Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

Never quite understood the let him play out his option and prove he is worth it thinking.

Let's say we take that route and he balls out. Think he is gonna be cheaper a year from now having done that and other teams in the mix?

Then he walks to the highest bidder having balled out. Guess what...if he balled out we be sitting 20++ in the draft order or faced with trying to trade for an established QB of equal calibre (sounds easy enough).

Get him now while there are still a few questions in the air. He's young and will get better.

I'm not anti-Tua but he does seem to be deeply unlikable among most people who follow the team.

There's certainly an anti-Tua crowd and there's a crowd who's 'okay' with him for the next few years. But is there really any group we'd label as pro-Tua at this point?

When reporters suggest he's actually in fact one of the more popular players in the NFL based on jersey sales or whatever I have to wonder, because my sense is that's it's exactly the opposite. I feel like most people find him boring at best and at worst possibly a bit of a slow-minded dullard destined for mediocrity and possible embarrassment on the biggest stages.

I feel like the majority of people (maybe literally everyone here) is actually much more comfortable with him as a bridge QB towards a future where hopefully we end up with something even better and more dynamic unless somehow we're shocked and he really is Drew Brees 2.0 which we won't really know until we've tracked his 2-year passer rating spike out over a few more seasons.

I'm not anti-Tua but he does seem to be deeply unlikable among most people who follow the team.

There's certainly an anti-Tua crowd and there's a crowd who's 'okay' with him for the next few years. But is there really any group we'd label as pro-Tua at this point?

When reporters suggest he's actually in fact one of the more popular players in the NFL based on jersey sales or whatever I have to wonder, because my sense is that's it's exactly the opposite. I feel like most people find him boring at best and at worst possibly a bit of a slow-minded dullard destined for mediocrity and possible embarrassment on the biggest stages.

I feel like the majority of people (maybe literally everyone here) is actually much more comfortable with him as a bridge QB towards a future where hopefully we end up with something even better and more dynamic unless somehow we're shocked and he really is Drew Brees 2.0 which we won't really know until we've tracked his 2-year passer rating spike out over a few more seasons.
And you would be wrong. It just gets old arguing with the same clowns over and over again about the same topics.

Never quite understood the let him play out his option and prove he is worth it thinking.

Let's say we take that route and he balls out. Think he is gonna be cheaper a year from now having done that and other teams in the mix?

Then he walks to the highest bidder having balled out. Guess what...if he balled out we be sitting 20++ in the draft order or faced with trying to trade for an established QB of equal calibre (sounds easy enough).

Get him now while there are still a few questions in the air. He's young and will get better.
Hey J, absolutely correct. If anyone thinks the better deal will come, they are very mistaken. If you look at the salaries of the top 10, I don't mean top ten in stats, I mean in pay, you have Mahomes and Allen as top talent, Burrow you really can't count because of injury. When I look at QBs like Russel Wilson, no one can tell me the Tua is not at least as good as Wilson. I agree, that if he plays as well next year as this year, the bidding war will be unbelievable.

The Ever Gaming This Out VIPER

Hey J, absolutely correct. If anyone thinks the better deal will come, they are very mistaken. If you look at the salaries of the top 10, I don't mean top ten in stats, I mean in pay, you have Mahomes and Allen as top talent, Burrow you really can't count because of injury. When I look at QBs like Russel Wilson, no one can tell me the Tua is not at least as good as Wilson. I agree, that if he plays as well next year as this year, the bidding war will be unbelievable.

The Ever Gaming This Out VIPER
Looking for a better deal is not the reasoning, though.

The reasoning is having another year to evaluate and potentially avoiding a long term mistake.

You knew this, though, but preferred to spin it a different way.

It would be foolish to let him play out the option if the conclusion to sign him long term has already been made

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom