Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

That kind of money won't be there. He has improved but his team didn't improved so I won't break the bank for that.
Hey K, if this was in a vacuum, I would agree, but this situation is not happening in a vacuum, there are "behavioral" issues involved, "human behavior". "Human behavior" is something I know well, and here are the complications. I have posted something like this before, but here are the factors that I see.

1. There is no doubt that Chris Grier is permanently linked to Tua, and this will "color" all of his decisions.
A. If he moves on from Tua, trades Tua, signs him to a 5yr option, brings in competition, Grier will basically be admitting that he made a mistake in picking Tua.
B. In admitting making a mistake in selecting Tua, (of course he will never say it, but his actions will show it), he would be severely damaging his reputation, possibly to the point of losing his position. (of course, many will be throwing parties if this happens, but not me).

2. Mike McDaniel is also permanently linked to Tua, in fact judging from the behavior of MM before he even landed in Miami, the phone call to Tua confirms that there were preconditions to his hiring, possibly Tua will play, Tua will be the starter, etc. It seems that MM accepted these conditions, and here we are, MM will not turn back from this commitment and I really don't think he has the force of will to do so even if the thought occurs.

I have no doubt that there are many other emotional and behavioral issues at play, such as the pressure from the fans to keep Tua going, both CG and MM's personal like for Tua, the need to keep continuity, not for the teams sake, but for their own and S Ross's input. In reality all of this is very unpredictable, because of the emotion and human behavior in general. Very unpredictable indeed, but still we try to predict it. 😂

The Ever Looking At Human Behavior Through Price Discovery VIPER

Hey K, if this was in a vacuum, I would agree, but this situation is not happening in a vacuum, there are "behavioral" issues involved, "human behavior". "Human behavior" is something I know well, and here are the complications. I have posted something like this before, but here are the factors that I see.

1. There is no doubt that Chris Grier is permanently linked to Tua, and this will "color" all of his decisions.
A. If he moves on from Tua, trades Tua, signs him to a 5yr option, brings in competition, Grier will basically be admitting that he made a mistake in picking Tua.
B. In admitting making a mistake in selecting Tua, (of course he will never say it, but his actions will show it), he would be severely damaging his reputation, possibly to the point of losing his position. (of course, many will be throwing parties if this happens, but not me).

2. Mike McDaniel is also permanently linked to Tua, in fact judging from the behavior of MM before he even landed in Miami, the phone call to Tua confirms that there were preconditions to his hiring, possibly Tua will play, Tua will be the starter, etc. It seems that MM accepted these conditions, and here we are, MM will not turn back from this commitment and I really don't think he has the force of will to do so even if the thought occurs.

I have no doubt that there are many other emotional and behavioral issues at play, such as the pressure from the fans to keep Tua going, both CG and MM's personal like for Tua, the need to keep continuity, not for the teams sake, but for their own and S Ross's input. In reality all of this is very unpredictable, because of the emotion and human behavior in general. Very unpredictable indeed, but still we try to predict it. 😂

The Ever Looking At Human Behavior Through Price Discovery VIPER

I disagree.

I think all 3 guys have their own merits and dont see them linked to each other.

If Tua has a regression I dont see Grier taking the blame for that (We are talking about a QB with a winning record here, not a Justin Fields experiment.)

McDaniel and Grier have both proven themselves to the NFL and our owner.

They are putting out an exciting product and making plenty of money in the process.

I disagree.

I think all 3 guys have their own merits and dont see them linked to each other.

If Tua has a regression I dont see Grier taking the blame for that (We are talking about a QB with a winning record here, not a Justin Fields experiment.)

McDaniel and Grier have both proven themselves to the NFL and our owner.

They are putting out an exciting product and making plenty of money in the process.
Hey A, let the Fans rattle the cage enough, and we will see who is linked with whom 😆 Anyway not a commentary on whether Tua regresses etc, just looking at the "emotional" factores that would lead to the big Bag. 💰

The Ever "Yard" Trading VIPER

Ooh I will play this game ...let me remind you Tua had the ball twice after both Tennessee TDs in the 4th quarter and couldn't lead the 'greatest show on surf' down the field to score even a fg with 2 offensive possessions on Monday Night Football at home, against an inferior opponent.

Everyone was upset with the defense in this game but the defense gave Miami 2 short-field scores to what seemed to put the game away, only if Tua could simply do his job. He couldn't. He didn't. We lost the division because of that failure.

Why did he crumble in clutch moments this year so often?

I like Tua. He's very likable. Has great accuracy, touch, and anticipation. But he has some real short comings, and doesn't put the team on his back like the best do consistently, in the biggest moments and games. Why is that?

Good for Tua getting paid, capitalism is great. But him setting the market isn't best for the teams future moving forward. In 4 seasons he's 0-1 in the playoffs. Yes he brought us to our first back to back playoff seasons, but we need more than just a ticket to the post season, especially if we are willing to double his 5th year salary.
the big issue here is that Tua is running a precision style, communication centric, hyper accurate scheme, so when something breaks down there isnt another pitch in his arsenal because hes not improvising at all on his own, and hes not using his legs to run, something has to change, either he starts to use the fullskillset, or the offense needs to be more like what brady ran.

the big issue here is that Tua is running a precision style, communication centric, hyper accurate scheme, so when something breaks down there isnt another pitch in his arsenal because hes not improvising at all on his own, and hes not using his legs to run, something has to change, either he starts to use the fullskillset, or the offense needs to be more like what brady ran.
This!

The improvising issue is key. I don't think this offense is geared towards improvisation. It is designed to defeat the pass rush they know is coming. Once a defense disrupts that quick release option, it clearly starts to break down.

I think Tua is capable of improvising, but we need to ask and expect him to do it. We also can't be afraid of taking the check down and short pass options instead of always looking 10+ yards up field.

I would fully expect this will be one of the significant changes in the offense next year. Use of the RB's and TE's more in the passing game and hopefully improvement in the O-line that give us more time in the pocket

no bud you don’t let him dictate terms at this point, like I said if he’s not willing to help the team and have that specific Brady like mentality then I draw my line in the sand.
You wouldn't be saying this if he didn't get fat during the season. :lol:

Hey A, let the Fans rattle the cage enough, and we will see who is linked with whom 😆 Anyway not a commentary on whether Tua regresses etc, just looking at the "emotional" factores that would lead to the big Bag. 💰

The Ever "Yard" Trading VIPER
You don’t pay someone hundreds of millions of dollars for your reasons. You’re in your own world

The yearly contracts for QB’s are going up every year as the market constantly is resetting. They love it when a fellow QB gets a new deal. :ffic:

It does work well in Frisco... and the Chiefs aren't exactly a power blocking team either. I'd argue that VERY few teams play 'smashmouth' any longer.
It is all positional blocking these days. Can't play smash mouth from the shotgun, angles do not work the same way.

Really, D Jones, R Wilson, J Cutler..............

The Ever Understanding The Underlying Factors VIPER
I’ll retract and give you Jones, so touche on that one. Tua is not jones though. Cutler was 54 million, he didn’t finish that contract he had. Wilson was at least established, but I wont pretend I know a lot about that one

Back
Top Bottom