Tony Pauline: Dolphins among top suitors for Tank Carradine | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline: Dolphins among top suitors for Tank Carradine

i'd be pretty damn stoked if it was carradine or hayden...and if we somehow ended up with em both...DAMN BLAM
Given Ireland and moreso Philbin's personalities, I'd be SHOCKED if the Dolphins got both those guys. I'd be shocked if we ended up with either one at 12 but I wouldnt be against it.

As an FSU alumn, I am excited. I would love one of our elite defenders here. These guy can get after the ball and are NFL ready.

Thing is Carradine and Hayden before this week were slated in the late first (for Carradine) and mid second (For Hayden)... I understand that there is always a late serge on some guys and there are always at least 5-8 suprise players taken in the 1st round that weren't projected to go in the first...

With the 12th pick we have the luxury to see how things shape up with at least the first 9-10 picks (is there a run on DE's... OL.... do the QB's come into play?) before we decide to make a play to move up or back or stay pat for Johnson, Millner, Carradine, Hayden etc...

To me 12 is great spot to be at considering we have the ammo to move up if need be or move back a few spots to accuire even more ammo to use on other guys.

Thing is Carradine and Hayden before this week were slated in the late first (for Carradine) and mid second (For Hayden)... I understand that there is always a late serge on some guys and there are always at least 5-8 suprise players taken in the 1st round that weren't projected to go in the first...

The reason why they weren't being projected as top 15 picks is because of the medical issues. Nobody even knew if Hayden would return to football...then once he got cleared he shot up draft boards...people were still skeptical though so he was in that 2nd round range and then went out and absolutely destroyed his pro day (and workouts apparently). On tape he is easily a top 15 talent..Right up there with Milliner and Rhodes (whom I have yet to figure out why people don't like...just because he is big people label him SS 2.0). As for Carradine...he was similarly flagged for the ACL then went out and destroyed his workout and he's not even 100% yet. Carradine was probably a top 5 pick if he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

I agree Omen, 12 seems like a pretty sweet spot. Especially if you think at 12 there could be Carradine, Vaccaro, Hayden, Efiert, Austin sitting there, we could drop back 4 spots to the Rams, let them take Austin
and still fill a need with a great player and maybe grab an additional 3rd.

I agree Omen, 12 seems like a pretty sweet spot. Especially if you think at 12 there could be Carradine, Vaccaro, Hayden, Efiert, Austin sitting there, we could drop back 4 spots to the Rams, let them take Austin
and still fill a need with a great player and maybe grab an additional 3rd.

I like that but I also don't like it, and let me tell you why. The Jets who have a lot of the same needs we do, already pick in front of us at 9 and if we move back to 16 that would mean they have 2 picks in front of us, 9 and 14... Sure we need to worry about what we do and not what the Jets do, but I would hate to see those asshats take not 1 but 2 of the players we covet.

That would be pretty sick.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the Branden Albert trade but imagine if the Dolphins were able to for example trade 54 out for Albert, take Hayden at 12, and then trade #42 and #77 up for Carradine.

Right?

That move might save Ireland's job, and I would no longer doubt him......for at least a month

Back
Top Bottom