Top 5 Teams in 2005.......? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Teams in 2005.......?

Until I see 1) Our QB, whoever it may be, utilize the tools provided and 2) see our starting O-line pass block against teams in preseason, I'm not ready to anoint them top anything. Defense only takes us so far, we have to be able to pass the ball efficiently too.

Well i do like to see every one giving Miami a lot of faith this year. They should be good and have a chance just like every year. I do worry how these new defensive rules will affect Miami. That being said in the AFC I would go with 1. New England 2. Denver 3. Baltimore 4. Indy 5. Miami 6. Oakland
We def can come out of the AFC this year. Oh and Buffalo should win about 4 games.

In the NFC the Eagles should be real strong and get home field only to lose to Seattle in the championship game.

So I'll take Miami over Seattle in my possibly biased opinion.

Pink_Dove said:
IMO The Falcons and Lions will not be as good as people predict they will be...Simply because of their defense..Last time i checked Vick and those stud WR in Detroit weren't playing cornerback or linebacker...
Also I think Carolina and Dallas should get more respect...2 young teams with the necessary ingredients: coaching, defense and a running game...

I agree the Lions weakness will be their defense but if you think they haven't improved it then you haven't been paying attention. :)

SmokeyPhinz said:
How do u get this?
ohh..i dont know..they signed a top 3-5 RB this offseason, they signed a great veteran qb, and they have one of the best coaches to ever coach the game. Oh yeah, AND THEY HAVE SEAN TAYLOR. Skins now have the coaching to go with the talent. NFC is up for grabs, no one team stands out like the AFC(Pats), so why not Washington?

Top 5 teams of 2005 (Before T.Camp and Preseason) in SMokey's opinion

1. New England Patriots-Until they get dethroned, they's number 1.
2. Carolina Panthers-Until they are overtaken in NFC, they's number 2.
3. Philadelphia Eagles-Sure they lost 2 starting corners, but TO and Kearse improve both sides of the ball pending health.
4. Indianapolis Colts-Offensive Juggernaut, needs a little more from defense to become ultimate.
5. Kansas City Chiefs-See above (Colts)

Contenders:

Miami Dolphins: Ain't no time like the present, needs to have better QB play, DBoston will improve O immensely
Green Bay Packers: Favre will always have them contend
Seattle Seahawks: Young team, talented, needs little more experience
Denver Broncos: Can they survive w/o Portis? Champ says so
Dallas Cowboys: Surprise last year, fluke? We'll see
Tennessee Titans: Eddie George-less? Not yet. No Kearse or Justin McC. That might hurt

Improved:
Washington Redskins: Portis will help big-time, everyone is riding Gibbs's balls, we'll see.
Detroit Lions: Excellent draft, but Joey H needs to get better real quick
Oakland Raiders: New Head Coach, added younger talent, RB position improved
Cincinnati Bengals: Fluke last year? They're out to impress you, will they?

Jokers:
San Diego Chargers
S.F. 49ers
Houston Texans(might be better then i think)
N.Y. Giants
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers(Duce? No such improvement)
Chicago Bears
N.O. Saints

i wonder what this survey would look like posted on another teams web site like the jets or maybe seattle what teams would they predict? miami? probally not

Ok CirclingWagons yeah the Redskins got all those guys but let's not forget when Dan Snyder spent a bunch of money on so called high profile players a few years back. These acquisitions do not make the Redskins the best team in the league.

Dol-Fan Dupree says:wow, Houston Texans are a joker?

I went to the game we had vs Houston last year and im still :eek: I didnt take them seriously then, and I still don't. They are so-so, 7-9, 8-8 to me. I still consider them jokers

SmokeyPhinz said:
I went to the game we had vs Houston last year and im still :eek: I didnt take them seriously then, and I still don't. They are so-so, 7-9, 8-8 to me. I still consider them jokers

They have a fine defense, all they need is for their offense to get together. I see them maybe a 9-7 to 10-6 next year. I have them above the Steelers and the Browns.

CirclingWagons said:
ohh..i dont know..they signed a top 3-5 RB this offseason, they signed a great veteran qb, and they have one of the best coaches to ever coach the game. Oh yeah, AND THEY HAVE SEAN TAYLOR. Skins now have the coaching to go with the talent. NFC is up for grabs, no one team stands out like the AFC(Pats), so why not Washington?

Sorry! Still don't get it! :shakeno:

SmokeyPhinz said:
Top 5 teams of 2005 (Before T.Camp and Preseason) in SMokey's opinion

1. New England Patriots-Until they get dethroned, they's number 1.
2. Carolina Panthers-Until they are overtaken in NFC, they's number 2.
3. Philadelphia Eagles-Sure they lost 2 starting corners, but TO and Kearse improve both sides of the ball pending health.
4. Indianapolis Colts-Offensive Juggernaut, needs a little more from defense to become ultimate.
5. Kansas City Chiefs-See above (Colts)

Contenders:

Miami Dolphins: Ain't no time like the present, needs to have better QB play, DBoston will improve O immensely
Green Bay Packers: Favre will always have them contend
Seattle Seahawks: Young team, talented, needs little more experience
Denver Broncos: Can they survive w/o Portis? Champ says so
Dallas Cowboys: Surprise last year, fluke? We'll see
Tennessee Titans: Eddie George-less? Not yet. No Kearse or Justin McC. That might hurt

Improved:
Washington Redskins: Portis will help big-time, everyone is riding Gibbs's balls, we'll see.
Detroit Lions: Excellent draft, but Joey H needs to get better real quick
Oakland Raiders: New Head Coach, added younger talent, RB position improved
Cincinnati Bengals: Fluke last year? They're out to impress you, will they?

Jokers:
San Diego Chargers
S.F. 49ers
Houston Texans(might be better then i think)
N.Y. Giants
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers(Duce? No such improvement)
Chicago Bears
N.O. Saints

Nice job.And I feel Texans and Jets :yell: will be much better.

Miami
New England
Washington
Eagles
Giants

Sleepers..Oakland- Norv has a Strong arm QB, Denver amd Carolina

Clumpy said:
Miami is not a top 5 team

Bills are a dark horse
a dark horse goin straight to the glue factory:hump:gigidy gigidy

Back
Top Bottom