Trading up | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading up

Mr Speed
all you have done is disagree
Give us some insight on how to address the QB position please. This is the major issue the dolphins need to address.

SpeedRush99 said:
Strongly disagree.

His insights are "braver"??? By saying theres a deal in the works and he's sorry he has to be so "mysterious"???

Yeah okay

okay I agree that his posts do sound slightly "homerish" but the fact remains the same. The only concern the dolphins need to focus on for the upcoming season is gainin a stable situation at the quaterback position, thats it. Plain and simple.

Making a deal for Vince Young would be it...

Our only hope is that he falls down far enough that we get a chance a la Marino, and like the Marino situation that enough ugly rumors fly around about him for us to steal him with a 16th pick...

Im interested in the fact that you mentioned that we wouldnt need a "Big" deal to land Young, can you please elaborate...

Rixon said:
Mr Speed
all you have done is disagree
Give us some insight on how to address the QB position please. This is the major issue the dolphins need to address.

I completely agree, I've been saying for years we needed a real QB. Hard to say how we'll go about dealing with it considering FA and such. If Brees is 100%, I'd welcome him with open arms. However, my dream scenario would be to somehow land Jay Cutler, because I'd rather groom our own franchise QB from day 1.

SpeedRush99 said:
I completely agree, I've been saying for years we needed a real QB. Hard to say how we'll go about dealing with it considering FA and such. If Brees is 100%, I'd welcome him with open arms. However, my dream scenario would be to somehow land Jay Cutler, because I'd rather groom our own franchise QB from day 1.

the saban deal will bring one of those guys in

ronrevog said:
okay I agree that his posts do sound slightly "homerish" but the fact remains the same. The only concern the dolphins need to focus on for the upcoming season is gainin a stable situation at the quaterback position, thats it. Plain and simple.

Making a deal for Vince Young would be it...

Our only hope is that he falls down far enough that we get a chance a la Marino, and like the Marino situation that enough ugly rumors fly around about him for us to steal him with a 16th pick...

Im interested in the fact that you mentioned that we wouldnt need a "Big" deal to land Young, can you please elaborate...

I completely agree with the need for a QB, however I am not a fan of Mr. Young whatsoever. Many think Young will slip in the draft, Boomer and CK the resident Draft gurus both think he could even slid past us to the late teens. I think its very possible, with Cutler's willingness to take part in any and every drill for the scouts this weekend plus his senior bowl showing, I think he has solidified himself as a top 5 pick.

SpeedRush99 said:
I completely agree with the need for a QB, however I am not a fan of Mr. Young whatsoever. Many think Young will slip in the draft, Boomer and CK the resident Draft gurus both think he could even slid past us to the late teens. I think its very possible, with Cutler's willingness to take part in any and every drill for the scouts this weekend plus his senior bowl showing, I think he has solidified himself as a top 5 pick.

What is the upside to Cutler?

I've seen most of the NFL network combine stuff, and while hes performing well at it, hes still questionable to me... I see him in the mold of a Kyle Boller at best, even though Boller had 8 times the combine Cutler showed... Cutler also has many laggin injuries, Vince Young does not get injured. Cutler has a lot of heart and is very emotional i see this as a shortcoming, he over compensates with his throws, puts too much speed on it at times (we know this worked hreat for elway, and favre, but Jay is no where near as talented as those two coming out of college). Cutler is a terrible "throw into coverage" kinda guy, will always have more picks than TDs in the pros. He's such a hot head that he will force throws in there...

Would you really pass on Young (if cutler was still on the board as well)? If you were calling in the picks

IF THE DOLPHINS DON'T GET BREES OR MCNAIR, THEY WILL HAVE TO TRADE UP AND TRY TO PICK LEINART OR YOUNG. BUT, IF THEY GET A QB FROM FREE AGENCY, THEY SHOULD TRY FOR AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

MY FAVORITE D-LINE PLAYA....
222743-1.jpg
#94 KEITH TRAYLOR

(THE JERSEY IS USUALLY ROLLED UP DURING THE GAME)

ronrevog said:
What is the upside to Cutler?

I've seen most of the NFL network combine stuff, and while hes performing well at it, hes still questionable to me... I see him in the mold of a Kyle Boller at best, even though Boller had 8 times the combine Cutler showed... Cutler also has many laggin injuries, Vince Young does not get injured. Cutler has a lot of heart and is very emotional i see this as a shortcoming, he over compensates with his throws, puts too much speed on it at times (we know this worked hreat for elway, and favre, but Jay is no where near as talented as those two coming out of college). Cutler is a terrible "throw into coverage" kinda guy, will always have more picks than TDs in the pros. He's such a hot head that he will force throws in there...

Would you really pass on Young (if cutler was still on the board as well)? If you were calling in the picks

This post really shows me that you haven't seen much of Cutler. Whats the upside to Cutler? Are you serious? He has the most upside of all the Qbs in the draft IMO. Lagging injuries? I don't think so. I'd pass on Young period, even if Cutler is already gone, which he will be unfortunately.

SpeedRush99 said:
This post really shows me that you haven't seen much of Cutler. Whats the upside to Cutler? Are you serious? He has the most upside of all the Qbs in the draft IMO. Lagging injuries? I don't think so. I'd pass on Young period, even if Cutler is already gone, which he will be unfortunately.

you mean if young slips to #16 and cutler is already drafted.
you would not draft young?

Rixon said:
you mean if young slips to #16 and cutler is already drafted.
you would not draft young?

Thats exactly what I mean.

Rixon said:
No link needed my friend
those are my words

God I love this place at times! :lol:

Hey if Joe down at the diner says were making a deal then dang it, it's gonna happen! What more proof do you need guys, SHEESH! :lol:

SpeedRush99 said:
Agree 100%, I was MUCH more impressed with him than Greenway in that game. Greenway didn't do squat.

Personally, I'm pretty turned off on Greenway at this point.

His numbers at the combine really threw me.
Before everyone jumps my back, I know that combine numbers aren't everything BUT his strength and speed numbers were to off not to take notice. I was benching more than him by the time I was a sophomore player in college.

Technique and heart can take a player to a point but the physical skills have to be there as well especially when your making such a big jump, college to NFL.

A mid 1st round pick is too much to give for a player that dosen't bring the whole package IMO.

Back
Top Bottom