Trading Our 2 Second Round Picks For Detroit's First | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Our 2 Second Round Picks For Detroit's First

my sources say "ooga booga ooga booga"

now i havent quite translated it all yet, but i think it translates, roughly......to

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what type of medication is being taken tonight, been gone most of the day and people are daydreaming at night

This is a little far fetched... I honestly cannot see this happening, it just seems... Unrealistic. Here's what would end up happening.

#2 overall = 2,600 pt

#41 overall = 490 pt
#62 overall = 284 pt

Together that's like.. 774 points... meaning the Lions are losing around 1,800 points, equivalent to the #4 overall or so, meaning Mare is worth the #4 overall.

I'll admit that I'm wrong if this happens, but it sounds insane and I think this is all mere wishful thinking taken to the extreme.

[FONT=Arial said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NFL Draft Value Chart[/FONT][/font]]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] It is now common practice for NFL teams to follow a “draft value chart,†which assigns numeric values to every draft pick from No. 1 to the final pick in the seventh round, No. 262. The idea of the chart is to create a standard for assessing fair value for trades.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Each team creates their own draft value chart based upon their assessment of the draft and strength of the players at each position.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The chart only works with trades involving draft picks traded for picks. When players are involved, it changes everything.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The chart is just a guide. If a team likes a certain player they might be willing to give up more value points worth of picks in order to get their man. Likewise, a team not happy with its position might be willing to accept less in return than the chart might suggest to move down a few spots. Below is an example of a draft value chart. This is not a a chart which is used by any particular NFL team and is only an example of the what might be used by teams in assessing a trade.[/FONT]

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

That Chart contains the same value as you gave us...

Actually I did, never posted, but ask "campeonaso" how many times I told him things that happened before being discussed in the forums, campeonaso is a friend of mine and I see him frequently

I'm calling BS too. My reasons:

1. If you knew all of that inside info.(porter, cameron, etc..), you'd be here in a second spilling it just like you're doing with this. Why start now?? Why spill this one?? Probably boredom and craving some attention.

2. The value doesn't even come close to adding up. This would be twice the
raping the Vikes took from the Cowboys.

3. You're taking some of the regurgitated info from the media and are trying to play connect the dots. Well you really miscalculated on this one. Mueller has said quantity not quality and the dolphins have too many holes to fill to trade away picks.

4. How is it someone in Mexico breaks this before any NFL insider does? Don't you think Schefter or Clayton would have gotten wind of this before someone in another country??? Come on, their job is to sniff this stuff out and break it first. Please.

5. If Miami is trading up, they wouldn't say who it is for. It is still a poker game even with one pick ahead of you. Oakland or another team can still spoil your plans.

Sorry sparky we're not buying it.

I'm calling BS too. My reasons:

1. If you knew all of that inside info.(porter, cameron, etc..), you'd be here in a second spilling it just like you're doing with this. Why start now?? Why spill this one?? Probably boredom and craving some attention.

2. The value doesn't even come close to adding up. This would be twice the
raping the Vikes took from the Cowboys.

3. You're taking some of the regurgitated info from the media and are trying to play connect the dots. Well you really miscalculated on this one. Mueller has said quantity not quality and the dolphins have too many holes to fill to trade away picks.

4. How is it someone in Mexico breaks this before any NFL insider does? Don't you think Schefter or Clayton would have gotten wind of this before someone in another country??? Come on, their job is to sniff this stuff out and break it first. Please.

5. If Miami is trading up, they wouldn't say who it is for. It is still a poker game even with one pick ahead of you. Oakland or another team can still spoil your plans.

Sorry sparky we're not buying it.

1.- Because thats the most impressive thing Ive heard from my source.

2 & 3.- I didn't do the calculation, the Dolphins and Lions did...

4.- I don't mess with Schefter's or Clayton's job, I think they must been very busy for being sniffin "trade talks" of 2 teams that haven't arranged anythin yet...

5.- You can say whatever you want about your "Poker Strategy", but the fact is that I posted what I heard!

Man oh man, this is definitely a wild trade. I think Millen and the Lions would complete jokes to do it. I also think if the Lions ask for a little more and the Phins don't do it they would be jokes as well.

Now I am not gonna sit here and say that you are a liar and call B.S. I think many posters should have learned their lesson after the breaking news thread bout Will Poole.

It is just very hard to believe that the Lions would even consider it. I do think there is some logic behind the idea that the Phins would let them get Green. That makes sense. But still, the value just isn't there. Especially when Denver is giving their 1st 3rd and Al Wilson to move up.

I also don't get how Detroit would rather have 3 2nd's then 1 2nd and 1 1st.

IMO the only way to get the #2 without giving up the #9 would be this. Our 2 2nd's, Mare, give them Green and our 1st next year. I could see that as being realistic.

Man oh man, this is definitely a wild trade. I think Millen and the Lions would complete jokes to do it. I also think if the Lions ask for a little more and the Phins don't do it they would be jokes as well.

Now I am not gonna sit here and say that you are a liar and call B.S. I think many posters should have learned their lesson after the breaking news thread bout Will Poole.

It is just very hard to believe that the Lions would even consider it. I do think there is some logic behind the idea that the Phins would let them get Green. That makes sense. But still, the value just isn't there. Especially when Denver is giving their 1st 3rd and Al Wilson to move up.

I also don't get how Detroit would rather have 3 2nd's then 1 2nd and 1 1st.

IMO the only way to get the #2 without giving up the #9 would be this. Our 2 2nd's, Mare, give them Green and our 1st next year. I could see that as being realistic.

I don't think so, what if we get the 1st overall next year?

No offense to anyone here but this is the biggest load of crap ever. There are so many things wrong with this that I can't believe even an idiot like Millen would do this.

1, the #2 overall pick is worth 2,600 points. Our TWO 2nd-rounders are worth 800........COMBINED. You are telling me that Detroit is willing to lose 1,800 in value points for a washed up old QB (no offense to Green, but in terms of being a full fledged starter he is done, he is better suited for the "one year starter and mentor" role) and a kicker that has been on the decline for like 3 seasons :confused:

2, I find it hard to believe Detroit values Green over Quinn or Russell, or even David Carr, whom they could sign for free without needed to "wheel and deal" with a team.

3, You can't even pull of two 2nd-rounders for the #2 overall pick in MADDEN, which is KNOWN for it's unrealistic trades.

I'll humor this thought for a second though and say, IF this were true, I would hope we go Quinn at #2 and Landry at #9 (or trade down if he isn't there and take Leon Hall or Chris Houston later in round 1, depending on how far down we trade.

This trade is absolutely crazy but probably not so crazy as this scenario:

Miami trades #40 #60 AND 2nd round 2008 plus Mare to Detroit for # 2 overall, so now Miami has # 2 and # 9

Miami trades #2 to Arizona for #5 #38 and a 3rd round 2008 (Arizona wants Joe Thomas and at #5 is not sure to land him)

Miami trades #9 to Green bay for #16 #47 and #78

In the end Miami has #5 #16 #38 #47 #71 and #78 in the first 3 rounds and a 3rd round in 2008

My sources are Matt & Randy :lol: :lol: :lol:

THIS IS A JOKE.............right? NO WAY IN HELL! this dont even makes sense (our 2 second rounders and mare) If Detriot makes this deal, they should be shot and WHY in the hell they would want Mare....who was the worst kicker in the league last year.

As we all know, Detroit was willing to trade down his first round draft pick, and my very trustable source has told me that at first Miami was trying to Flip Flop the first round with Detroit + Miami would have given them our late second, but Detroit found more convincing to have 3 seconds (plus Mare) instead of a first and two second round picks (one of them, a late) and without Mare..., my source told me that Miami is willing to accept that trade offer, but Detroit also asked for Miami to restructure his contract (Mare's) and that there's a big rumor that in order to complete this trade Detroit asked Miami to let them stick with Green, who previously showed his interest to play in Miami...

My source told me that this trade talks have been during some days now and they are still talking about it...

GO PHINS!!!

What a load of absolute rubbish.

So Miami trades 2 second round picks and a kicker - trade value - 6th/7th round - for the 2nd overall pick and the Lions move from 2, to 40 and 60??

I'm genuinely surprised threads like these are allowed.

Utter ****.

And FLMAO at the VIP Officiating HQ of the Dolphins.

That right there - if it even exists - that's going to be at the very coal face when it comes to stacking our draft board and sorting trades.

NOT.

Back
Top Bottom