Top 15 draft order as of 12/18/2011 - two games pending | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 15 draft order as of 12/18/2011 - two games pending

Great post! I'd also like to add that IMO RGIII is smarter than Luck. In fact, I think he's the better athlete too. He's not, at this time, the better QB, but I see no reason whatsoever why he couldn't one day be equal or better than Luck. Good coaching and exerience would be the two things RGIII needs to get there. Again, IMO.

I also see no reason whatsoever why we should assume that he will one day be equal or better than Luck.

absolutely...but there's a clear difference physical tools wise in newtons favor...head to head...ones got a body that can handle contact at the position at the nfl level the other doesn't despite both being duel threats...among other things

people are just looking for the next cam newton and rg3 isn't that level...he's not a once a every 10 years or so physical freak who can redefine the game with his legs and his arm...newton was

Preaching to the choir. Size/playing style/vision has been the biggest issue for me with Griffin since the start...aside from the rocky mechanics.

After 13 games you're proclaiming Newton a "redefiner of the game"? You realize that A LOT of QB's have a few years where they look great only to eventually fade away, right? I'm not saying that Newton will be one of those QB's, but making him some sort of legend after only 13 games is asinine. He's completing less than 60% of his passes, has one more passing TD than he does INT's and a QBR of 82. Fora rookie on that Panthers team he's playing great. Assuming that he's going to the HoF before his first season is over is crazy. Defenses will figure him out and if he can't adapt or change he will fade away.

Defenses will start to get a grip on how to defend him better but I don't think they will ever really "figure him out". There's just too many natural tools there to figure out. As a runner, he can hit you with speed, elusiveness, or power. As a thrower, he can hit any throw on any part of the field. It's too much.

I'm not buying this downplaying of the rookie year he's having. The guy has 30 freaking touchdowns in his rookie year. And you know what? He's not going to get credit for that Annexation of Puerto Rico touchdown this Sunday, but the execution of that play was really all on him, and you can't do that with just any quarterback. His experiences at Auburn, the control he has on the football with his big hands, his body control and agility, coordination, athletic concentration, all made that play happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that the Colts have secured the #1 overall pick provided that they don't win their last two games. Indy plays Houston and Jacksonville which have 14 combined wins; the Vikings play Washington and Chicago which have 12 combined wins. But the assumption is that the Vikings lose out, meaning that Washington and Chicago will have at least 14 combined wins. The Rams play Pittsburgh and San Francisco so their SOS will only strengten.

An interesting side note is that the 1986 Colts started 0-13 and won their last 3. They missed out on the Suck For Testaverde sweepstakes to the 2-14 Bucs. I think they drafted Cornelius Bennett instead.

The Colts could win these final two games. When a team finally gets a win after losing so much, they often win in spurts. Miami did. Kansas City did. When the Rams finally got a win, the piled on a second win two weeks later, and haven't won since.

This is the perfect opportunity for the Colts to stack a win on top of a win. They face the Texans on Thursday night, only two nights from now. This is an extreme short week and the Texans have to travel for the game. The Texans were on a 7 game win streak, clinched the division title, and then let up off the gas against the Panthers. It's going to be hard to come back and play hard traveling on a short week coming off that loss and knowing you've got the division title in the bag. They'll be playing hard for the bye week still, but they have zero time to correct whatever problems they had that resulted in the Panthers loss. The Colts on the other hand are still riding the high from their first win and have way more confidence than they did previously, especially in Dan Orlovsky, who is playing well for them.

And the bottom line is, you're going up against a rookie, and his name is not Cam Newton. Rookies can be baited into bad decisions. I love Yates, but he had two of those bad decisions the other day. He could make more. Or worse, he could use those bad mistakes as an excuse to go into a conservative shell a little bit and not push the ball up the field as much. Wade Phillips is still recovering from surgery and that defense got demolished by the Panthers without Phillips guiding them.

And let me tell you if the Colts beat the Texans this Thursday, they're not losing to the Jaguars in Week 17. Peyton Manning will make sure of that. And I bet half those Jaguars players wouldn't exactly mind screwing their division rivals out of Luck, either.

1. 1-13 Indianapolis SOS .541 - QB Need
2. 2-12 Minnesota SOS .565 -
3. 2-12 St. Louis SOS .591
4. 4-10 Jacksonville SOS .502
5. 4-10 Cleveland SOS .530 - QB Need
6. 4-10 Tampa Bay SOS .543
7. 5-9 Washington SOS .466 - QB Need
8. 5-9 Carolina SOS .504
9. 5-9 Miami SOS .516
10. 5-9 Buffalo SOS .520
11. 6-8 Philadelphia SOS .498
12. 6-8 Kansas City SOS .511
13. 6-7 San Diego SOS .520
14. 7-7 Arizona SOS .468
15. 7-7 Tennessee SOS .468

Looks good to me so far....only 3 teams before us need a QB, therefore, Luck, Barkley and RGIII will be gone. Either we move up to take RGIII (or Barkley - no way Colts give up on Luck), go for Peyton Manning, or take the fourth best/rated QB.

So who is that QB?

I'm not too worried about the Browns, I think Holmgren will stick with Colt & surround him with weapons but we need to get back ahead of the Redskins.

I also see no reason whatsoever why we should assume that he will one day be equal or better than Luck.

That wasn't an assumption. An assumption is based off of faith or factless thought. I'm not assuming that he will be Luck's equal. I'm making a statement that he could be. Big difference.

brains-- check
athletic--- check
accurate--- check
arm--- check
personality--- check
character--- check

Again, the only thing he doesn't have that Luck has is the experience or games played...yet. Thus he's still pretty raw. However, when you factor in all the things I wrote above I see no reason as to why he couldn't be as good as Luck. Again, I'm not assuming that he will be.

i said when newton was a prospect that he has the kind of duel threat abilities with his legs and his arm that could redefine the game...and so far i'd say that takes been pretty damn money...this isn't me coming on here and talkin jibberish like you after i got to see the kid for 13 weeks this was my take when he was a prospect...

and you guys with the ints...look up peyton mannings rookie int #'s...cam newton has over 30 tds that he's accounted for himself this season...as a rookie with no damn offseason and minicamps to get ready and a defense that blows worse than your takes...this kids legit

So far? Hell, one time I made a hole in one...I haven't since. Again, I too see greatness in Cam, but do I think he's redefined anything? Nope. He's done nothing compared to Tarkenton, Young, Cunningham, McNabb, Rogers, or any of the other scrambling QB's that have ever played. You sound like a Bills fan after the first 5 games of this season. :chuckle:

That wasn't an assumption. An assumption is based off of faith or factless thought. I'm not assuming that he will be Luck's equal. I'm making a statement that he could be. Big difference.

brains-- check
athletic--- check
accurate--- check
arm--- check
personality--- check
character--- check

Again, the only thing he doesn't have that Luck has is the experience or games played...yet. Thus he's still pretty raw. However, when you factor in all the things I wrote above I see no reason as to why he couldn't be as good as Luck. Again, I'm not assuming that he will be.

If that's the only thing you think he has that Luck doesn't have, then we're just going to disagree. You have every right to your opinion. You also have every right to be wrong.

Defenses will start to get a grip on how to defend him better but I don't think they will ever really "figure him out". There's just too many natural tools there to figure out. As a runner, he can hit you with speed, elusiveness, or power. As a thrower, he can hit any throw on any part of the field. It's too much.

I'm not buying this downplaying of the rookie year he's having. The guy has 30 freaking touchdowns in his rookie year. And you know what? He's not going to get credit for that Annexation of Puerto Rico touchdown this Sunday, but the execution of that play was really all on him, and you can't do that with just any quarterback. His experiences at Auburn, the control he has on the football with his big hands, his body control and agility, coordination, athletic concentration, all made that play happen.

Downplaying? Are you reading my posts? I ask because you at first said I was making assumptions, when I clearly was not, and now you're saying that I downplayed Cam's season? No. I called his play thus far "great". Is there a better adjective you'd rather have me used?

My point is that I will withhold any "Cam has redefined the game" talk until he's "redefined" something and done so for more than 13 games.

If that's the only thing you think he has that Luck doesn't have, then we're just going to disagree. You have every right to your opinion. You also have every right to be wrong.

Let me guess...you don't have that same right? Although, I love the way you too provide so much reasoning for your opinion. Wait...you realize you're just giving an opinion too, right?

imagesqtbnANd9GcQCYDbJ5d9mfiefIOjCVNnH1n-1.jpg

I don't see RGIII passing Luck especially if Indy holds onto the number 1 pick. After years of having the classic drop back passer in Manning, I think they'll lean that way after all the success it has brought them.

I do think RGIII has the chance to pass Barkley though. With the success Newton/Vick/Tebow have had these last 2 years, I think teams might shift their way of thinking and target duel threat QB's. RGIII should also look better in combine/individual workout showings than Barkley with his speed and arm strength.

I think Miami will still have to trade up to guarantee Barkley, but it shouldn't cost too much more than what JAC gave up for Gabbert last year. We are still sitting in a good position imo.

brains-- check
athletic--- check
accurate--- check
arm--- check
personality--- check
character--- check

RG3 started as a true freshman at Baylor. He's started 2 more games than Luck has.... 39 to 37.

Back
Top Bottom