Troy Smith? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Smith?

Alex44 said:
Quinn loses big games, and doesnt have amazing physical skills either.

I must really be overlooking something.....
i think you're overlooking the TRUTH here...

UF Fin Kat said:
i think you're overlooking the TRUTH here...

Im more than open to listening to why people are so high on him.

Ive only seen him a few times but Ive never seen anything that made me say 'Wow that guys gonna be good' like I have with other players

Alex44 said:
Im more than open to listening to why people are so high on him.

Ive only seen him a few times but Ive never seen anything that made me say 'Wow that guys gonna be good' like I have with other players

You could probably read all the other Brady Quionn threads to find reasons. Or pop in the film before you go bashing someone.

Frisches13283 said:
You could probably read all the other Brady Quionn threads to find reasons. Or pop in the film before you go bashing someone.

Im not bashing anyone

Bashing would be if I said 'Brady Quinn sucks, he will never amount to anything, anyone that thinks he will is stupid'

Im open to anything anyone has to say, I just havent seen it myself in games Ive watched thats all

Alex44 said:
What does everyone see in Brady Quinn? I must be missing something

At least with Matt Leinart he finds ways to win.....Quinn loses big games, and doesnt have amazing physical skills either.

I must really be overlooking something.....
They see a guy with a 64% completion percentage average, 53 touchdowns vs just only 11 interceptions in his Junior/Senior year combined. All this in a pro style offense.

A guy with excellent pocket prescense, poise, accurancy, and has done great under pressure as well. Sure he may not have done well in a few games, but every quarterback has their off days. Matt Leinart was incredible quarterback in USC, and he will be great for the Arizona Cardinals, but he had a bunch of weapons around him that had picked up the slack for him at times.

Physical tools? You don't need to be an athletic quarterback to be a great quarterback in the NFL. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer - three of the best QB's in this league and they probably have less physical tools than Brady Quinn himself.

This guy is going to be great, and is more NFL ready than any of these other college quarterback's. Though Brohm will be a good one too, but I see him staying for his Senior year and going for the Heisman/National Championship if he doesn't get it this season. Even if he stays, I don't see him being picked first over Brady Quinn.

Alex Smith is going to be good still

Carson Palmer....you cant deny him

Vince Young could still be very good.

So whats that supposed to mean?

Vertical Limit said:
They see a guy with a 64% completion percentage average, 53 touchdowns vs just only 11 interceptions in his Junior/Senior year combined. All this in a pro style offense.

A guy with excellent pocket prescense, poise, accurancy, and has done great under pressure as well. Sure he may not have done well in a few games, but every quarterback has their off days. Matt Leinart was incredible quarterback in USC, and he will be great for the Arizona Cardinals, but he had a bunch of weapons around him that had picked up the slack for him at times.

Physical tools? You don't need to be an athletic quarterback to be a great quarterback in the NFL. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer - three of the best QB's in this league and they probably have less physical tools than Brady Quinn himself.

This guy is going to be great, and is more NFL ready than any of these quarterback's. Though Brohm will be a good one too, but I see him staying for his Senior year and going for the Heisman/National Championship if he doesn't get it this season. Even if he stays, I don't see him being picked first over Brady Quinn.

Best reply yet thanks.

By physical tools I meant more along the lines of arm strength and accuracy than other things in him. I see a guy that plays very well against mediocre teams but pretty average against good teams.

I agree he is more NFL ready than the others in this draft but that doesnt mean he will be the best long term and thats what I draft for if Im a gm (of course Im not though lol)

I was really high on him last year, but this year IMO it looks like he has taken a step back

Alex44 said:
Best reply yet thanks.

By physical tools I meant more along the lines of arm strength and accuracy than other things in him. I see a guy that plays very well against mediocre teams but pretty average against good teams.

I agree he is more NFL ready than the others in this draft but that doesnt mean he will be the best long term and thats what I draft for if Im a gm (of course Im not though lol)

I was really high on him last year, but this year IMO it looks like he has taken a step back

How can you say in your opinion "it looks like he has taken a step back," when you admitted earlier to rarely watching him play?

Frisches13283 said:
How can you say in your opinion "it looks like he has taken a step back," when you admitted earlier to rarely watching him play?

Because I have seen him play a couple games this year and last, and this year he hasnt looked as good

Alex44 said:
Because I have seen him play a couple games this year and last, and this year he hasnt looked as good

What, did you only watch the Michigan game this year? Because he's looked as good if not better in my opinion, in regards to his entire game, than he did last year overall.

Frisches13283 said:
What, did you only watch the Michigan game this year? Because he's looked as good if not better in my opinion, in regards to his entire game, than he did last year overall.

This year I saw Georgia Tech, Michigan, and another team I cant remember for some reason, it was a smaller school and he looked decent.

Alex44 said:
This year I saw Georgia Tech, Michigan, and another team I cant remember for some reason, it was a smaller school and he looked decent.

All right. Your entitled to your opinion I guess. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom