Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

Ya but they only scored one touchdown in that game. The kicker was the main reason they won.
Yeah an remind me why did Dallas lose. Do you really care if we score 3 tds and lose by one or score one and win by 2?

I must be old Ryan. When I played it was about getting the win no matter how. Nowadays it appears it's ok to lose gracefully...fantasy football stats and all.

He's not going to take less money. Just like Brady all they're doing is taking less in the present and moving it to the future to the end of the contract for salary cap relief.
Different scenario. Brady took less because his wife made far more money than he ever would. Brady didn't defer money. He just took less for years because of his home situation.

Ya but they only scored one touchdown in that game. The kicker was the main reason they won.
The ravens game last year and the chargers game this year so far are the only games where Tua passed for the GW TD with 2:00 minutes or less in the 4th with Miami trailing. He also led Miami to a FG in a 34-31 win @ Arizona in 2020, and to a FG vs Dallas in a 22-20 win.

Different scenario. Brady took less because his wife made far more money than he ever would. Brady didn't defer money. He just took less for years because of his home situation.
And how much money you think Mahomes is making in endorsements?

The ravens game last year and the chargers game this year so far are the only games where Tua passed for the GW TD with 2:00 minutes or less in the 4th with Miami trailing. He also led Miami to a FG in a 34-31 win @ Arizona in 2020, and to a FG vs Dallas in a 22-20 win.

Great.

So you admit that he met your quota this season of 2-3 games :)

Great.

So you admit that he met your quota this season of 2-3 games :)

I don't know...

I just wish Tua had a better clutch gene right now...when its the 4th quarter and the **** hits the fan I want him to be better than what he has been I those situations...hopefully he gets there...maybe im asking for too much since he's still young...hmmm probably...

I don’t start posts here because they either get moved to a different forum or moved by moderators due to being redundant. So I’m just putting this in an existing post, but keep the people of KC in your thoughts and prayers. The news isn’t getting any better here. Very tragic situation in my town.

I don't know...

I just wish Tua had a better clutch gene right now...when its the 4th quarter and the **** hits the fan I want him to be better than what he has been I those situations...hopefully he gets there...maybe im asking for too much since he's still young...hmmm probably...

Well, I agree. It was disappointing this season for sure.

But that was never really an issue with Tua prior to this season really. With far less talent and worse o line he was typically a top QB in the NFL in 4th quarter/ 3rd or 4th down metrics.

So I really don't know what happened this year.

Clutch was never really a concern until this year

Someone please remind me again where Tua was playing on defense against the mighty Tennessee Titans when they blew a 14 point lead with less than 4 minutes remaining depriving them of the AFC East title and a 1st round home playoff game?
The offense deserves just as much blame for that loss as the defense. Yes, the defense gave up two TDs, but when Miami had the ball with the chance to either score or run out the clock for the win, Tua and the offense crapped the bed and choked big-time.

I never liked Fangio, and wasn't surprised that the defense gave up those scores, but the offense was supposed to be highly ranked (according to stats), yet they couldn't even sustain a drive when it mattered against the lowly 4-8 Titans.

Last year people were criticizing him for trying to do too much and getting injured. They were saying he just needed to learn to take the sack. Now this year, they want him to run around and extend plays.

Season 7 GIF by The Simpsons

How about trade Tua now to someone who wants to pay him and get a haul of draft picks? Is that analysis not worth doing or do we feel he would not attract an offer worth a darn? Are we better with Tua on a rich contract or with a bunch of high picks going forward with chance to reset your QB on a rookie contract? Something to at least consider although doubtful they will. I am curious what Tua would actually be worth in trade comp at this moment.

I mean what would teams pay for Mahommes right now? Allen, Burrow? What is Tua worth if opened up to the league? I’d be curious at lest and like to consider.
I'd love to see Miami trade Tua and use the money that they would have spent on him to improve the o-line and fill other holes. You can win a Super Bowl without a Mahomes; you just need a great o-line, talented offensive weapons, good playcalling, and a tough defense. With that, even a game manager QB can win games. However, I can't see Grier being the one to build a good o-line or find Miami's TE Kelce or a modern-day Zach Thomas, and McDaniel is not a good playcaller.

But in the long run, I'd rather have a Roethlisberger type than a Brees type QB. It's just the way that I'm wired.

I don't want a 'running QB', though a 'mobile QB' who can shrug off arm tackles checks the boxes I desire.
Same here. I want a bigger, stronger, more athletic QB who is an accurate pocket passer, but who also has the ability to shed tacklers and run when necessary. Being able to improvise and make something out of nothing is a requirement because as long as Grier is the GM, Miami will never have a tough, physically dominating o-line.

Same here. I want a bigger, stronger, more athletic QB who is an accurate pocket passer, but who also has the ability to shed tacklers and run when necessary. Being able to improvise and make something out of nothing is a requirement because as long as Grier is the GM, Miami will never have a tough, physically dominating o-line.
Grier is always going to be a zone-blocking guy... all of the Shanahan guys are from this school.

Well, I agree. It was disappointing this season for sure.

But that was never really an issue with Tua prior to this season really. With far less talent and worse o line he was typically a top QB in the NFL in 4th quarter/ 3rd or 4th down metrics.

So I really don't know what happened this year.

Clutch was never really a concern until this year

Im obviously guessing but I'm pointing at the concussions. I think he's like....Maverick when he got the jitters after Goose...

Back
Top Bottom