Tony McDaniel seemed REAL UNHAPPY today on the Sid Rosenberg show today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony McDaniel seemed REAL UNHAPPY today on the Sid Rosenberg show today

I listened to the interview, and I really dont see what the big deal is. That "this is my last year in Miami" quote is due to him being a free agent at the end of the year. He went on to say he will keep his mouth shut until the end of the season, and then hopefully they could get a deal done. ALL football players care about their contract status, so its not surprising that he mentioned his. He might not be a gamechanger, and I think that all Dolphin fans will tell you we are much better off with the Langford, Soliai, Starks starting front, but he might have been dissapointed that he didnt get a chance to start, thats understandable.

He seemed like he was a low key, respectful guy. He was always saying, "yes sir" etc, and it really isnt uncommon not to be THAT close with the coaching staff. During practice im sure he sees/hears more the the d-line coach than he does Nolan, on game days Nolan isnt even on the sidelines, hes up in a box. Sometimes things players say get blown way out of proportion, and I think thats the case here. Also remember hes a young guy, and probably not used to being interviewed. You can tell when Ricky has his show, he has been there and done that, and wont say anything that would be even borderline controversial. McDaniel just doesnt have that skill yet, but I dont think he was slamming the team, or seemed like he didnt want to be here at all.

Will be surprised if the fins allow Mcdaniel to do another radio interview.

Have I already mentioned F*ck 560? just checking.
Chubbs

560 is truly horrendous now. The Geno Toretta Show puts you to sleep and listening to the Michael Irvin Show drops your IQ down a few notches. Everything is crap on that station now.

790 and 940 Winz are where its at now.

I heard the interview and had the following immediate reactions:

1. McDaniel sounded stupid, stoned or both. Could barely understand the guy, and went right wherever Sid led him.

2. When your team shows no appreciation for you, drafts and acquires free agents to play ahead of you, and you still can't crack the starting lineup when 2 people who play your position are out, perhaps you're not as good as you think you are. Something tells me that Sparano/Ireland's response to his statement that this is his last year with the Fins would be "Duh!"

I just listened to the interview and McDaniel doesn't sound pissed at all. He seems to be happy to be a Dolphin and is willing to help this team in any way and do whatever the coaching staff feels his role is. However, he is in a contract year and if he makes plays he should be rewarded. I think he was just trying to get that point acrossed, that "hey if I make plays I am going to want to be a starter and paid like one", which might be something the Dolphins are not willing to accomodate.

Back
Top Bottom