Top 15 draft order as of 12/18/2011 - two games pending | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 15 draft order as of 12/18/2011 - two games pending

Does anyone remember what the jets gave Cleveland when they traded up for dirty?

In exchange for the fifth pick, the Jets gave up the 17th pick, their second-round selection and three players: defensive end Kenyon Coleman, safety Abram Elam and quarterback Brett Ratliff.
Quite a bit but they were moving up from 17th.

Quite a bit but they were moving up from 17th.

Actually they didn't give up very much at all. Mangini was the coach there so he let them move up for a discout. They traded the 17th and 52nd pick plus QB Brett Ratliff, DE Kenyon Coleman, and S Abraham Elam.

Actually they didn't give up very much at all. Mangini was the coach there so he let them move up for a discout. They traded the 17th and 52nd pick plus QB Brett Ratliff, DE Kenyon Coleman, and S Abraham Elam.

yeah that was peanuts...but the jets also picked up a top 5 pick qb contract in the old cba...which meant big money...the new cba will make the price of moving up even higher given the limited financial risk for that high a pick...teams are gonna ask for a bounty to move out

yeah that was peanuts...but the jets also picked up a top 5 pick qb contract in the old cba...which meant big money...the new cba will make the price of moving up even higher given the limited financial risk for that high a pick...teams are gonna ask for a bounty to move out

I think it depends on how far we want to trade up. If we're trading from 7 to 4 I don't think it'll cost too much. A lot of teams in front of us aren't going to be drafting QB's so they might be willing to drop a couple of spots for a couple extra draft picks. It's all going to matter on how the draft order ends up.

I think it depends on how far we want to trade up. If we're trading from 7 to 4 I don't think it'll cost too much. A lot of teams in front of us aren't going to be drafting QB's so they might be willing to drop a couple of spots for a couple extra draft picks. It's all going to matter on how the draft order ends up.

you want to assure yourself matt barkley...you better trade up to #2 and not try and get cute...cause if you leave yourself space to be trumped you are playing with fire...not a chance i'd take

to move from #7 which is where i think its very likely we end up to #2 say with minnesota should it shake out that way you probably could get it done for your first this and next year...you aren't sniffing the top pick with andrew luck the carrot for that though...i will guarantee you that...and you better hope minnesota doesn't love a claiborne or a blackmon so much they don't want to play ball...

given our situation i'm not sitting at #7 and hoping a barkley comes to me...i'm makin calls to get to where i need to...or at least i'm going all in an attempt to get up there...i don't give a **** if barkley doesn't have the bazooka arm or ideal measurables you look for in the top 5...

you want to assure yourself matt barkley...you better trade up to #2 and not try and get cute...cause if you leave yourself space to be trumped you are playing with fire...not a chance i'd take

to move from #7 which is where i think its very likely we end up to #2 say with minnesota should it shake out that way you probably could get it done for your first this and next year...you aren't sniffing the top pick with andrew luck the carrot for that though...i will guarantee you that...and you better hope minnesota doesn't love a claiborne or a blackmon so much they don't want to play ball...

given our situation i'm not sitting at #7 and hoping a barkley comes to me...i'm makin calls to get to where i need to...or at least i'm going all in an attempt to get up there...i don't give a **** if barkley doesn't have the bazooka arm or ideal measurables you look for in the top 5...

I agree with you. I want to trade up and draft Barkley. We just have no idea what the cost is going to be until the draft order is finalized and see what some teams do in free agency. Who knows maybe CLE and WAS decide they want to go the veteran route.

I agree with you. I want to trade up and draft Barkley. We just have no idea what the cost is going to be until the draft order is finalized and see what some teams do in free agency. Who knows maybe CLE and WAS decide they want to go the veteran route.

yeah i guess thats true...

Doesn't that mean the 3rd pick is where M.Barkley is available so it changes nothing, except maybe a little less compensation. Unless you think St.Louis will take a QB then your no worse off. Draft day is going to be real interesting this year!

Matt Flynn is a free agent next year and he's been in the WCO for 3 years now I think. He would be a fit for either team if they wanted to go that route.

Doesn't that mean the 3rd pick is where M.Barkley is available so it changes nothing, except maybe a little less compensation. Unless you think St.Louis will take a QB then your no worse off. Draft day is going to be real interesting this year!

the only way i see st louis maybe trading out is if they get the top pick and even if they do i'd bet money they only want to go so far as to guarantee themselves blackmon or claiborne...

Colts beating the Texans helps us more than you know. Keeps us ahead of Buffalo. Need to root for Cincy and Tennessee to win to ensure we stay ahead of Buffalo in the draft.

Colts beating the Texans helps us more than you know. Keeps us ahead of Buffalo. Need to root for Cincy and Tennessee to win to ensure we stay ahead of Buffalo in the draft.

who do cincy and tennessee play???

Back
Top Bottom