To All of you Randy Shannon Fluffers... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To All of you Randy Shannon Fluffers...

Tommy Streeter can't crack the depth chart. He's had very little playing time. Davon Johnson can't. Kendall Thompkins obviously can't. Jermaine McKenzie gave up and left.

Randy Shannon lost Nix to Notre Dame when Notre Dame didn't have a head coach. He lost Chandler from the Miami Northwestern pipeline to effing FIU.

Dude, you have become really disappointing to me. You used to be one of my favorite posters on here.

Dude, you have become really disappointing to me. You used to be one of my favorite posters on here.

It's not hard to see man. I'm sorry. I like Shannon as a person. He's done great things as a Hurricane. I've got a lot of respect for Shannon. But he's not gonna take us back to where we need to be. You can recruit all you want. You can land five-star after five-star. But you gotta be able to win with them in the end. That's what it's all about.

There are two sides to every story. Sounds like you're getting the story from the player's perspective only, which is just ridiculous. Maybe Kendall Thompkins isn't good enough to play WR at this level? Maybe Whipple told Shannon Damien Berry didn't know the playbook well enough and missed some assignments and needed to be sat? Maybe he said Damien didn't practice hard enough in spring or throughout the season? Are you telling us that Shannon is flat out telling Whipple not to play guys like Streeter, Johnson, and Thompkins? If these guys are that good, it sounds like you are saying Shannon has a vendetta against them and doesn't want them to succeed. Skill positions are all alike, when enough games aren't being won, the most popular guys are always the backups.

How many butt hurt kids are there playing college football right now? They all think their better than the other guy, and when a coach essentially tells them they're not, by not playing them, they start talking and telling stories. This happens at every school in the country, and most of the time it's just kids being pissed that they're not the center of attention anymore.

Shannon doesn't get a pass, he is not blame free by any means. I don't know if he should be here past next year. But what I will do, is give him his 4th year and let his first recruiting class become seniors and see what happens. 2 game improvements each year is ok, but it has been overshadowed by the Urban Meyer's and Nick Saban's of the world who win and win quick. It's pretty ridiculous to compare Shannon to the 2 best coaches in the country when the situations were completely different. Both of those guys inhereited pretty decent talent, Coker left the cupboards so bare it's not even funny. All you have to do is take a look at the recruiting classes from 2004 and 2005 to realize what Shannon had as upperclassmen in his first year on the job, it was truly awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand being puzzled by the LACK of big name recruits . . . but the OLine class he is putting together has ALOT of potential, and lets face it . . . we needed OLine more than anything else.

We are LOADED at RB and WR. We have young capable guys in our secondary, at LB and on the DLine . . . . Randy needed a class like this . . . next year is when he will have to reload at the skill positions.

It's not hard to see man. I'm sorry. I like Shannon as a person. He's done great things as a Hurricane. I've got a lot of respect for Shannon. But he's not gonna take us back to where we need to be. You can recruit all you want. You can land five-star after five-star. But you gotta be able to win with them in the end. That's what it's all about.

It's not what your opinion of Randy is. It's that you try to purposely mislead people. Among other things, do you really think that Todd Chandler is going to FIU because Mario Cristobal outrecruited Randy Shannon? And Davon Johnson is really a stud? Tommy Streeter is very good, but he was a freshman last year. If he's good enough, he'll take over for Laron Byrd, who I don't think is ultra-talented. It's good to have that kind of depth. And Kendall Thompkins was nowhere near a stud recruit. He may turn out to be a very good, Roscoe Parrish-type slot receiver, but let's not act like he was any kind of 'stud' coming in. I think he was a 2 star, if I'm not mistaken. He knew the depth chart, he should have expected the possibility that there were going to be several players better than him. But don't get me wrong, I think Thompkins is one of the good ones, and I think he should stay at WR, but I'm not the coach. If I were the coach I'd have Hankerson at flanker, AJ at split end, TB in the slot, and KT as the 4th receiver. And it won't really break our backs if KT leaves, Thearon Collier and Davon Johnson are pretty good.

I have hardly spoke to any players this season. I spoke to Damien Berry for roughly two minutes a couple of hours prior to the Florida State game in Tallahassee. I spoke to Darryl Sharpton sometime after the USF game. That's it.

But you guys are missing the point here. Why are we recruiting 10 kids at one position and 1 at another? And then when we're so thin at this position, we force this kid over to that position. It's not fair to these kids. That's what it's all about. It's about these kids. These kids come here wanting to play and wanting to play the position they played in high school.

Which brings me to my next point. Damien Berry. Shannon moved him over to DB and Damien Berry didn't complain. Berry just agreed and moved on. He didn't like it, but like I said before, he's a good kid who keeps his mouth shut and doesn't talk back. Now look. Damien is back at his natural position and the position he came to Miami to play. Everyone here knows that we're a beter, more aggressive offense when Damien is in the game. Why is it so hard for Shannon to see that Damien Berry needs to be the starter and get 95% of the carries? There's no denying that.

And I'd love to hear who I've purposely mislead.

I'm not saying you misled anyone. I just think there are two sides to every story, and then the actual truth which is somewhere in the middle. I'm not calling you a liar, I think your information is good and I enjoy reading it, I just like a little discussion.

Wasn't Damien Berry recruited as a DB to the U? According to Rivals he was the 7th ranked safety prospect in the state of florida in 2007. Unless he was flat out lied to, it should have come as no surprise that he was playing safety his freshman year and then moved to running back.

I will agree with you that this offense looks really good when Damien is playing, and I hope he is the "feature" back next year. I don't think the d-line is in as dire of a situation as some others may. Look at the guys coming back on the d-line as opposed to that garbage o-line we trotted out on the field last year:

Regis, Vernon, Dye, Ojomo, Lewis, Forston, Hardin, Porter, Holmes, Bailey, Smith, Robinson and then Tavadius Glenn coming in. Not 100% sure that Todd Chandler won't be a part of this class before all is said and done.

The o-line this year clearly needed to be a priority

And I'd love to hear who I've purposely mislead.

Well, let's ask everyone then.

Who believes that Louis Nix 'chose' Notre Dame over Miami?

And who believes that Todd Chandler is going to FIU, and that if he is, he's going because Mario Cristobal outrecruited Shannon to get him?

If no one answers yes, then I guess everyone saw right through that BS. I'm pretty sure that even you don't believe that, which is why it's called purposely misleading.

Well, let's ask everyone then.

Who believes that Louis Nix 'chose' Notre Dame over Miami?

And who believes that Todd Chandler is going to FIU, and that if he is, he's going because Mario Cristobal outrecruited Shannon to get him?

If no one answers yes, then I guess everyone saw right through that BS. I'm pretty sure that even you don't believe that, which is why it's called purposely misleading.

It is absolute FACT Louis Nix chose Notre Dame. He had the grades. He had everything. He chose Notre Dame. I remember speaking with his DC at a tailgate this season—I believe it was the Virginia game—he said we had nothing to worry about. Shortly after that, Louis decides he's going to Notre Dame.

Nix's coach tailgates with us at every home game. There's no reason for me or anyone to question his info on Louis Nix and his commitment. Everyone wanted Nix at Miami and I think Nix simply didn't want to disappoint but his heart was at Notre Dame. That's the reality of that situation.

I'll find out more about Chandler.

It is absolute FACT Louis Nix chose Notre Dame. He had the grades. He had everything. He chose Notre Dame. I remember speaking with his DC at a tailgate this season—I believe it was the Virginia game—he said we had nothing to worry about. Shortly after that, Louis decides he's going to Notre Dame.

Nix's coach tailgates with us at every home game. There's no reason for me or anyone to question his info on Louis Nix and his commitment. Everyone wanted Nix at Miami and I think Nix simply didn't want to disappoint but his heart was at Notre Dame. That's the reality of that situation.

I'll find out more about Chandler.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. The coach says we have 'nothing to worry about', and then Nix shortly thereafter 'picks' another school? I guess it's similar to Bryce Brown last year, when we had 'nothing to worry about', and then he 'picks' Tennessee. The only FACT is, that none of us REALLY know what happened, because not one of us is Randy Shannon or Clint Hurtt, I don't care what kind of connections you have. You might get a lot of inside information, but it's literally impossible to get all of it.

Rumor is Shannon withdrew the offer after Nix took numerous trips up to South Bend on his own dime. And even bigger rumor is that Nix got a nice little 'sign-on bonus' of 30K.

I don't know anything about any sign-on bonus. And no, I don't know everything. Never have never will. The offer was not withdrawn. That I do know. There's no way his coach tells me we have nothing to worry about and then Nix decommitts and heads North. Nix officially decommitted.

It does seem similar to the Bryce Brown situation but Bryce Brown's offer expired and he was never issued another one. When it came time to pick a school, Bryce did not have an offer from Miami to sign. Shannon made that clear. If Nix had his offer withdrawn, why wouldn't Shannon again protect himself by saying so? Nix's coach was very disappointed and very upset with how he handled the situation. That's all I know. I have no reason to not trust that source.

But now we see Randy Shannon scrambling for defensive recruits. Much like Coker, he didn't have a backup plan. I'm not blaming Shannon for that because this is the reality of the cutthroart industry that is college football recruiting. These are kids and we often forget that. Kids don't know what they're doing sometimes. They say one thing and do another. But I'm told Shannon has recruited some undersized lineman out of Miami Beach who even Rivals has never heard of.

Todd Chandler went to South Florida; not FIU. I believe I said FIU orginally but even still. You can't lose backyard recruits to rival schools like USF. Todd Chandler and Marcus Forston are really close and both came from the Miami Northwestern pipeline that has fed this program for years. We've lost Todd Chandler from that school. Kendall Thompkins will probably bolt. Shannon probably won't be able to land Michalee Harris even though I feel he isn't nor should be a priority this seaon. Torrian Wilson doesn't even have an offer.

All we talked about last year was how loaded this class was going to be because of all the talent in the South Florida area. It's ridiculous how much talent is here this season. It's some of the deepest I've seen in years. And how disappointed are we with the results of this class when National Signing Day is just under a month away? I'm not too thrilled about it. The only hope we have is for a big recruiting weekend when the Pro Bowl is in town. It's the weekend before National Signing Day. And I can't understand why Shannon doesn't hold some weekend event for big name recruits like the Seminoles and Gators do. Kids come out of those weekends raving about those programs. And Florida State uses those weekends to land kids like Jeff Luc. And Florida lands guys like Matt Elam. And we don't have any of that stuff that recruits crave...why?

Very good info by JCane, beating the Herald by several days. I saw the blurb about Shannon asking Kendall Thompkins to switch to defense in Barry Jackson's column.

For some reason the OP was edited to exclude that segment, but it held up.

Nice heads up on that J. Clearly though, you were trying to purposely mislead people...oh wait.....

Back
Top Bottom