Troy Smith? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Smith?

PeaTearGriffin said:
For the buckeyes the only game that matters is OSU vs Mich....the past two years the buckeyes have won both games smith started. 2 years ago he dominated the game 18 rushes for 145 yards and a TD, threw for 241 and 2 more TDs...last year the buckeyes were down 9 with 7 minutes left in the game and lead them to the win. rushed for 37 yards and a TD, threw for 300 and another TD. So to say he hasn't showed up for big games and can't take a game over is false.

And for people that haven't seen him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQPC0Wc1FU

I didn't see anyone say he didn't show up in big games. I probably did infer he couldn't take a game over, but I meant it more in the sense that you had to account less for him(singularly) on defense than you would for someone like Mike Vick, Brad Smith, or Vince Young(even to a lesser extent Pat White and Michael Robinson).

And thank you for pointing out an instance where Smith had to lead his team to victory(Michigan last year down by 9), but how'd the defense do field position wise in those last 7 minutes?

Frisches13283 said:
I meant it more in the sense that you had to account less for him(singularly) on defense than you would for someone like Mike Vick, Brad Smith, or Vince Young(even to a lesser extent Pat White and Michael Robinson).
he's really nothing like any of those guys though.

UF Fin Kat said:
he's really nothing like any of those guys though.

I know he's not like them. His style of play is much much different. Which is why a college defense doesn't have to account for just Smith as much as they would for any of the guys I mentioned(regardless of the team they played on, because obviously the defense can't exactly afford to key on Smith anyways because of the talent around him).

Heres the last two drives for the buckeyes in the game last year...
1st and 10 at OSU 33Troy Smith pass complete to Anthony Gonzalez for 27 yards to the Mich 40 for a 1ST down. 12 21
1st and 10 at MICH 40
Troy Smith pass incomplete to Santonio Holmes.
2nd and 10 at MICH 40Troy Smith pass incomplete to Roy Hall.
3rd and 10 at MICH 40
Troy Smith rush for 14 yards to the Mich 26 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MICH 26
Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 26 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.1821Josh Huston extra point GOOD. 19 21

This drive started after Michigan kicked a FG and kicked off returned by gonzo.

Ohio State at 4:05
OSU
MICH1st and 10 at OSU 12Troy Smith pass complete to Ted Ginn Jr for 9 yards to the OSU 21. 19 21
2nd and 1 at OSU 21
Antonio Pittman rush for 2 yards to the OSU 23 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at OSU 23
Troy Smith pass incomplete to Anthony Gonzalez.
2nd and 10 at OSU 23
Troy Smith pass complete to Ted Ginn Jr for 11 yards to the OSU 34 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at OSU 34Troy Smith pass complete to Ted Ginn Jr for 6 yards to the OSU 40.
2nd and 4 at OSU 40
Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 7 yards to the OSU 47 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at OSU 47
Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 11 yards to the Mich 42 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MICH 42
Troy Smith rush for 5 yards to the Mich 37.
2nd and 5 at MICH 37
Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 6 yards to the Mich 31 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MICH 31
Timeout OHIO ST, clock 00:47.
1st and 10 at MICH 31
Troy Smith pass complete to Anthony Gonzalez for 27 yards to the Mich 4 for a 1ST down.
1st and Goal at MICH 4
Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 00:37.
1st and Goal at MICH 4
Troy Smith rush for no gain to the Mich 4.
2nd and Goal at MICH 4
Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 00:29.
2nd and Goal at MICH 4Antonio Pittman rush for 4 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 25 21
This one the D made michigan punt but they didn't have good field postion.

PeaTearGriffin said:
Heres the last two drives for the buckeyes in the game last year...
1st and 10 at OSU 33Troy Smith pass complete to Anthony Gonzalez for 27 yards to the Mich 40 for a 1ST down.12211st and 10 at MICH 40Troy Smith pass incomplete to Santonio Holmes.2nd and 10 at MICH 40Troy Smith pass incomplete to Roy Hall.3rd and 10 at MICH 40Troy Smith rush for 14 yards to the Mich 26 for a 1ST down.1st and 10 at MICH 26Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 26 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.1821Josh Huston extra point GOOD.1921
This drive started after Michigan kicked a FG and kicked off returned by gonzo.

Ohio State at 4:05OSUMICH1st and 10 at OSU 12Troy Smith pass complete to Ted Ginn Jr for 9 yards to the OSU 21.19212nd and 1 at OSU 21Antonio Pittman rush for 2 yards to the OSU 23 for a 1ST down.1st and 10 at OSU 23Troy Smith pass incomplete to Anthony Gonzalez.2nd and 10 at OSU 23Troy Smith pass complete to Ted Ginn Jr for 11 yards to the OSU 34 for a 1ST down.1st and 10 at OSU 34Troy Smith pass complete to Ted Ginn Jr for 6 yards to the OSU 40.2nd and 4 at OSU 40Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 7 yards to the OSU 47 for a 1ST down.1st and 10 at OSU 47Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 11 yards to the Mich 42 for a 1ST down.1st and 10 at MICH 42Troy Smith rush for 5 yards to the Mich 37.2nd and 5 at MICH 37Troy Smith pass complete to Santonio Holmes for 6 yards to the Mich 31 for a 1ST down.1st and 10 at MICH 31Timeout OHIO ST, clock 00:47.1st and 10 at MICH 31Troy Smith pass complete to Anthony Gonzalez for 27 yards to the Mich 4 for a 1ST down.1st and Goal at MICH 4Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 00:37.1st and Goal at MICH 4Troy Smith rush for no gain to the Mich 4.2nd and Goal at MICH 4Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 00:29.2nd and Goal at MICH 4Antonio Pittman rush for 4 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.2521 This one the D made michigan punt but they didn't have good field postion.

Thanks for answering my question man. :thumbsup:

Frisches13283 said:
Thanks for answering my question man. :thumbsup:

No problem...anyway i think smith's draft postion depends on his last two games...we'll have to see what he does against michigan and in his bowl game.

PeaTearGriffin said:
No problem...anyway i think smith's draft postion depends on his last two games...we'll have to see what he does against michigan and in his bowl game.

I still think his draft position matters more on his workouts and postseason all star games, but the last 2 games will play a large part.

footballer said:
well , drew bress is 6 foot..

and we passed on him..

twice.

Their are always going to be exceptions to the rules. What puts Troy Smith ahead of Brian Brohm and Brady Quinn?

In the NFL nothing but in a realistic situation were not going to draft either of them.

ill make a prediction: once he hits the combine he will drop like a rock, he will be at best a 3rd round pick

nolefin said:
ill make a prediction: once he hits the combine he will drop like a rock, he will be at best a 3rd round pick

Wow, that's bold. I thought I was the person who liked Smith least as an NFL Qb around here. Looks like I was wrong about that one.

nolefin said:

This coming from a Nole fan :lol:

What does everyone see in Brady Quinn? I must be missing something

At least with Matt Leinart he finds ways to win.....Quinn loses big games, and doesnt have amazing physical skills either.

I must really be overlooking something.....

nolefin said:

My counter prediction

Whoever drafts him in the third round with have an above average starting QB 2 or 3 years down the road

Back
Top Bottom