To All of you Randy Shannon Fluffers... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To All of you Randy Shannon Fluffers...

The turning point for Coker came after the Tennessee game in 2003 for me. At 2004, I figured I'd let him go another season, then the UNC/Clemson losses happened.

He was dead to me then.

Wasn't Damien Berry recruited here as a DB? And then he was moved to RB his sophomore year? He was ranked the #7 safety prospect in the state of FL according to Rivals. Yes, I do remember the story of Damien's father and Randy.

And a pretty good DB as well. All major recruiting websites say he was recruited as a DB, not a RB. I agree with you that he is the best RB on this team, but he was supposedly a highly touted DB coming out of high school. LSU I believe was recruiting him to play safety as well. As far as Sam Shields goes, what is the saying about receivers who can't catch? They play defensive back. It's unfortunate he couldn't work out there either.

We know Sam Shields can't play at wide receiver. How do we know Thompkins can't. He hasn't gotten any real burn at the position. And that kid showed out during the spring game.

I had to. There are some things that I hear that I can't share and there are some things I hear that probably shouldn't be shared but I do it anyway. This was one of those that I probably should have left a lid on. I didn't really think it mattered because as we all know, this isn't the first time Shannon has strongarmed a kid into changing positions.

Somehow, this information made its way over to CaneSport. I doubt that anyone from FinHeaven took this info to CaneSport but once Ferman's gang got ahold of it, the info spread like wildfire and I got a call. I'm sure someone else got the same information I did and someone told somone who told someone and then it blows up. It always blows up but usually by that time the Herald, Sun-Sentinel, etc., have their hands on it as well and it doesn't matter.

The school actually has a couple of people who monitor these boards all day. They monitor Scout, Rivals, ITU, and other boards with proclaimed inside information. That's why I edited my original post to exclude that particular segment.

I'm never gonna come here and just drop my opinion and try to sell it off as the truth and mislead anyone. That's not what I'm about, guys. I'm just sick of seeing this program that I grew up with and love so much drown in mediocrity. I'm very vocal about that.

This program should have high standards and right now I don't feel very confident in the programs current standards. I'm tired of seeing other programs such as USC and Alabama make explosive hires while we standby and "settle" for midde of the pack coaches. I had high hopes for Shannon when he was first named the head coach at Miami. But I haven't seen anythng from him that makes me really believe he'll take us back. In his first season I watched him do nothing with bad football players and gave him a pass. Now, I'm watching him take some great athletes and put an average product on the field in a conference we should win every other year on average based on athlete v. athelete.

JCane, let me emphasize I didn't take your Thompkins info to Canesport. There was a thread a day or two ago on the main football forum, after the Herald article, and I replied, saying it had been mentioned several days earlier by a sharp poster on a Dolphins site. But I never mentioned it before that, and the topic had not come up on that free page.

I'm not a member of the premium board over there. Based on what I've gathered from other sites today, apparently your info did make it to the premium board, and rather quickly, several days before the Herald article. I do remember linking to this site many months ago on the Canesport free forum, saying there were a couple of guys with insight to the program. Perhaps that led some posters on Canesport to monitor this forum, similar to what the university does.

Regardless, I always appreciate your input. I generally share your opinion of Shannon. Difficult to be great when the coach doesn't demonstrate any hint of greatness. That puts an extreme burden on acquiring talent far superior to anyone else, which isn't realistic, although we've managed it before.

Back
Top Bottom