Trade for Andrew Luck | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Andrew Luck

I'm not going to blast you, I'm just going to say...

Accept this as fact, because it is fact: Ryan Tannehill, barring a major injury setback, is your 2018 starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. Period.

Like, it, dislike it, love it, or hate it, that's the score. Your head coach is all in with #17. And your head coach just put his balls on the table and showed you he has 100% job security.

A new quarterback will likely be added in the draft, to be developed in the system. This has a few benefits over trading for Andrew Luck: It will cost us less in terms of future talent, it will cost us a lot less under the salary cap, and the player WON'T HAVE A DEGENERATIVE SHOULDER ISSUE.

Some people will think this is the right course of action, some people will not. I'm just telling you what's going to happen. Hell, if it turns out that I'm wrong, ask Wildbill to ban me next fall. But I'm not wrong.
You are correct. Tannehill = Jake Plummer

Luck? the guy whos always hurt? trade for luck so he can stand on the sideline in street clothes next to parker? seems like a solid move...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Most QB's throwing arm's are typically compared to a firearm of some sort, Gun, rifle, shotgun, cannon etc.

Luck has a sling shot.....a broken one at that.

I'll go ahead and say it.........Andrew Luck couldn't touch Ryan Tannehill's talent.

To Luck's credit he does have all the intagibles you look for. Just not the most important tangible.

He's Chad Pennington.

Luck is overrated. Rather have Tannehill

As much as I wanted to get him coming out of college, I'd stay away from him now. Just read where one of his own teammates said they'd be surprised if they ever saw him play another down in the NFL. With his injury history and not wanting to jeopardize his long-term health, coupled with t he fact that he has a degree from Stanford . . . . I tend to agree with him not really HAVING/wanting to play anymore.

I think the right call is to clear the damn qb room save for ryan tannehill and draft pick baker Mayfield

I'm not sure where baker shakes out grade wise as a draft prospect but I do know that while his coverage reads are limited right now and yeah I'm sure he doesn't have the best nfl arm his legs and the ability to make plays different ways as a plan b alternative with some upside is the way I would look to go

cause I seriously doubt with all those teams sniffing qbs at the top of the draft lottery right now and likely to stay there ones gonna fall in miamis lap...

so use a day 2 pick on a Mayfield type..doesn't even have to be the high level pre to post snap read guy Miami can shift into an o that fits a Mayfield skill set if need be with more primary reads...if he fails it's a day 2 pick whatev it happens...

an add like this doesn't threaten tannehill out the gate and provides some potential juice should he be needed...cause right now the only thing we have going at qb for us active playing is letting the air out of the balloon...

kinda kid that might get thrown into action and make good on it and might not...and if tanny gets hurt again and this kid plays and doesn't show so be it 2019 becomes qb top priority

There is serious concern that he may have a career-ending injury. He might not even play again...

It's amazing a few years ago Tanny.... was Hot Garbage... now folks will take him over a healthy *Luck*
That's why I love this Got dam Game!!!

I'll go ahead and say it.........Andrew Luck couldn't touch Ryan Tannehill's talent..

You are understating Luck's arm. He is a very good thrower of the football. Luck is also incredibly gifted and exceptional in other respects. His pocket management is as good as anyone you're going to see, which makes it all the more depressing that Joe Philbin still managed jeopardize his career.

That said, you are correct that Tannehill has more arm talent. Ryan Tannehill was the #8 overall pick because he has very rare arm talent. Elite arm talent. He was drafted highly on that potential. I am still hopeful that he can put the rest of his talent together to match it.

Really though, this thread just reinforces how much I hate useless ass Joe Philbin. He should stick to doing PowerPoints for Mike McCarthy instead of running dogshit protection schemes that get rare quarterback talents sent to the training room.

The floor for any Luck trade is probably two 1sts. Steep price. If the Colts were even willing to part with Luck, even for multiple 1sts, what does that say about how bad his shoulder is long term? Too risky

Back
Top Bottom