Troy Smith? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Smith?

Alex44 said:
What does everyone see in Brady Quinn? I must be missing something

At least with Matt Leinart he finds ways to win.....Quinn loses big games, and doesnt have amazing physical skills either.

I must really be overlooking something.....

Good lord. What big games has Quinn lost? He drove the length of the field and gave ND the lead in probably the biggest of his life up to that point against USC. The defense cant get a stop on 4th down and yet that is Quinn losing the big game? He cant cover Ginn and Holmes in the Fiesta Bowl and he didnt do anything to lose that game. He has led more 4th quarter comebacks then probably any QB in college right now, yet he cant find away to win games? He played poorly against Michigan, 1 game in a 4 year career.

As for not having amazing physical skills, just look at him. He is built like a brick house what are you looking for?

Well to be honest Don Quinn didnt even have a TD in the Fiesta. Also before they got Weis Quinn was sub-par. Weis knew what playing style he would fit in and build around that.

Majpain said:
Well to be honest Don Quinn didnt even have a TD in the Fiesta. Also before they got Weis Quinn was sub-par. Weis knew what playing style he would fit in and build around that.

Weis hasnt changed his system from NE to fit Brady. Brady just fits the system. I think every coach adopts what they do to play on the strengths of their players though, this isnt unique to Quinn and ND. All QBs develop, I mean Troy Smith wasnt the player he is today even at the beginning of last year. Even as a freshman you could see Quinn was talented and a good player it took him time to put it together like any player. Quinn didnt have a TD in the Fiesta Bowl but he did complete 65% of his passes, throw for 286 yards and not turn the ball over so he didnt lose the game for the Irish either.

DonShula84 said:
Weis hasnt changed his system from NE to fit Brady. Brady just fits the system. I think every coach adopts what they do to play on the strengths of their players though, this isnt unique to Quinn and ND. All QBs develop, I mean Troy Smith wasnt the player he is today even at the beginning of last year. Even as a freshman you could see Quinn was talented and a good player it took him time to put it together like any player. Quinn didnt have a TD in the Fiesta Bowl but he did complete 65% of his passes, throw for 286 yards and not turn the ball over so he didnt lose the game for the Irish either.

I thought Weis incorprated some stuff in the ND offensive playbook? Maybe Wies was made for Quinn :wink:

Majpain said:
I thought Weis incorprated some stuff in the ND offensive playbook? Maybe Wies was made for Quinn :wink:

If you're asking if our offense under Weis is different than the one under Willingham the answer is yes. But I dont think Weis came in and changed what he likes to do to fit Quinn.

DonShula84 said:
If you're asking if our offense under Weis is different than the one under Willingham the answer is yes. But I dont think Weis came in and changed what he likes to do to fit Quinn.

Well he did adjust it. I mean Quinn went from average to the golden boy.

Majpain said:
Well he did adjust it. I mean Quinn went from average to the golden boy.

He changed the offense we ran under Willingham yes. He installed his system. I dont think he changed his system though to fit Quinn. All players mature and develop though so the idea that Quinn went from average to great and it's only because of Weis and his system isnt true imo. I mean Smith wasnt even a starter at the beginning of last year, was he always this great player and Tressel just didnt give him a chance? Or has he gotten better? Why cant Quinn have just gotten better?

first of all, quinn wasn't "average" under willingham; he set pretty much every freshman and sophomore notre dame record. secondly, uhh, it makes SENSE that a QB would get better as they get more experience, right? carson palmer?

Is it just me, or does every thread around here seem to morph into a debate about Brady Quinn?

Back
Top Bottom