Too early to panic, but we can certainly be alarmed after Eagles blitz Dolphins’ D | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Too early to panic, but we can certainly be alarmed after Eagles blitz Dolphins’ D

I hope that some of you who are slamming the Defensive scheme are prepared to eat some crow when it succeeds. It must be so frustrating that you know so much more about Defenses than all our coaches.
My prediction is that the addition of players like William Hayes and Lawrence Timmons has a big impact improving our ability to stop the run, which was our biggest Defensive problem last season. I also predict that our D-line, led by Ndamukong Suh and Cam Wake becomes a major strength in winning games. I also expect Xavien Howard to be an impact player on the team.
The loss of Raekwon McMillan is very unfortunate but other players will have to step up. Defensive Coordinator, Matt Burke hasn't coached an NFL game and a stack of you are declaring a disaster. I'm of the view that we have kept it pretty vanilla in the preseason games, to date and so maybe you're over-reacting. Let's see how it goes and assess from there. The scheme can work with the many talented players assembled.
Be prepared to eat some crow.

I have to agree here....we looked like world-beaters against the Panthers in pre-season a year or two ago, and that didn't work out too well.

Hayes and Timmons are some seasoned, heavy handed ballers...and Godchaux is young, thick and strong...I have hope even without Raekwon.

I do think that our DB's need to play press though, I'm not sure if the Wide-9 calls for that, but you just can't sack Brady or Rodgers or Matt Ryan consistently....stop the run, pressure them up the middle, and take away the quick pass and let's see what happens.

I have to agree here....we looked like world-beaters against the Panthers in pre-season a year or two ago, and that didn't work out too well.

Hayes and Timmons are some seasoned, heavy handed ballers...and Godchaux is young, thick and strong...I have hope even without Raekwon.

I do think that our DB's need to play press though, I'm not sure if the Wide-9 calls for that, but you just can't sack Brady or Rodgers or Matt Ryan consistently....stop the run, pressure them up the middle, and take away the quick pass and let's see what happens.
The wide 9 doesn't dictate what DBs play. But if anything I would think the wide 9 (which should increase pass rush effectiveness) would encourage press coverage

We don't know whether the scheme is bad yet or not. It's a bit premature to start celebrating your predictions and I doubt losing Raekwon was in the cards at the time either. His loss is huge.

Look back at last year, was it bad? SoS & others have been pounding the table since mid-way(if not earlier) last season about the defense and it always got looked at as being negative or against the team as if people truly want to spend their times on a website wishing suckage on their team.

I like Harris, but watching Ruben Foster play LB for the 49ers is a beautiful thing to see. If only....

I know. We should have continued using the MO that got us Tunsil last year. Too bad, I was screaming Foster too. We could have had him and another player had we traded out the other thing I was screaming for. We were in perfect position and didn't fully take advantages of our moves.

We don't know whether the scheme is bad yet or not. It's a bit premature to start celebrating your predictions and I doubt losing Raekwon was in the cards at the time either. His loss is huge.

Psst, lean in real close b/c I have a secret . . .

IT'S THE SAME DAMN SCHEME AS LAST YEAR!!!

Our defensive scheme is trash. We run an entire system off the wide 9, which should just be an occasionally used formation to generate pressure on 3rd/4th and long. It leaves gaping holes in the middle for running backs to gash (which they have been doing with great success). The CBs are also left off scrimmage way too often, giving the opposing offense an easy completion (before the wide 9 pass rush can even become effective). It's literally designed to fail.

I don't remember the guy around here who has continually and consistently lambasted our defensive scheme, but I'd like to shake his hand. Guess that dude might actually know what he has been ranting about.

;) :laugh Let us still hope that person might be wrong.

Front seven can't get to Brady, he gets the ball out to quick. Hopefully he'll retire soon.

Disagree, Miami has done before quite a few times, and fully capable of doing it again this. Question is, will they be able to get in his face.

New DC, with a few new added pieces, we don't really know yet what type of D we have, and preseason rarely does give fans (Maybe Coaches) an accurate idea of what they have.

On a side note, I re-watched Thursday's game every play in slow motion. Ndamukong Suh gets double teamed - virtually all the time. Someone has got to step up in one-on-one

Our defensive scheme is trash. We run an entire system off the wide 9, which should just be an occasionally used formation to generate pressure on 3rd/4th and long. It leaves gaping holes in the middle for running backs to gash (which they have been doing with great success). The CBs are also left off scrimmage way too often, giving the opposing offense an easy completion (before the wide 9 pass rush can even become effective). It's literally designed to fail.

Then what do you say to those that are saying it's just a vanilla D, it's not just a vanilla D when your corners and LB's can't cover.

Disagree, Miami has done before quite a few times, and fully capable of doing it again this. Question is, will they be able to get in his face.

New DC, with a few new added pieces, we don't really know yet what type of D we have, and preseason rarely does give fans (Maybe Coaches) an accurate idea of what they have.

JT used to get to Brady...a lot...
Wake has gotten to Brady several times...

But for the most part, Brady has toyed with us (mostly in Foxboro)...hopefully that will change soon though!

Back
Top Bottom