Trade for Andrew Luck | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Andrew Luck

The floor for any Luck trade is probably two 1sts. Steep price. If the Colts were even willing to part with Luck, even for multiple 1sts, what does that say about how bad his shoulder is long term? Too risky

The best move the Colts could make with Luck... is to get him an offensive line coach who isn't Joe Philbin.

Luck: 2651 career passes, 1570 completions, 59.2% completion, 19,078 yards, 132 TDs, 68 INTs, 87.3 rating
Tannehill: 2637 career passes, 62.7% completion, 18,455 yards, 106 TDs, 66 INTs, 86.5 rating.

Luck has been just marginally better over their careers. I have hope that Tannehill's injury will not produce any long term effects on his career. I don't hold the same hope for Luck. Luck will likely end this season having played just 22 games in the past three years. There is nothing that would remotely suggest that the Dolphins would view Luck as an improvement over a healthy Tannehill.

You are understating Luck's arm. He is a very good thrower of the football. Luck is also incredibly gifted and exceptional in other respects. His pocket management is as good as anyone you're going to see, which makes it all the more depressing that Joe Philbin still managed jeopardize his career.

That said, you are correct that Tannehill has more arm talent. Ryan Tannehill was the #8 overall pick because he has very rare arm talent. Elite arm talent. He was drafted highly on that potential. I am still hopeful that he can put the rest of his talent together to match it.

Really though, this thread just reinforces how much I hate useless *** Joe Philbin. He should stick to doing PowerPoints for Mike McCarthy instead of running dogshit protection schemes that get rare quarterback talents sent to the training room.
I think that one thing you are overselling is Luck's pocket management -- not so much in the sense of sensing pressure, but in the fact that when he leaves the pocket and scrambles he simply takes way too many hits trying to fight for an extra yard. Guys with Lucks arm shouldn't be trying to turn three yard gains into four yard gains. Ultimately that is what is going to end his career -- if it hasn't already.

Um Tannehill gone for season... 32nd ranked offense. Yeah.....

Hey, as long as we're making unrealistic trades for injured QB's, how about Aaron Rodgers?

As good as he looked in college, Luck would have died by now if Miami drafted him.

His stats/wins/performances are arguably against some of the least adept divisional defenses.

Oh my. Someone should catch up on current events in the nfl. Luck may never throw past 12 yards again with that shoulder.... but let's trade for him.

While I don’t think this trade would be possible, let’s not forget that the same was said about Brees when we decided to go with a QB coming off a major knee injury

I really like Luck, but his shoulder is a mess. The Colts have completely broken him.

But I do hope he can get back to playing, and that he goes to a franchise that actually tries to put a team around him.

It would depend on what they want from him. If Garoppolo cost a second round pick, then I suspect Luck would cost significantly north of that, probably a couple of first round picks and maybe some other picks. Even with an injured shoulder he still holds value because if he gets healthy he is a franchise quarterback, and depending on who you ask, a borderline elite or elite quarterback.

Would I give up that much for him? I’m not sure. I wouldn’t rule it out because a healthy Luck is an upgrade. But are we a quarterback away from contention? Not really, we still need to keep building the defense, o-line, and probably need to fill the hole at running back and tight end. So while adding Luck could be great, it is going to cost a lot and we still having building to do to support any quarterbacks. For me, I’d rather keep the picks and have a strong draft and pursue Kirk Cousins as a free agent, or stick with Tannehill, but I wouldn’t complain if we did trade for Luck in the off season.

Luck can not stay healthy with a much better O-Line. How do you think it will be possible for that to happen here?

No no no, I think he's only finished one season without being injured since becoming a pro.

Wow, at first I thought someone bumped a post from 2015. I can't believe anyone would have this opinion on RT or even Luck at this stage. OP must have been in a coma for the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom