Top 5 Teams in 2005.......? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Teams in 2005.......?

MDolphins2004

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
1) :fire: New England ~ Coaching is where it all starts and the players finish it on the field. Adding Corey Dillion to that offense will only make them even harder to stop in the late in the 4th. The Defense does not focus on one player on the offense. They focus on stopping the Entire Offense. Just be glad that they did not get a Top 5 WR in this years Draft!!!

2) Colts ~ They have the Offense that can lay down 40+ points on the road. The Defense will be improved after another offseason tweaking by Tony. This might be the last season for the Trio of Payton, Harrison & James. Payton's monster deal pretty much sealed the fate of either Harrison or James when it comes to resigning for a good size contract. But if the Defense steps up and the Offense keeps click watch out the Colts could runaway with it all.

3) Philly ~ The Defense is still going to make big plays. McNabb & Owens will be putting up great numbers if they both stay healthy. They could make a run a it all and pull it off. The offense and defense are going to be in the TOP 10. The Freak will be FreakN in Philly on Sundays and that will help out a Defense that lost both starting corners.
4) Miami ~ The have the TALENT and are now the Paper Champions of the NFL. Much in the same way as the Bucs before they won it all. The Defense has more TALENT than ANY other DEFENSE that I can remember. They still need a QB (Jay, AJ, Sage) to step it up and play. But that will be hard to do even with C.C. & Boston. The Dolphins play not to lose the game on the offense and win it with the Defense. This makes it hard for any Offense to click for weeks at a time. Just hope that the Dolphins sign C.C. to a long contract before next season. Otherwise if he does have a GREAT YEAR they will pay HUGE $$$ to keep him. That would mean that someone is going to get the AXE.........If the Dolphins do not WIN IT ALL then it is due to COACHING. If NE & MIAMI traded players good luck winning vs. NE......With Great Coaching & Great Talent........SB BOUND EVERY SEASON BARRING INJURIES......But they again NE had more than most teams last season and still won it all.... :cry:

5) Falcons ~ Yeah if VICK is healthy for the entire season that Team is going to be hard to beat. The Defense is getting better and Hall will help out the D and ST. The passing game will be better now that they have more Depth at the WR position. Vick can change a Game on one play. He has all the moves to get the job done. That alone will help out an improving defense.

Teams that could make a late push for the playoffs...... :eek:
1) Lions ~ The Offense has a very good chance of being lethal to defenses.
2) Cards ~ Having 3 Good WR's in a passing system will be natsy to watch.
3) Bengals ~ Marvin should have made things right with Dillion. But they still will be in the running for taking up a Playoff Spot by winning a WEAK division.

Bust Teams of 05............... :roflmao:
1) Redskins ~ Gibbs will be wondering if he should have came back.
2) Seahawks ~ This might be the last season for Holgram if this happens.
3) Giants ~ They scouted him for 2 years and got their man. The problem is the Team is still at least 3 years away from making a run at the title.
4) Bears ~ Da Bears once again will struggle to produce a .500 team.
5) 49'ers ~ Will need a major face lift to get them even close to making a run a .400....lol

Im predicting Philly will go back to the nfc championship and they will actually win. lol. I think they have what it takes, T.O. and Donavin are gonna be unstoppable (if T.O wants to play).

Im also predicting that Miami will make it to the afc championship but will likely loose to colts/titans or the Broncos.

Hot teams:
AFC:

Titans - i think they'll do fine even without Eddie i have a good feeling about them.
Patriots - Unfortunately for us Phin fans the pats are stacked... Cory Dillion is gonna put up big numbers this year.
Bengals - I think they will win their respected division
Broncos - Champ Bailey is gonna have a big season and im feeling Jake the snake is gonna have a great season

NFC:

Eagles - Like i said, their gonna do great.
Falcons - Vick is gonna be superb... straight to the playoffs atlanta goes.
Packers - Farve is gonna have one more great season before he retires and this season without a broken thumb.

Others:

I think the Jets are gonna do a lot better this season with chad being healthy all season. The Texans should do better then most will assume. And i think with Kerry Collins the Raiders should be back in the division race this season along side the Broncos. Cowboys will do equally as well as last season. And im gonna throw out a wild one but I really wouldnt be surprised if Arizon put up a fight against seatle and the Rams.

Just some thoughts....

AFC:
the pats (unfortunetly)
the fins
the raiders
the broncos
the chiefs

NFC:
Philly
Minnesota
Atlanta (gotta love vick, i actually played against him in high school!!!)
Seattle (hasnt gotten alot of respect from the site, but they are a quality team with a lot of talent)
Dallas

I'm predicting the dolphins to make it deep into the playoffs but will probably lose due to injuries or something

AFC:

Pats- Should be nasty again, Dillon only helps them

Fins- No excuses for us this season

Colts- Well, the trio is broken up after this season anyways

Bengals- Don't know if Palmer is ready, but that division is wack, add the fact that J.Lewis might not play this year for the Ravens

Broncos- Lynch and Bailey add some talent to a defense that just gave up another score to Manning, LOL

Jags- Laugh now, Leftwich to Reggie Williams will be the most dangerous combo in football one day.

Chiefs- Defense sucks, but fantasy owners love the O

Lookout: Texans- Will Carr take the next step?

NFC:

Seahawks- I see a huge year for these guys

Eagles- Yeah, they added Kearse and TO, but they have lost Trotter, Douglas, Emmons, Vincent, and Taylor over the past 3 seasons. Let's not forget that

Falcons- If Vick stays healthy, and the defense comes around... mighty, mighty tough

Rams- Bulger is the man, and getting Jackson in the draft was huge

Vikings- Odeze is a monster, will help them bigtime

Lookout: Lions- Adding Brock Marion to an already aggressive defense, Roy Williams and Charlie Rogers on offense, not to mention Kevin Jones.... Harrington better "mann up" or its time to look elsewhere

Add the Panthers from the NFC, and subtract the Chiefs from the AFC... my last post was layed out horribly, sorry people, it has been a while

IMO The Falcons and Lions will not be as good as people predict they will be...Simply because of their defense..Last time i checked Vick and those stud WR in Detroit weren't playing cornerback or linebacker...
Also I think Carolina and Dallas should get more respect...2 young teams with the necessary ingredients: coaching, defense and a running game...

I must say that I agree that Atlanta is not that good. Most importantly their defense sucks and(I know most would disagree)but Vick hasnt really proven all that much. I cant stand running qbs, so Vick will never be a favorite of mine but even still c'mon for any qb I would need at least another year of good performance to give him credit. He was broken most of last year. On the other hand Detroit is going to be real tough if Harrington comes together. The offensive cast is real solid with Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Tai Streets, Stephen Alexander and Kevin Jones and their defense is pretty good also. The Secondary is solid this year(Fernando Bryant, Dre Bly, Brock Marion) missing only one good player. The Lb core with Teddy Lehman, Boss Baily, Earl Holmes and Wally Rainer has potential to be great. Finally Robert Porcher, Dan Wilkinson and Shaun Rogers make for a pretty damn solid Dline. So obviously the team is there for them and Mooch is a damn good coach even though some hate to admit it.

Pink_Dove said:
IMO The Falcons and Lions will not be as good as people predict they will be...Simply because of their defense..Last time i checked Vick and those stud WR in Detroit weren't playing cornerback or linebacker...
Also I think Carolina and Dallas should get more respect...2 young teams with the necessary ingredients: coaching, defense and a running game...

dallas has a running game?

The AFC is just dominating the NFC of late...the teams are just so good its a tough competition. This year it will be worse...

1. Pats - Theyre even better this year...

2. Colts - One of the best offenses in the NFL...

3. KC - they went 10-0 last year...that says enough...

4. Titans - Also have one of the best offenses in the NFL..and their D is great

5. Phins - With the upgrade at WR and our D still intact we are still up top

6. Broncos - They were damn good last year..they have really upgraded their D, they always had a very good run D but now a very good pass D...

7. Ravens - Still have a great D

I dont care about the NFC....reguardless what team goes to the SB they will lose :)

MDolphins2004 said:
2) Colts ~ The Defense will be improved after another offseason tweaking by Tony.

I don't see this happening. They were 20th in pts allowed last year and they've added NO ONE to the defense. They lost Walt Harris and Marcus Washington and replaced them with Joseph Jefferson(who?) and Gary Brackett(who?). They are both 2nd year players. It looks like they will have to outscore most teams in 2004 to go 12-4 again.

Top 5 teams of 2004-5:

1. Washington Redskins
2. New England Patriots
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. Indianapolis Colts

MDolphins2004 said:
4) Miami ~ The have the TALENT and are now the Paper Champions of the NFL. Much in the same way as the Bucs before they won it all. The Defense has more TALENT than ANY other DEFENSE that I can remember. They still need a QB (Jay, AJ, Sage) to step it up and play. But that will be hard to do even with C.C. & Boston. The Dolphins play not to lose the game on the offense and win it with the Defense. This makes it hard for any Offense to click for weeks at a time. Just hope that the Dolphins sign C.C. to a long contract before next season. Otherwise if he does have a GREAT YEAR they will pay HUGE $$$ to keep him. That would mean that someone is going to get the AXE.........If the Dolphins do not WIN IT ALL then it is due to COACHING. If NE & MIAMI traded players good luck winning vs. NE......With Great Coaching & Great Talent........SB BOUND EVERY SEASON BARRING INJURIES......But they again NE had more than most teams last season and still won it all.... :cry:
Can you say HOMER???? :roflmao:

New England
Indianapolis
Philadelphia
Seahwaks
Green Bay

Back
Top Bottom