Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

And yet, break down after breakdown from guys like Kurt Warner and Dan Orlovsky showing how Tua progresses through his reads quicker then many realize.

Hmmmmmm, who to believe or listen to?????

The "one read QB"rhetoric is pure nonsense.

That said, much of the offensive design is based on getting the ball out quickly and throwing to a spot based on presnap reads and while Tua is pretty good at it, it has drawbacks and limitations when overused.

Some see this as Tua not being adept at going through progressions, but that is the wrong conclusion, IMO.

None of us really know what he is being coached to do in certain situations, but somebody (Tua, McD, both) need to realize that sometimes checking down is the smart play.

Tua deserves to get paid at a high level. However, we need to do that in a manner that allows the team to be able to make moves in FA and resign good players. Curious how this looks when it happens as obviously the team knows the same thing.
I just don’t get this thinking. What has Tua done to deserve a big contract? In 4 years he hasn’t come close to winning a playoff game..he hasn’t performed well in adverse conditions…..he hasn’t performed well against good teams. Tell me what he’s done to deserve a monster contract, other than beat Carolina..the Giants and Denver. Games we could have won w White as QB.

People are so hungry for a franchise QB they’re deluding themselves.

Well they have a decision to make in regards either do it or move on.. I see them doing it.

I’ll retract and give you Jones, so touche on that one. Tua is not jones though. Cutler was 54 million, he didn’t finish that contract he had. Wilson was at least established, but I wont pretend I know a lot about that one
Hey R, thank you for the Civil response. My overall point is the emotional factors that can color business decisions. For example, when Gase brought in Cutler, and everyone said WHO. Gaseous brought him in because he was his Budd, of course the front office said it was because Cutler knew Gases offense, really they were only together 1 year, and yes Cutler had a career year, but the team well, not great. So this was not a business deal. Russ was, as I recall from the pundits, Denver needed a splash, a splash is not business its marketing and feeling. Even Z Wilson is emotion, J Douglas is tied to Z and had to try to salvage that decision by kicking the can down the road, and not letting him go.
Anyway, there is no option better than Tua, and we will soon see how much the Fins FEEL he is worth.

The Ever Amoral And Profitable VIPER

That said, much of the offensive design is based on getting the ball out quickly and throwing to a spot based on presnap reads and while Tua is pretty good at it, it has drawbacks and limitations when overused.

Some see this as Tua not being adept at going through progressions, but that is the wrong conclusion, IMO.

None of us really know what he is being coached to do in certain situations, but somebody (Tua, McD, both) need to realize that sometimes checking down is the smart play.

Agree 100%

I think you’d be surprised at the Titans answer to that trade
Yep, plus it takes two to tango. They may love Levis, we may love Tua or the opposite. Highly unlikely we are even considering shopping Tua, there has been nothing but praise from McD and Grier regarding him.

I could not word it any better. On point 👉

nobody on dolphins team should be making over 30 million a yr. we cant even win wildcard games.

Back
Top Bottom