Tua on stage jammin with Darius Rucker | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua on stage jammin with Darius Rucker

The Dolphins have put themselves in position to lose a lot of players because they’ve put themselves in a horrible cap position.

You’re nuts if you think next years team will be more talented.

Not more talented, more successful. This year's team if not for the injuries was easily going to be the team raising the Lombardi trophy.

Every year I hear that this team is not worth anything special, maybe 7 wins, probably 6, at most 8, never saying the reason is injury, so some expected Miami to be mediocre or actually worse then mediocre with a healthy roster. Every year Miami looks much better then expected until Injuries totally slows or stops them from being much better then people expected, though still better.

Miami is going to lose some quality players, but will it really be enough to not be able to have the type of season they had in 2023?

Wilkins, and possibly AVG might be the worse we lose this year in key players, along with Ogbah, Baker, and maybe X.

It looks like we will be using a 4-3 formation more this year, so Baker will not be needed.

If we lose Gink, it will hurt, but he is still not a starter, and Miami could still bring back Ingram.

Losing X could hurt, but he really has not been playing like the old X, and I still believe Cam Smith has special talent written all over him.

If Mostert does not come back, it will hurt, but having a RB like Achane helps a lot, just bring another back in FA that can be a good effective rotational player.

The one player that will hurt considerably is Wilkins, but if that happens, Miami just needs to find another solid DT that can do the job.

We also might not be able to re-sign both of Robert Hunt and Conner Williams, if that happens, Miami will probably draft an interior linemen, and get one in FA cheaper. We were without both for more then a quarter of the season.

The Draft and FA could relieve Miami of some of the players they are going to lose, but because the nucleus will for the most part still be intact, the team that plays in 2024 will not be far off from the one in 2023. If they can do enough to stop or at least slow down the amount of Injuries Miami gets every year. I expect Miami to be even more dangerous in 2024 if they reach the playoffs pretty much healthy.

Not more talented, more successful. This year's team if not for the injuries was easily going to be the team raising the Lombardi trophy.

Every year I hear that this team is not worth anything special, maybe 7 wins, probably 6, at most 8, never saying the reason is injury, so some expected Miami to be mediocre or actually worse then mediocre with a healthy roster. Every year Miami looks much better then expected until Injuries totally slows or stops them from being much better then people expected, though still better.

Miami is going to lose some quality players, but will it really be enough to not be able to have the type of season they had in 2023?

Wilkins, and possibly AVG might be the worse we lose this year in key players, along with Ogbah, Baker, and maybe X.

It looks like we will be using a 4-3 formation more this year, so Baker will not be needed.

If we lose Gink, it will hurt, but he is still not a starter, and Miami could still bring back Ingram.

Losing X could hurt, but he really has not been playing like the old X, and I still believe Cam Smith has special talent written all over him.

If Mostert does not come back, it will hurt, but having a RB like Achane helps a lot, just bring another back in FA that can be a good effective rotational player.

The one player that will hurt considerably is Wilkins, but if that happens, Miami just needs to find another solid DT that can do the job.

We also might not be able to re-sign both of Robert Hunt and Conner Williams, if that happens, Miami will probably draft an interior linemen, and get one in FA cheaper. We were without both for more then a quarter of the season.

The Draft and FA could relieve Miami of some of the players they are going to lose, but because the nucleus will for the most part still be intact, the team that plays in 2024 will not be far off from the one in 2023. If they can do enough to stop or at least slow down the amount of Injuries Miami gets every year. I expect Miami to be even more dangerous in 2024 if they reach the playoffs pretty much healthy.

You pretty much detailed why we won't be more successful next year, outside of wishful thinking.

Couple all that with the injuries to Phillips and Chubb and you have the makings of a let down.

I am typically captain positive in the off season and I believe every move is going to workout. But this isn't the year for that IMO.

We have nothing going for us right now, not trying to be a negative Nancy here but the fact is we are behind the 8 ball big time. Not having a third or fourth round pick, not having cap space, not having any leverage in negotiations with Tua and on the brink of losing a handful of quality players while having big questions with the health of guys we absolute need at full strength doesn't sound like the recipe for a title run in 2024.

We have no identity outside of Tyreek Hill.

The reality is that we went all-in too soon and now have to regroup. Thats going to come with a lot of bumps in the road.

Chris Grier isn't the guy who's going to bring us playoff success with his masterful vision.

You pretty much detailed why we won't be more successful next year, outside of wishful thinking.

Couple all that with the injuries to Phillips and Chubb and you have the makings of a let down.

I am typically captain positive in the off season and I believe every move is going to workout. But this isn't the year for that IMO.

We have nothing going for us right now, not trying to be a negative Nancy here but the fact is we are behind the 8 ball big time. Not having a third or fourth round pick, not having cap space, not having any leverage in negotiations with Tua and on the brink of losing a handful of quality players while having big questions with the health of guys we absolute need at full strength doesn't sound like the recipe for a title run in 2024.

We have no identity outside of Tyreek Hill.

The reality is that we went all-in too soon and now have to regroup. Thats going to come with a lot of bumps in the road.

Chris Grier isn't the guy who's going to bring us playoff success with his masterful vision.

No, I gave you a reason why we won't, if you want to look at it as why they fail, then I guess we disagree here.

Considering it was Chris Grier that brought us all this talent that we may now need to let go, that tells me he can find it, he can strategically find it again.

We will still have good to great talent at QB, WR, RB, D-Line/Pass-Rushing, safety, corner... After we end up losing talented players.

We will see who is right I guess.

No, I gave you a reason why we won't, if you want to look at it as why they fail, then I guess we disagree here.

Considering it was Chris Grier that brought us all this talent that we may now need to let go, that tells me he can find it, he can strategically find it again.

We will still have good to great talent at QB, WR, RB, D-Line/Pass-Rushing, safety, corner... After we end up losing talented players.

We will see who is right I guess.

No, he can strategically pay for it, once.

Grier had a historic level of assets at his disposal both in terms of draft picks and salary cap space.

Its not that hard to build a team that loses wild card games when you have multiple first round picks and more cap space than everyone else.

Now you've taken most of those assets away and are asking him to use keen sense of evaluating to get us over the hump. How could anyone have belief in his ability to do that?

The two most important pieces to the rebuild that he drafted we now have a huge dilemma with re-signing. Wilkins appears destined to leave and Tua has us by the balls in negotiations.

He didn't build anything, he tried like hell to get to the finish line without doing the hard work necessary. You can't argue that he didn't place most of his eggs in the 2023 basket, when thats exactly what he did.

There was no vision for sustaining long term success. I am not sitting here saying that the dude sucks. He's been above average in drafting and god knows I was the biggest supporter of the Cam Smith selection on Finheaven. He also was very unfortunate to be working for a moron of an owner who actually cost his franchise a first and third round pick with his brilliant scheme to get Tom Brady.

If Grier did have that first rounder last year I think we would've been able to solve the TE riddle that's been plaguing us for some time and been able to add the much needed dimension this offense requires to sustain drives.

No, he can strategically pay for it, once.

Grier had a historic level of assets at his disposal both in terms of draft picks and salary cap space.

Its not that hard to build a team that loses wild card games when you have multiple first round picks and more cap space than everyone else.

Now you've taken most of those assets away and are asking him to use keen sense of evaluating to get us over the hump. How could anyone have belief in his ability to do that?

The two most important pieces to the rebuild that he drafted we now have a huge dilemma with re-signing. Wilkins appears destined to leave and Tua has us by the balls in negotiations.

He didn't build anything, he tried like hell to get to the finish line without doing the hard work necessary. You can't argue that he didn't place most of his eggs in the 2023 basket, when thats exactly what he did.

There was no vision for sustaining long term success. I am not sitting here saying that the dude sucks. He's been above average in drafting and god knows I was the biggest supporter of the Cam Smith selection on Finheaven. He also was very unfortunate to be working for a moron of an owner who actually cost his franchise a first and third round pick with his brilliant scheme to get Tom Brady.

If Grier did have that first rounder last year I think we would've been able to solve the TE riddle that's been plaguing us for some time and been able to add the much needed dimension this offense requires to sustain drives.

There are always options to finding talent, and not all talent is expensive.

There is the Draft where Grier drafted (In alphabetical order)...Achane, Brooks. Davis, Ferguson, Von Ginkle, Holland, Hunt, Jackson, Jones, Kohou, Needham, Phillips, Smith, Tua, Tindall, Waddle, Wilkins.

And been able to bring inexpensive FA like, Ingold, Long Jr, Mostert, Ogbuh, Sieler, Wilson Jr, Williams.

Basically what I am saying, it does not matter for now that we might be in a slight salary cap hell, and that we are missing draft picks in the draft because of our owner. The players we have right now are still good enough to compete, even with the possible loss of some very good players.

Miami does not need to spend hard in FA to help us be a top team next year, we do not need to have quantities of draft picks, as long as we hit with some quality players.

Miami still has the two most dangerous receivers in Football with a top 5 QB passing to them. A RB that may be special, a pretty stacked Secondary (Even if we lose X), a quality front 7 (Even if we lose Wilkins, and we lose Ogbuh)...Chubb and Phillips will eventually come back as one of the premier pass-rushing dual in the NFL.

This team is not about to go from quality team to mediocre team in one year because of a few loses.

Bro I stopped reading at Ingram we can not run him out there this year period. He was completely out of the league we can’t have guys who would be out of the league starting for us

Bro I stopped reading at Ingram we can not run him out there this year period. He was completely out of the league we can’t have guys who would be out of the league starting for us

He is was a quality player that was not in Football shape, Miami is going know the time table on their players, when they might be ready. Ingram was a name I threw out there, as in Miami will try to find a solid DE to hold the fort until Chubbs and Phillips are back, and if that happens to be an Ingram that proves to be in game shape, that that is what will happen.

If you could not understand that, then I guess stopping when you saw Ingram was best.

This team this GM needs to stop bringing Ingram back, the guy is not a football player anymore he gave up a while ago.

The defenders of the Tuaverse will hate me for this but I don’t wanna see him doing this right now. Imagine Lamar or Allen doing this?? I don’t see that. Tua is too lighthearted he needs to get some fire in him imo. Not drinking and doing concerts in Vegas etc it’s not time for that IMHO!

I like Darius Rucker and I do like that Tua plays guitar and stuff but is this really the vibe right now!?!

Ok flame away lol

The defenders of the Tuaverse will hate me for this but I don’t wanna see him doing this right now. Imagine Lamar or Allen doing this?? I don’t see that. Tua is too lighthearted he needs to get some fire in him imo. Not drinking and doing concerts in Vegas etc it’s not time for that IMHO!

I like Darius Rucker and I do like that Tua plays guitar and stuff but is this really the vibe right now!?!

Ok flame away lol
What was it he’s supposed to be doing on Feb 10, 2024?

Ok flame away lol
It's called having a life outside of football. Try it! 😂

It's called having a life outside of football. Try it! 😂
Tua is in the prime of his career it’s go time he will have plenty of time for ukelele in the coming years
What was it he’s supposed to be doing on Feb 10, 2024?
I don’t know maybe getting a leg up while everyone else is partying??

Tua is in the prime of his career it’s go time he will have plenty of time for ukelele in the coming years

I don’t know maybe getting a leg up while everyone else is partying??
You would rather he hang out with X...and become a bad boy?

He could head over to Cleveland and get a few pointers while he is at it.

Just because the rest of the team is out fishing or sunning themselves in the Bahamas I guess makes it bad for Tua to play music when he should be studying the play book lol.

What's that saying Salty Tua is it?

This off-season I will have you know he is taking lessons on not being so nice. Keep an eye out for more tattoos. In two more years he will look Maxx Crosby ish.

Back
Top Bottom