Top 5 Teams in 2005.......? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Teams in 2005.......?

Ok. I think all of you are overrating philly. They have lost so much on d and the freak jk stays injured. Do not feed me that to crap because to was little help to a sad san fran team and, as we all know, one WR does not make a WR corp. The titans lost some talent as well. The colts have major issues in the d secondary. KC lost a main cog in the oline (ouch!!) and their d is a big question mark as well.
pats, panthers, 1,2 and the rest get thrown in a bag and see who falls out. except the bottom five.

SmokeyPhinz said:
Ok CirclingWagons yeah the Redskins got all those guys but let's not forget when Dan Snyder spent a bunch of money on so called high profile players a few years back. These acquisitions do not make the Redskins the best team in the league.
yes, but they had Spurrier and Norv Turner coaching them...Now they have a REAL coach.

The Redskins will never win anything so long as Dan Snyder is at the helm. Just wait and see. I know everyone thinks Gibbs will come in and win it all. It just isnt gunna happen IMO.

AFC--Colts, Chiefs, Patriots, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, Broncos w/ Sleepers--Jags, Texans
NFC--Eagles, Vikings, Pack, Seahawks, Panthers w/ sleepers Falcons, Redskins

A few thoughts

1.) Wow...how overlooked are the Ravens and Raiders on here? That's crazy. You guys have spent far too long looking at last seasons finishes. Ravens are pretty much the best team in the NFL right now: Boller was beginning to look good just before his injury, and Devard Darling will step in and be a very good WR from game 5 onwards. The Bengals are still a long way from topping Baltimore. With any kind of passing game, you have a team much better than the Patriots. Raiders will have a top 3 defense next year. No-one will be able to run on them.

2.) Redskins will battle the Cowboys for the NFC East and it's going to take a lot for Parcells to stop them. I see Philly going to pieces. Washington and Dallas had no running game at all last year, and you're horribly under-rating how much that sucks. Dallas got the back who will make the biggest impact out of the draft (at least until Cleveland start Adimchinobe Echemandu - just wait.)

3.) Waaay too much respect for Miami.

4.) Waaay too much respect for NE.

5.) Houston Texans a joke? hahahaha...no way. David Carr is ont he verge of being a stud, Andre Johnson is a beast, Dom Davis likewise. If the defens ehold sup this year (they were awful last year and great the year before) then Houston can go to the playoffs.

6.) Where's the love for Jacksonville? They're going to win at least one superbowl very soon. Leftwich is going to be awesome, Fred Taylor is the most talented running back in the league along with Tomlinson, they have a nice recieving corps and a potentially legendary young defense. No way do the Titans win that division: they will be at the bottom of it.

AFC: Dolphins- I expect playoffs this year. No excuses.
Colts-PeytonManning/Marvin Harrison, nuff' said.
Chiefs-High scoring team, I don't know what they did in the draft, but I would think their defense would be slightly better.

NFC: Eagles
Vikings
SeaHawks

Afc- Dolphins,colts,kc,ravens,patriots
Nfc- Redskins,rams,gb,philly,bucs

Mebeverine said:
A few thoughts

1.) Wow...how overlooked are the Ravens and Raiders on here? That's crazy. You guys have spent far too long looking at last seasons finishes. Ravens are pretty much the best team in the NFL right now: Boller was beginning to look good just before his injury, and Devard Darling will step in and be a very good WR from game 5 onwards. The Bengals are still a long way from topping Baltimore. With any kind of passing game, you have a team much better than the Patriots. Raiders will have a top 3 defense next year. No-one will be able to run on them.

boller had flashes of brilliance but i wouldnt put him up there as a good QB yet. still very unproven in my book. wright took that team to the playoffs. they have always had a strong D, but for some reason they lose games. again the raiders will do better than last year (hard not to), but they wont take the division. they have two other POWERHOUSES unfortunetly. gannon is old, collins is old, jerry rice is old, tim brown is old, i could go on. if age catches up with any of them it could be disastrous for the raiders. and while they have improved ont he run, their secondary HAS to stay healthy. last year they had injuries left and right. too many maybes for me...

2.) Redskins will battle the Cowboys for the NFC East and it's going to take a lot for Parcells to stop them. I see Philly going to pieces. Washington and Dallas had no running game at all last year, and you're horribly under-rating how much that sucks. Dallas got the back who will make the biggest impact out of the draft (at least until Cleveland start Adimchinobe Echemandu - just wait.)

brunell is aging and they are putting alot of pressure on smoot and sean taylor to show up. they will be better than last year, but i still think dallas and philly stomp them.

3.) Waaay too much respect for Miami.

4.) Waaay too much respect for NE.

5.) Houston Texans a joke? hahahaha...no way. David Carr is ont he verge of being a stud, Andre Johnson is a beast, Dom Davis likewise. If the defens ehold sup this year (they were awful last year and great the year before) then Houston can go to the playoffs.

6.) Where's the love for Jacksonville? They're going to win at least one superbowl very soon. Leftwich is going to be awesome, Fred Taylor is the most talented running back in the league along with Tomlinson, they have a nice recieving corps and a potentially legendary young defense. No way do the Titans win that division: they will be at the bottom of it.

you have to be kidding me? too much respect for MIA and NE..... but the texans and the jags will be the teams to beat from the AFC?!?!
houston has a garbage defense so even if they do score alot of points they will get blown out regardless.
and the stop the presses, fred taylor is the most talented RB IN THE LEAGUE!?!?!? holmes, green, portis, tomlinson, and RW are all better, younger, and less injury prone. and the jags secondary will still be in the bottom half of the league next year. and thats just if the run stopping aspects of the team repeat last years achievements, if not they could drop even further

Fred Taylor best RB in league? I don't even need to respond to that dribble

First of all I think the word you are looking for is 'drivel.'

Secondly, I never said he was the 'best', I said the 'most talented.' Big difference.

Go dribble somewhere else.

you have to be kidding me? too much respect for MIA and NE..... but the texans and the jags will be the teams to beat from the AFC?!?!

Well, before I start I suggest you hone your reading skills. I said the Jags will win the AFC South. And when did I say the Texans will be the team to beat? I simply said they aren't a joke. They have some potentially fantastic offensive players. I'm annoyed at them for not picking Wilfork, but they got their anchor in the running game in Robaire Smith. I also said that their defense needs to improve and that they were awful last year...so I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jacksonville go all the way as soon as their pass defense improves a little...They can be far better than anything else in the South this year.

On to the next point.

Fred Taylor, most purely talented RB in the league. Plenty of people in the league will agree with me. When you throw in his injuries he gets set back by it.

holmes, green, portis, tomlinson, and RW are all better, younger, and less injury prone

Don't believe the media hype.

First up I had no idea Holmes was younger than Fred Taylor. Check your facts buddy.

Portis is a good back, but not one of the best. I saw plenty of him at Miami (as a Canes writer) and have always been very critical of him, especially in comparison to Edge and McGahee. He'll do well in Washington, but his stats will die a death. Speedy with surprising power, but nowhere near the most physically talented.

Green I will accept as a very good running back, but he needs to learn how to hold on to a ball. A pure speed back who is known for shirking contact, and whose fumbles occur nearly always at clutch times or just after taking a big hit. Nowhere near the most rounded physical talent at RB.

Tomlinson I said was up there as well so that's a completely moot point. Another exmaple of your dubious reading skills.

Much as I love him, Ricky has only had one season where he's torn the league up. Granted he's struggled with a poor o-line, but he's been injury prone at times, fumble prone throughout and he was dancing behind the line last year. Powerful and fast, but lacks some of the moves. With a big year this year, and some consistency, there's no reason RW can't be up there.

Holmes: don't fear the Priest, fear his damn O-line. Pure speed back, who wasn't even considered physically talented enough to get drafted.

Taylor: intelligent back with the BEST power/speed/moves combo in the game. I said he was the most purely physically talented back in the league, I never said the most productive or the one guy I would pick for my team. If you asked 20 Running Back scouts which running backs are the most complete they would say Tomlinson, Taylor and Edge James (pre injury.)

The fins didn't even make the playoffs last year, stll have Wanny, questionable qb's and OL , a first time OC and they are a top 5? :roflmao:

There must be record breaking heatwaves all over the nation because a lot of finfans are wearing their teal and orange glasses.

At this point in the season, before any training camps or even preseason games the only way to rank teams is on what they did last year...

So your 1 would have to be NE, 2 Carolina, etc...

Lets come back to this post and subject in August. Then it could be a little more on and even then will still probably be a bit early. There are ALWAYS teams that fall apart from one year to the next (hello Oakland last year) and then always the surprise teams that NO one predicts (hello Cinci last year). For all we know SD or Chi could come out blazing this year and do real well (personally don't think it will happen, but with a new coach, new system, and a new QB starting I think Chi will surprise a FEW teams this year)

I Don't Know , The Pats Are A Good Team But They Had All The Calls Go Their Way , And The Luck They Had Last Year Was Incredible , Yes I Said It Luck ...missed Field Goal , Goal Line Stupidness And So On.

Back
Top Bottom