Top 10 reason to draft Brandon Graham | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 reason to draft Brandon Graham

My only concern is that Parcells and Ireland seem to have a height requirement. It will be up to Nolan to petition for these "shorter" guys and try to convince the FO he can make it work. If they would relax their height issues it would open up a lot more players to the Dolphins.

I'm aware of their protype size requirements but this guy is just an off the charts football player. Since when is 6'2, 270 lbs undersized?
I would hate to pass on him because his arms are 32" instead of 33".

64 tackles, 42 solo, 26 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and 31 reps on the bench.

In the Senior bowl alone 5 tackles 2 sacks and a forced fumble which earned him MVP honors.

The guy is a beast ...

Heard Jack Del Rio say they're no longer going to run the 3-4 defense. It's 4-3 all the way now. I think Jacksonville goes with Derrick Morgan, he just seems like the kind of player Del Rio likes.

he just seems like the kind of player this regime likes also...

I'm aware of their protype size requirements but this guy is just an off the charts football player. Since when is 6'2, 270 lbs undersized?
I would hate to pass on him because his arms are 32" instead of 33".

64 tackles, 42 solo, 26 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and 31 reps on the bench.

In the Senior bowl alone 5 tackles 2 sacks and a forced fumble which earned him MVP honors.

The guy is a beast ...
I'm not arguing the fact that the kid is a baller. I'm just stating that this FO likes guys who are 6'4" 255+ lbs to play OLB. They like the prototypical height, weight for certain positions.

I'm not arguing the fact that the kid is a baller. I'm just stating that this FO likes guys who are 6'4" 255+ lbs to play OLB. They like the prototypical height, weight for certain positions.

I don't think anyone here knows enough about their standards to accurately say whether Graham is on the board or off it.

Personally I think that if they knock Brandon Graham out for any reason it would be purely because they believe he's a DE and not a LB. I would disagree with that, but I would at least see where they are coming from on it.

My only concern is that Parcells and Ireland seem to have a height requirement. It will be up to Nolan to petition for these "shorter" guys and try to convince the FO he can make it work. If they would relax their height issues it would open up a lot more players to the Dolphins.

Yep, you hit it on the head. Tuna Co. is very strict with LB size requirement.

if jason worilds is on our board there's no reason brandon graham shouldn't be...although i feel more confident that jason worilds is because he...

1. is very fluid in lb drills and drops his hips nicely...very natural
2. was actually brought in for a workout

but i can see where graham may not be viewed as an olb...but that also would apply to derrick morgan imo...except we did work him out in person

so who knows...i still don't think these guys would take a de to convert to olb with a top 12 pick if they haven't seen him workout as a lb...

Interesting, have you soured on Derrick Morgan? How much higher are you on Grahm over Morgan?

I think Spiller would be an interesting pick if he's around, then spend the rest of the draft on defense.

Derrick Morgan is still on the list of guys I enjoy watching and I would love to have him but I do think he is more of a DE than OLB and I wonder if he's got the pure quickness and speed necessary to keep up with Tight Ends and Running Backs. He also has a tendency to end up on the ground, doesn't play with enough balance.

I think that Brandon Graham has everything Morgan may lack in that regard, not to mention experience at the LB position.

You know, we've gotten some out of left field stuff from this staff all off season. None more surprising than the sudden Brandon Marshall trade. Nobody thought they'd re-sign Pennington, until they did. In fact, days before they did, it was written that Pennington has settled on moving on to another team and he would not sign back with Miami. Nobody saw them bringing Ferg back after his suspension. There had been no leaks about their interest in Karlos Dansby until the 11th hour. Jeff Ireland pulled a fast one on people when he talked about how much better Gibril Wilson would be next year, and then he up and released him. Both Ireland and Sparano pulled a fast one on us all when they talked about how Brandon Marshall and those other divas don't fit what we do, and then they up and grabbed him for two 2nd round picks and gave him one of the richest WR contracts in history.

These guys are pretty freakin' clandestine about their intentions, especially this off season. And so, in a way, it would shock me if their target at #12 was one of the players we "know" to have piqued their interest (Earl Thomas, Derrick Morgan). Especially Morgan, since there's an open question about whether he'll fall to Miami's pick.

it's possible that all requirements are out the window now...

cause if you would have asked me if i thought parcells would sign off to trade 2 second round picks and make a wr who's one more screw up away from a full year suspension the highest paid wr in the game i would have said you were nuts...

before yesterday...

CK - that's exactly what I'm hoping for. The perceived lack of interest in a player of Graham's caliber is interesting. I'm hoping they saw all they needed at the senior bowl and on tape.

and i absolutely agree with everything ck said there about derrick morgan...more de than olb to me...lacks the speed and quick acceleration imo as an olb

but i just can't rule him out...

Every time I start to ponder the 1st selection and my mind goes through all the possibilities, I always comeback to Brandon Graham being the most logical choice. Sure, Parcells and Co. could go in another direction such as FS, but if you weigh all the factors, I think Graham is the best choice on the board. I just do not want another team to nab him before us. Hopefully, he will still be there.:up:

Ck, when watching Morgan look at his first initial step/reaction to a play developing. I believe that standing up would actually benefit him.

Back
Top Bottom