Top 15 draft order as of 12/18/2011 - two games pending | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 15 draft order as of 12/18/2011 - two games pending

We can trade up with St Louis or Jax. I am also not sure both of them are happy with their QB'S. One might go for Barkley. But if not, we can trade up. I would only do it for Barkley or Luck!

I'm not saying that we shouldn't go all in. It's absolutely the best move to make and it's the right move.

My problem is, this season was, in my opinion, over with the loss to Cleveland. Now we've won five games. Most seasons, five wins is good enough to get you a top five pick. Unfortunately for us, there are A LOT of bad football teams this season. Now, we have to spend a lot to move up. Like you said, there's not a lot of holes on this team. So this is the perfect season for us to have a high draft pick because this is the year we could have gotten the franchise quarterback AND added depth. We can't really add a lot of quality depth now. We need more defensive lineman. That's how you build Super Bowl caliber defenses in this league now. If you can rotate a fresh set of legs in for every play, you can REALLY pin the ears back and get in the face of the QB.

The good thing is that not too many teams ahead of us are going to take a QB in the first round so we should have plenty of trading options. It'd be nice to get another DL prospect in the 3rd or 4th round especially if we lose Langford. The good thing is that Merling is showing some potential so his loss shouldn't be that big.

I dunno. We're 9th currently. We know Indianapolis will take Andrew Luck.

We need Matt Barkley.

Jacksonville, Washington, and Cleveland would all take Barkley if given the opportunity. Possibly Minnesota but I think they've seen enough of Ponder to give him another year. St. Louis is a tough partner to trade with. I think they're eying Blackmon and they're not going to want to deal to a spot behind Tampa because Freeman needs a weapon at receiver as well. Minnesota seems to be our best shot at trading up.

If we can't get Barkley or Luck, I think we should focus on someone like Courtney Upshaw and try to land Weeden or Tannehill in the second. I really doubt Tannehill lasts until the second round, though.

1. 1-13 Indianapolis SOS .541 - QB Need
2. 2-12 Minnesota SOS .565 -
3. 2-12 St. Louis SOS .591
4. 4-10 Jacksonville SOS .502
5. 4-10 Cleveland SOS .530 - QB Need
6. 4-10 Tampa Bay SOS .543
7. 5-9 Washington SOS .466 - QB Need
8. 5-9 Carolina SOS .504
9. 5-9 Miami SOS .516
10. 5-9 Buffalo SOS .520
11. 6-8 Philadelphia SOS .498
12. 6-8 Kansas City SOS .511
13. 6-7 San Diego SOS .520
14. 7-7 Arizona SOS .468
15. 7-7 Tennessee SOS .468

Looks good to me so far....only 3 teams before us need a QB, therefore, Luck, Barkley and RGIII will be gone. Either we move up to take RGIII (or Barkley - no way Colts give up on Luck), go for Peyton Manning, or take the fourth best/rated QB.

So who is that QB?

Your logic is solid but teams like Jacksonville and Minnesota might conclude that their 2011 QBs are not as good as projected and double down in the draft with the opportunity to draft a better QB prospect like Barkley or RGIII. Probably unlikely, but with limited opportunities to draft a franchise QB, they may let Gabbert and or Ponder go if they think that they made a mistake.

I'm just going to laugh when RGIII falls into our lap. Everyone freaking out about Washington and Cleveland.

Shanny wont be drafting RGIII, doesnt fit his system and Cleveland will keep rolling with McCoy.

I think mccoy is done in Cleveland for sure, jaxs the only other team I think might give up on rookie gabbert that will shake up the draft......trade up with Voluntary becuz getting a C they prolly can drop down and still snatch him, unless they go Blackmon which I think they might. I give either those teams Marshall and our 1st and 3rd round pick to move up or next years 2nd....then go all out for a WR in free agency or trade for a disgruntledone and maybe draft a WR in 2nd round. (I love Marshall but QB triumphs WR sorry)

The Browns are the team that can prolly trade up for anyone but Luck becuz they have a ton of picks. Soooo Barkley will be hard to get. RG3 then will be in high demand. Or if they both decide to go back to school then I hope we take the best playa available that is a playmaker.

Yeah! Lets trade our #1 WR for a rookie QB that might not make it.

And these are the same people complaining a few years ago that we need a big time WR.

Some of you guys just roll with the tide, ridiculous.

How about we keep Marshall, sign another big time WR like DeSean Jackson and trade some picks to move up in the draft or just take the BPA.

We can trade up with St Louis or Jax. I am also not sure both of them are happy with their QB'S. One might go for Barkley. But if not, we can trade up. I would only do it for Barkley or Luck!

If St Louis falls in love with Barkley, then offer our 1st for Bradford. It wouldn't hurt for our FO to put out some feelers for Bradford.

The Browns won't win another game as they have Baltimore and Pittsburgh remaining. Jacksonville has Tennessee and Indy so it's barely possible that Jacksonville could win out (the Dolphins will lose the SOS tiebreaker if Jacksonville ends up with only 5 wins). Washington, however, plays Minnesota next week so they will likely have 6 wins. Of course the Dolphins will be highly motivated to knock the Jets out of the playoffs, so the Dolphins still have a chance of going 6-10 themselves.

No I really wanna keep Marshall but i rather have a franchise QB, if we can trade up with giving more picks I'm down. Jackson would be nice as a add on but don't know if Miami wants his drama but i can see Ross liking the big name....(hey I'm just talking football, I don't try to be offensive either so please let's just debate, don't take personal thanks)

I don't mind BPA either, but I'm not sold on Moore for one reason, I wanna see him do it when it matters and this year I don't think we can see that. Thanksgiving I think he was up and down becuz of nerves I feel But then he got hott but then died alittle at the end. That's why I like a new young prospect behind him

I dunno. We're 9th currently. We know Indianapolis will take Andrew Luck.

We need Matt Barkley.

Jacksonville, Washington, and Cleveland would all take Barkley if given the opportunity. Possibly Minnesota but I think they've seen enough of Ponder to give him another year. St. Louis is a tough partner to trade with. I think they're eying Blackmon and they're not going to want to deal to a spot behind Tampa because Freeman needs a weapon at receiver as well. Minnesota seems to be our best shot at trading up.

If Manning is healthy I don't see the Colts taking Luck for anything other than trade bait.

If St Louis falls in love with Barkley, then offer our 1st for Bradford. It wouldn't hurt for our FO to put out some feelers for Bradford.

Do you think the Dolphins are going to offer their 1st and agree to pay Bradfords $80 mil contract?! That's just crazy talk. There is NO WAY the Rams get rid of Bradford. With the new rookie wage scale Luck, Barkley, RGIII, etc etc will be had for a 1/4 of that money. The Rams are stuck with Bradford.

I think mccoy is done in Cleveland for sure, jaxs the only other team I think might give up on rookie gabbert that will shake up the draft......trade up with Voluntary becuz getting a C they prolly can drop down and still snatch him, unless they go Blackmon which I think they might. I give either those teams Marshall and our 1st and 3rd round pick to move up or next years 2nd....then go all out for a WR in free agency or trade for a disgruntledone and maybe draft a WR in 2nd round. (I love Marshall but QB triumphs WR sorry)

I wouldn't say McCoy's done "for sure", but it wouldn't surprise me to see them attempt to trade him.

Back
Top Bottom