Tony Pauline: Dolphins among top suitors for Tank Carradine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline: Dolphins among top suitors for Tank Carradine

i think after Hayden, there's a talent fall off, your'e starting to get to that 2nd group of guys (not just at the CB position, but in general). With the picks we have, I'd want to be in on the first group twice. We'd still have plenty of picks for the other rounds. We have needs, but two elite talents would go a lot further than 4 guys struggling to make it.

If the Bears miss out on Eifert and the O-linemen, they might just want to retreat to that next group of O-linemen at a more realistic value. If we give them 42 and 54, for 20, they get to add two 2nd tier O-linemen instead of reaching for one, and we'd draft before the Bengals, who I think would love to draft him there. Depending on whose available that trade could make a lot of sense. There are other guys I'd trade up for too. 1-5 in this draft is really close to 16-20 imo.

i'd be pretty damn stoked if it was carradine or hayden...and if we somehow ended up with em both...DAMN BLAM

That would be pretty sick.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the Branden Albert trade but imagine if the Dolphins were able to for example trade 54 out for Albert, take Hayden at 12, and then trade #42 and #77 up for Carradine.

Right?

Of course even after that you still need a Guard, Defensive Tackle and a Running Back. Then you'd have open options for a Wide Receiver, Linebacker, Free Safety and Tight End.

Too many needs.

Of course even after that you still need a Guard, Defensive Tackle and a Running Back. Then you'd have open options for a Wide Receiver, Linebacker, Free Safety and Tight End.

Too many needs.
While this is true..I gotta say if we could get Tank and Hayden/Rhodes that would be well worth it. We can't fill every single need..and I'd rather fill 2 needs with elite prospects than 3-4 with average guys

Too many needs.

Yeah, but I'd rather acquire high end players when I have the chance, and grind away at needs as they come. I think Louis could be a solid answer at OG. Albert isn't the way I'd go. I'd rather try Martin on the left and look for a B. Williams around 82. So you still have 12, 42, 54, 77 to spend on position other than O-line. If you can turn 42 and 54 or 42 and 77 into T. Austin, C. Patterson, X. Rhodes, C. Carradine, D. Hayden, J. Hunter (though I wouldn't for Miami, because I don't like the fit), or E. Reid, I think that's something you almost have to do. I think Miami is more devoid of big-time talent than it is riddled with holes. I think we have bunch of guys who are good enough. With a few high end guys, the JAG's look better.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

While this is true..I gotta say if we could get Tank and Hayden/Rhodes that would be well worth it. We can't fill every single need..and I'd rather fill 2 needs with elite prospects than 3-4 with average guys

Beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be pretty sick.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the Branden Albert trade but imagine if the Dolphins were able to for example trade 54 out for Albert, take Hayden at 12, and then trade #42 and #77 up for Carradine.

Right?

i don't know that #42 and #77 would get you up to where you need to be for carradine...seems kinda light to me but who knows...i saw trades last year for less comp then i expected under this new cba

i'm with the don't worry about all the needs you have roll with jags if need be at some positions mindset and acquire yourself 2 legit talents...i count carradine and hayden as being just that...if you end up using your 1st and both 2nd rounders and a 3rd to get it done i'm in...go for difference makers and your top rated guys this year...difference makers win games...

i'm done with mediocre results...

i'd be pretty damn stoked if it was carradine or hayden...and if we somehow ended up with em both...DAMN BLAM

Is that the sound of our medical staff blowing their heads off?

j/k

Love both guys. But this kind of creativity and forward thinking is not Jeff Ireland's style.

j/k

Love both guys. But this kind of creativity and forward thinking is not Jeff Ireland's style.

Ah, let us dream. This is the first sense we've had that Ireland might, possibly, hopefully not shoot himself in the foot.

like was mentioned, i dont know if Ireland has it in him to draft Tank but it would make my day. Dont be cute, if you want him take him at 12.

j/k

ha ha well the medical would have to be cleared and let's hope they don't love these guys if they're legs and chest are held together by chicken wire...

12. Carradine
20. Hayden
77. B. Williams
82. Rambo/D. Williams/P. Thomas (there are a few safeties I'd be happy with here)
108. Z. Stacy
139. C. Fuller

Something that starts like that would make me happy.

The one thing that makes this scenario somewhat possible is Dallas has mentioned wanting to trade down. So the potential is there for Miami to draft @ #12 and #18. Miami would almost certainly have to give up both 2nd rounders a 3rd rounder and probably something in 2014. The Fact that the NY Giants are rumored to be high on Carradine at #19 and with Jerry Reese having been solid for NY, makes me even want Carradine even more. Just a thought.

12. Carradine
20. Hayden
77. B. Williams
82. Rambo/D. Williams/P. Thomas (there are a few safeties I'd be happy with here)
108. Z. Stacy
139. C. Fuller

Something that starts like that would make me happy.

yep...might switch Swope for a third somewhere. I still dont think our WR corp is anything special

Back
Top Bottom