Top 5 Teams in 2005.......? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Teams in 2005.......?

Clumpy said:
Miami is not a top 5 team

Bills are a dark horse

I agree, but the Bills are not a dark horse..but they are a 4 legged animal.. :D

Miami is about 9th to me, until I see what the oline can do and what our QB situation pans out to be...right now with Jay I say 9th, if Feeley plays better than Jay then we're number 7 despite OL play.

The Pats will be up there...but...I predict that the injury bug will hit that team hard and they will stumble late in the season (when it matters most). You heard it here first!

Watch out for Philly!
_

The Pats will be up there...but...I predict that the injury bug will hit that team hard and they will stumble late in the season (when it matters most). You heard it here first!

Didn't they have loads of injuries last season as well?

Im predicting Philly will go back to the nfc championship and they will actually win. lol. I think they have what it takes, T.O. and Donavin are gonna be unstoppable (if T.O wants to play).

Im also predicting that Miami will make it to the afc championship but will likely loose to colts/titans or the Broncos.

Hot teams:
AFC:

Titans - i think they'll do fine even without Eddie i have a good feeling about them.
Patriots - Unfortunately for us Phin fans the pats are stacked... Cory Dillion is gonna put up big numbers this year.
Bengals - I think they will win their respected division
Broncos - Champ Bailey is gonna have a big season and im feeling Jake the snake is gonna have a great season

NFC:

Eagles - Like i said, their gonna do great.
Falcons - Vick is gonna be superb... straight to the playoffs atlanta goes.
Packers - Farve is gonna have one more great season before he retires and this season without a broken thumb.

Others:

I think the Jets are gonna do a lot better this season with chad being healthy all season. The Texans should do better then most will assume. And i think with Kerry Collins the Raiders should be back in the division race this season along side the Broncos. Cowboys will do equally as well as last season. And im gonna throw out a wild one but I really wouldnt be surprised if Arizon put up a fight against seatle and the Rams.

Just some thoughts....
I think the titans are a bust this year.

Philly -- is getting way too much love. Not only did they lose their shut down corners (and it does matter, see J.TAYLOR) but they have no depth on D. Kearse may have all the potential in the world but has not shown the ability to stay healthy (See :MIKE VICK). T.O will come to play every week but Defense wins championships

ATL -- Vick will have to adjust his game (See :phil Michelson) if he ever wants to play an entire NFL schedule without being injured or schemed against. (i.e. TB has his number)

TEN -- is in big trouble they have not only lost #27 Eddie George, they have lost Kearse, McCeirins, Wychek and DT Robaire Smith. All of which were leaders on the field. This division belongs to the Jags this year.

KC -- will have a another great reg. season but will be eliminated from the playoffs early.

MY TOP 5:
NE PATS
DEN BRONCOS
IND COLTS
MIN VIKINGS
NO SAINTS

DARKHORSE:
JAX JAGUARS

OVERRATED:
TEN TITANS

Too much talk about Corey Dillion being a stud in NE.

He was SECOND STRING in Cincy!

BigFinFan said:
Too much talk about Corey Dillion being a stud in NE.

He was SECOND STRING in Cincy!

Dillon was awesome in Cincy for years. This year he had some injury problems and when Rudi Johnson stepped in he did a very good job. Dillon is a very good running back and I think the biggest problem with him is his attitude. He seems to care more about his stats then his team winning.

iceblizzard69 said:
Dillon was awesome in Cincy for years. This year he had some injury problems and when Rudi Johnson stepped in he did a very good job. Dillon is a very good running back and I think the biggest problem with him is his attitude. He seems to care more about his stats then his team winning.

After awhile the way Cincy was losing, what else was there to care about. I don't think he thought the team would respond the way it did last year.

Justasportsfan said:
The fins didn't even make the playoffs last year, stll have Wanny, questionable qb's and OL , a first time OC and they are a top 5? :roflmao:

There must be record breaking heatwaves all over the nation because a lot of finfans are wearing their teal and orange glasses.

I mean 10-6..You know how many other teams in the playoffs that were 10-6?

Mebeverine said:
First of all I think the word you are looking for is 'drivel.'

Secondly, I never said he was the 'best', I said the 'most talented.' Big difference.

Go dribble somewhere else.

Well, before I start I suggest you hone your reading skills. I said the Jags will win the AFC South. And when did I say the Texans will be the team to beat? I simply said they aren't a joke. They have some potentially fantastic offensive players. I'm annoyed at them for not picking Wilfork, but they got their anchor in the running game in Robaire Smith. I also said that their defense needs to improve and that they were awful last year...so I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jacksonville go all the way as soon as their pass defense improves a little...They can be far better than anything else in the South this year.

On to the next point.

Fred Taylor, most purely talented RB in the league. Plenty of people in the league will agree with me. When you throw in his injuries he gets set back by it.

Don't believe the media hype.

First up I had no idea Holmes was younger than Fred Taylor. Check your facts buddy.

Portis is a good back, but not one of the best. I saw plenty of him at Miami (as a Canes writer) and have always been very critical of him, especially in comparison to Edge and McGahee. He'll do well in Washington, but his stats will die a death. Speedy with surprising power, but nowhere near the most physically talented.

Green I will accept as a very good running back, but he needs to learn how to hold on to a ball. A pure speed back who is known for shirking contact, and whose fumbles occur nearly always at clutch times or just after taking a big hit. Nowhere near the most rounded physical talent at RB.

Tomlinson I said was up there as well so that's a completely moot point. Another exmaple of your dubious reading skills.

Much as I love him, Ricky has only had one season where he's torn the league up. Granted he's struggled with a poor o-line, but he's been injury prone at times, fumble prone throughout and he was dancing behind the line last year. Powerful and fast, but lacks some of the moves. With a big year this year, and some consistency, there's no reason RW can't be up there.

Holmes: don't fear the Priest, fear his damn O-line. Pure speed back, who wasn't even considered physically talented enough to get drafted.

Taylor: intelligent back with the BEST power/speed/moves combo in the game. I said he was the most purely physically talented back in the league, I never said the most productive or the one guy I would pick for my team. If you asked 20 Running Back scouts which running backs are the most complete they would say Tomlinson, Taylor and Edge James (pre injury.)
Portis: FAST, so quick it doesnt seem natural. but even with his quickness he can take a hit and keep moving. almost like a barry sanders if you ask me. if you dont put him in the top 5 then your crazy. barring injury, he could very well lead the league in rushing.

Green: you focused on his only problem. your forgetting the fact that he bulldozed over almost everyone they played. i didnt see him try and dodge a hit once last year, unless it was a juke to try and gain more yards. hes quick and agile so its expected for him to try and break a DB's ankles to get that long run.

Tomlinson: the best back in the league right now with the worst team in the league right now.

Williams: he is strong, agile, quick, and not afraid to take a hit. he can catch and he can run. with a decent o-line and an OC that knows anything, he would be great.

Holmes: if you think priest holmes is purely speed then your nuts. he is maybe in the 10 ten quickest backs, MAYBE. what he lacks in speed he makes up for in awareness and the ability to take a hit. he does have a great O-line, but he is still in the TOP 3 RB's in the league. and that doesnt even count his ability to make plays when they pass him the ball.

Taylor: i could care less what the scouts say, they also predicted that ryan leaf would be great. they make mistakes. taylor is a GOOD RB, but far from a great one. as said before he is old and injury prone, which inhibits his speed and moves. he used to be unstoppable, USED TO BE......

so in conclusion, whine about reading skills or whatever other excuse you use to fill up space. but the bottom line is the facts are on my side.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
I mean 10-6..You know how many other teams in the playoffs that were 10-6?
I'm disapointed in you Crazy. I usually could always count on you to predict an undefeated season for the fins. :sadwl :nono:

do any of you see shades of walter payton in ahman green, i mean the guys body control is inhuman... have u seen the way he can recover after a tackle attempt, ive seen him with his helmet almost touching the turf and he brought his body back up and took a hit while doing it and ran for another 7-8 yards.

Back
Top Bottom