Tony Pauline- "99.9 percent" chance Bess is traded to Browns for multiple picks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline- "99.9 percent" chance Bess is traded to Browns for multiple picks

Your odds of getting even an average to decent nfl player at sixth round are pretty low. Bess isnt a stud but he is not going to hurt your team. I mean look at Jets he would do nothing but help them. I would never give up a 4th but a sixth all day long for a solid player that is worthy of an nfl roster spot

A good GM should be able to find a WR better than bess before the 6th round anyway. I'm just saying I would roll the dice on the 6th round pick and see what happens.

A good GM should be able to find a WR better than bess before the 6th round anyway. I'm just saying I would roll the dice on the 6th round pick and see what happens.

Well U have other picks Im just saying its more important to have an actual NFL player on your roster than take shots in the dark in the 6th and 7th rounds. i mean look at last year neither Matthews or Cunningham were better players. Having Bess as your third or 4th wr is not a sign of having a bad receiving corp its when u have to make him your number 2

Well U have other picks Im just saying its more important to have an actual NFL player on your roster than take shots in the dark in the 6th and 7th rounds. i mean look at last year neither Matthews or Cunningham were better players. Having Bess as your third or 4th wr is not a sign of having a bad receiving corp its when u have to make him your number 2

If I have to settle for someone the caliber of Bess, I'd rather find that elsewhere. Draft picks are valuable. Maybe I'd take a flyer on a project QB. We've seen how they can be valuable in trades for example.

If I have to settle for someone the caliber of Bess, I'd rather find that elsewhere. Draft picks are valuable. Maybe I'd take a flyer on a project QB. We've seen how they can be valuable in trades for example.

sixth and 7th rounders not so valuable. Teams annually get the same quality in undrafted free agents.

sixth and 7th rounders not so valuable. Teams annually get the same quality in undrafted free agents.

Of course. I agree. They're not that valuable but I'd still use it to draft someone. More times than not it won't amount to much or anything, but I'll take my chances.

You guys are all "draft dazed" IMO. You want to trade a known player like Bess for a 4th...what do you think you get with a 4th? Let's see...maybe someone like Gates he drafted in the 4th two years ago? How'd that work out?

YOU DON'T LET GOOD PLAYERS GO FOR A "MAYBE"...A BIRD IN THE HAND AND ALL THAT...

Now, if you want to do a player trade...for let's say an OT...then we can talk...but please don't tell me that you are going to trade Bess and hope that Ireland "hits it big" with a 4th....it's a joke!

You guys are all "draft dazed" IMO. You want to trade a known player like Bess for a 4th...what do you think you get with a 4th? Let's see...maybe someone like Gates he drafted in the 4th two years ago? How'd that work out?

YOU DON'T LET GOOD PLAYERS GO FOR A "MAYBE"...A BIRD IN THE HAND AND ALL THAT...

Now, if you want to do a player trade...for let's say an OT...then we can talk...but please don't tell me that you are going to trade Bess and hope that Ireland "hits it big" with a 4th....it's a joke!

Good player? It's Davone Bess...

Good player? It's Davone Bess...

Cmon Bess is not a bad player. Im not his biggest fan but how many times will u draft a guy in late rounds that will average 64 receptions a year .
Im pretty sure the chance of that is below 10 percent

If there is no plan to try to resign Bess after next year it makes perfect sense to shop him around and take whatever you can get for him. He is a decent player which is why you can get anything at all for him but he is very expendable. Bess is a reliable set of hands as well as a decent return guy so he has value. I rather see them trade him and recoup some of that value then see him get very limited play next year and have him walk as a free agent at the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom