Too early to panic, but we can certainly be alarmed after Eagles blitz Dolphins’ D | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Too early to panic, but we can certainly be alarmed after Eagles blitz Dolphins’ D

They don't seem to be having any trouble stopping the run, and it seems that we have the personnel to cover. If you stop the run and put the opponent in 3rd and 8 or longer, then you have to be successful getting them off the field and odds say we would be and these bad games are due to us just not putting up complete games. It's been pretty ugly in multiple areas at different times.

JT used to get to Brady...a lot...
Wake has gotten to Brady several times...

But for the most part, Brady has toyed with us (mostly in Foxboro)...hopefully that will change soon though!

Well, that's the thing, Miami still has Wake, and he has yet to show me, he is on the decline, and as Long as Miami has Suh, the Pats have to put bodies in front of him, or risk Brady going on IR from Suh's way of stopping Tom.

I agree with you that it's not easy, but we all know the way to beat the Pats is disrupt Brady, and making Brady uncomfortable back there is how you do it.

I might be the only one in the world to believe this, but I think by the time Miami plays the Pats in week 11 in late November, Charles Harris (our 1st round pick) will be making QBs hear footsteps opposite Wake.

On a side note, I re-watched Thursday's game every play in slow motion. Ndamukong Suh gets double teamed - virtually all the time. Someone has got to step up in one-on-one

Facing zone running plays (inside zone, duo, etc.) both interior defensive lineman (Tackle and Nose) will always see a double block before one of them disengages and climbs to the 2nd level. But I certainly agree, that we need someone else to step up next to Suh.

I'm hooping we play even more Under scheme. Sons has stated it tons. BUt to play our over 4-3 D you have to have crazy talent at all three levels like Carolina did a few years back. 4-3 Under gives us a more swiss knife like defense that can adapt.

I would really like to see Matt Burke prove that he knows what he is doing. Hard to imagine he got this job because of stellar LB play last season. Rooting for him of course, but concerned.

The wide 9 doesn't dictate what DBs play. But if anything I would think the wide 9 (which should increase pass rush effectiveness) would encourage press coverage

Best way to disrupt a QB is right up the middle. The worst place to be for a pass rusher to be is behind the QB b/c it allows him to step up in the pocket.

Care to take a guess which scenario the wide 9 lends to?

Me too. He solved all our LB problems.

They kinda made me happier when they took the 2nd best LBer in McMillian so not all was lost, he may of been great day one at Mike.

But still, we get our chance to get a elite LB again and pass over it.

I agree that McMillan softened the blow and we got the 2nd best MLB.

Though, for me at least, Harris will always be compared to Willis and McMillan to Foster.

Back
Top Bottom