Top 10 Underrated Dolphins of All Time | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 Underrated Dolphins of All Time

Gridiron Chica said:
I could not agree more with Oronde being #1 - I still love watching old game tape of him! Before we had Chambers I was missing him.....what about Nate Jacquet and Darryl Gardner? Bryan cox and Parmalee are extremely underrated as well, I agree. Wasn't Parmalee one of our coaches after he retired?

Yes. After retiring from football, Bernie became our running backs coach, and in the coaching merry-go-round of 2004, became our tight ends coach. Last year, Charlie Weis hired him to be the special teams coach at Notre Dame. I think that is awesome. For a guy that was delivering for UPS to work his way through the practice squad, emerge as an NFL starter and then become special teams coach for a major university is a testament to how hard a worker he really is. Kudos Bernie!!

earl morrall
tony nathan
duriel harris
norm bulach
don nottingham
vern den herder
chuck klingbiel
jeff cross
tim foley
benny malone

I had completely forgotten about Tony Paige...

He was the best fullback in the history of the Dolphins. I say that in spite of liking Franklin and Byars.

Lee2000

endorPHINS72 said:
1. Oronde Gadsden - His last days with the Dolphins ended ugly, but the guy could catch anything thrown in his zip code and he was phenomenal at the fade in the endzone. I dare you to name a Dolphin with a better pair of hands.

The Fins really did this guy dirty. He was an AMAZING reciever. I would have LOVED for the Bucs to trade for him since the Fins FO didn't want him.

Manny Fernandez came to mind immediately. This guy should have been the SB MVP the year Jake Scott won it. He almost single handedly stopped Washington's vaunted running game, however, (and this is a true story) the guy who made the decision was coming off of a hard night and literally fell asleep during the game. When he woke up and was asked for his pick (he was the only vote) he saw the two ints by Scott and picked him.

Trekbiz said:
Nice post and I agree wholeheartedly!

Giesler was one of my favorite players growing up.

The guy was also known to play through quite a bit of pain.
I read where his last few years guys actually had to carry him around in the lockerroom because his knees were so bad after some games.

I haven't seen mention of 2 more players I think were very solid and underrated:

Bob Brudzinski and Doug Betters.

Doug Betters was the man!! :D

oh yeah speaking of underrated players, what ever happened to Lorenzo Bromell? I remember a few years ago he broke Peyton Manning's jaw, that was awesome!

pretty good thread but how could you not put Earl Morrell in this thread!!!! Without him we would not have had a perfect season. In my book he has to be one of the most underrated players of all time. Without him we would have been in trouble during that season. :confused:

DBetters83 said:
oh yeah speaking of underrated players, what ever happened to Lorenzo Bromell? I remember a few years ago he broke Peyton Manning's jaw, that was awesome!

he ended up going to minnesota but never really produced like he did with us. I liked the kid. Bromell and Mixon was a good complement to Jason Taylor

NawlinsBucFan said:
The Fins really did this guy dirty. He was an AMAZING reciever. I would have LOVED for the Bucs to trade for him since the Fins FO didn't want him.

It was kind of self-inflicted. He was coming off of an injury and severely over-estimated his value. The Dolphins offerred a contract that was way above market. He declined and tried to shop himself around. Nobody offerred him close to what the Dolphins had. The injury didn't heal quickly enough or properly (or something) and his value dropped to almost nothing. He eventually returned and was a shell of his former self. He still made the occassional great catch, but that last season he also had many drops.

Back
Top Bottom