Top 10 reason to draft Brandon Graham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 reason to draft Brandon Graham

Phin-Phan 66

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
Here are the Top 10 reason why the Miami Dolphins should select Brandon Graham in Round 1.

10. He fills a huge position of need in our 3-4 defense
9. He is a highly productive player
8. He played at a big program for 4 years against top competition
7. He is NFL ready from Day 1
6. He was the FBS tackles for loss leader in 09 and 2nd in 08
5. He was MVP of the senior bowl
4. He has the versatilty to play OLB or DE
3. He has a non stop motor
2. He is a STUD

and the number one reason we should select Brandon Graham in the first round: Steve Ross gave a $100 million endowment to the University of Michigan and the business school is named the Ross School for Business :lol::lol:

ok - so the last one is just an interesting tidbit. This guy has been a productive force and would be a great addition to our team!

:hi5:

Here are the Top 10 reason why the Miami Dolphins should select Brandon Graham in Round 1.

IMO FS and strong side OLB are the two biggest areas of need. He fills one of those so I agree.

Great motor, explosive off the snap (with his hand in the ground), plays with excellent leverage. Very productive in college.

When Lloyd Carr was there Michigan put out a lot of fine NFL players. Graham played for Carr for a couple of years and I think he will be a very good NFL player.

Don't think he'll be ready from day 1. He will be making a transition from DE to OLB which will take some time but I think he'll take to it faster than Matt Roth did. He'll have to learn to recognize screen plays, drop back in coverage and a number of other things that come with playing OLB but he's not much different than most of the guys the Dolphins are looking at to play OLB in the 3-4.

That goes back to his motor. He is relentless, you can see that on tape.

And from what I read he was virtually unblockable in practices. I'm sure the Dolphins coaching staff got a good look at him there.

This will be handy with Nolan as DC. Nolan could employ a hybrid defense with us running mostly 3-4 and mixing in some 4-3 on occasion but like I said most of the guys we're looking at are DE that can transition to OLB.

Yep.

2. He is a STUD

and the number one reason we should select Brandon Graham in the first round: Steve Ross gave a $100 million endowment to the University of Michigan and the business school is named the Ross School for Business :lol::lol:

ok - so the last one is just an interesting tidbit. This guy has been a productive force and would be a great addition to our team!

My only concern is that Parcells and Ireland seem to have a height requirement. It will be up to Nolan to petition for these "shorter" guys and try to convince the FO he can make it work. If they would relax their height issues it would open up a lot more players to the Dolphins.

2. He is a STUD

Arthur Moats is better!!!!!!!! Why?????????????????????

1. He is studlier
2. He has a bigger motor
3. It is ridiculous to suggest Graham as a 3-4 End
4. Moats was the Buch Buchanon award winner
5. Moats had just as many TFL's and sacks and way more tackles
6. Moats is more NFL ready because he played standing up more than Graham.
7. Moats is much faster and quicker than Graham
8. Moats has extremely long arms
9. Moats is known for his IQ and vocal leadership
10. Moats was more productive than Graham his senior year and he did while being double or triple teamed most of the time.

The number 1+tripleAAA super top reason we should draft Moats is that he has the biggest heart in the draft and we can get him in the 4th.
Why blow our 1st on a position we can fill in the 4th.

My only concern is that Parcells and Ireland seem to have a height requirement. It will be up to Nolan to petition for these "shorter" guys and try to convince the FO he can make it work. If they would relax their height issues it would open up a lot more players to the Dolphins.

Hmmmmmm......
“We were there longer than we usually are and the longer you’re there the more evaluation you get, the more players you talk to and the more in depth you get with the players,” he said. “It was very helpful for us, not just for the team that we coached but for the other team as well as we got some good inside track on those players as well. I think it was outstanding and I would do it again.

“I put a lot of weight on how the player plays, I put a lot of weight on that, and the Combine helps me kind of verify what I’m seeing on tape. Sometimes at the bottom of the end of the draft you’re looking at guys that run fast and are big, height, weight, speed guys, and I pay attention to that for sure. But I’m trying to find good football players, not guys that run fast and jump high.”
:ponder:

Hmmmmmm......
:ponder:
I'm guessing Sparano said that? You did notice he mentions height.
Sometimes at the bottom of the end of the draft you’re looking at guys that run fast and are big, height, weight, speed guys, and I pay attention to that for sure.
You do know that he only gets input and it's Ireland and Parcells that make the picks.

Let's not forget that Sparano is the guy that said Marshall is not a fit in Miami so how much say does he really have?

Arthur Moats is better!!!!!!!! Why?????????????????????

1. He is studlier
2. He has a bigger motor
3. It is ridiculous to suggest Graham as a 3-4 End
4. Moats was the Buch Buchanon award winner
5. Moats had just as many TFL's and sacks and way more tackles
6. Moats is more NFL ready because he played standing up more than Graham.
7. Moats is much faster and quicker than Graham
8. Moats has extremely long arms
9. Moats is known for his IQ and vocal leadership
10. Moats was more productive than Graham his senior year and he did while being double or triple teamed most of the time.

The number 1+tripleAAA super top reason we should draft Moats is that he has the biggest heart in the draft and we can get him in the 4th.
Why blow our 1st on a position we can fill in the 4th.

So if Moats is better, why would Graham be ranked as the #1 prospect and Moats as the # 17 at the position? Why is one a projected 4th-5th round pick while the other is projected to go in the first?
Moats is good, but not Brandon Graham good, that's why. :up:

I'm guessing Sparano said that? You did notice he mentions height.

You do know that he only gets input and it's Ireland and Parcells that make the picks.

Let's not forget that Sparano is the guy that said Marshall is not a fit in Miami so how much say does he really have?

That was Ireland although Tony said much the same at NFL owners meetings

See I'm worried that he might go #10 to Jacksonville. They play a real multiple scheme and he'd be perfect there.

See I'm worried that he might go #10 to Jacksonville. They play a real multiple scheme and he'd be perfect there.
Heard Jack Del Rio say they're no longer going to run the 3-4 defense. It's 4-3 all the way now. I think Jacksonville goes with Derrick Morgan, he just seems like the kind of player Del Rio likes.

Back
Top Bottom