peterson is also a dinosaur idiot so getting advice for him was detrimental.
So ultimately, the main problem with 'Fire Jeff Ireland' is the person who would hire his successor. I honestly think Stephen Ross could do worse than Jeff Ireland. How's that for a happy thought.

Ireland isn't going anywhere I wish people would zip it already on this nonsense. He's had the reigns for one damn year. He had a nice draft, now he'll finish the job this off season. Smdh. Only way Ireland gets canned is if Philbin goes too. And he's not going anywhere either.

Strange enough Ross has been direct depositing checks into Ireland's account for about five years. The SEC may want to look into Jeff Ireland for fraud or something. As for Philbin leaving, I'll take my chances that Ross will retain him because he's actually only had the reigns for one damn year, there's been plenty of evidence provided that GM's and Coaches don't have to be package deal provided on this board.

I am becoming slightly amused by all the Ireland apologists in this thread. I can understand saying Ross will retain him because I agree Ross does not appear to know what he is doing with regard to owning this team but to go out of your way making excuses for this front office is insane. We will still suck next year and then these same people will be back defending Ireland again. I know because I have been advocating getting rid of the dude for a couple years now and last year it was the same thing- give him another year to finish the job, he has only been here for 1 year on his own, he is cute and has red hair, etc.

you , my friend , need some serious help .

Here's my question to the Ireland apologists:

If Jeff Ireland was the investment manager for your retirement fund, and you kept losing money from your retirement account for four straight years, would you still let him manage your money?

Then why, with that sort of track record, do you want him managing the football team you cheer for?

Get real.

Back
Top Bottom