Troy Smith? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Troy Smith?

phins4gish said:
Yeah, and Vince Young didnt help his cause by single handedly beating USC, did he?

If Smith can do that, he will be a first rounder for sure. Also, 6'1" is not that small. He is much taller than Flutie.

I haven't seen Smith single handedly beat anyone yet. Troy is no Vince Young.

Crowder52 said:
Which means people didn't grade him as a first round prospect, if no one took him there. And therein lies the Troy Smith comparison that I made in the first place.

Alright, fair enough. :D

UF Fin Kat said:
i never saw young do it, either.

Me neither. But I didn't say he did. I still stand by the statement that Smith is no Vince Young though.

Crowder52 said:
Hey I just noticed you're from Akron...you should get a Jason Taylor throwback lol.

They were giving them away(not authentic throwback, but replica) for attending a certain number of basketball home games. But I don't like our basketball enough, and I wouldn't have been able to attend enough games even if I wanted to go.

Alex44 said:
Vince Young was already a first round pick, most likely a top 12 pick also. Beating USC just solidified it.

Even if Troy Smith beats someone single handedly this is a very weak year in terms of true powerhouse teams in college football, and no-one (including Ohio State) could carry last years USC or Texas's jock strap. So that would take away from his performance IMO

To me Smith is a Mid First to Early Second round pick

Are you crazy? OSU would have beat Texas last year if Smith hadn't been suspended, and they would have mopped the floor with USC.

Frisches13283 said:
Me neither. But I didn't say he did. I still stand by the statement that Smith is no Vince Young though.

If you mean that because Troy Smith is smarter, makes better decisions, and is a better quarterback than you're right.....

Vince Young is a running quarterback....Troy Smith is a quarterback.

Whitner20 said:
Are you crazy? OSU would have beat Texas last year if Smith hadn't been suspended, and they would have mopped the floor with USC.

:shakeno:

Nevermind. Forgot, they're a perfect team.

Whitner20 said:
If you mean that because Troy Smith is smarter, makes better decisions, and is a better quarterback than you're right.....

Vince Young is a running quarterback....Troy Smith is a quarterback.

Whether they run often or not is irrelivent, since they play the same position. Because if you classify Young as a running QB(in an attempt to slight his game), then you can't argue about Troy's threat as a runner as a reason he's better than Quinn(or any other Qb for that matter).

Frisches13283 said:
Whether they run often or not is irrelivent, since they play the same position. Because if you classify Young as a running QB(in an attempt to slight his game), then you can't argue about Troy's threat as a runner as a reason he's better than Quinn(or any other Qb for that matter).

I don't need Smith's ability to run as a reason as to why he's better than Brady Quinn....

Whitner20 said:
I don't need Smith's ability to run as a reason as to why he's better than Brady Quinn....

Ok, but the abilty to run effectively helps you as a quarterback. And you attempted to slight Vince Young, by saying "Vince Young is a running quarterback....Troy Smith is a quarterback," as if they play different positions, and you can't compare the two.

For the buckeyes the only game that matters is OSU vs Mich....the past two years the buckeyes have won both games smith started. 2 years ago he dominated the game 18 rushes for 145 yards and a TD, threw for 241 and 2 more TDs...last year the buckeyes were down 9 with 7 minutes left in the game and lead them to the win. rushed for 37 yards and a TD, threw for 300 and another TD. So to say he hasn't showed up for big games and can't take a game over is false.

And for people that haven't seen him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQPC0Wc1FU

djfresh47 said:
He's listed at 6'1 which is short for a Qb. Smith is the front-runner for the heisman but when it comes to prospects I think that Quinn and Brohm look more like a proto-typical Qb. Quinn has Weis to help promote and Brohm and Lousiville has as good of a shot at getting the championship game as Ohio State right now without Michael Bush. I think Brohm is only a Jr. so it's not a gurantee he even declares.

well , drew bress is 6 foot..

and we passed on him..

twice.

Back
Top Bottom