Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

I'm frankly worried about both players at these new contract amounts. We'll extend Tua, no real choice despite me being curious what compensation we could get for him this offseason. CW I think we need to let walk as hard as that is. I can't compute Seiler at $8MM and CW in that $20+ range, will just be too detrimental to the rest of the roster and I just don't know that he moves the W/L needle all that much. Plus we would likely pick up a 3rd round comp pick and this team needs to start building assets to get younger and with cheaper contracts.
Agreed. We should be trading all our guys in year 3 up. Just keep rotating in young guns on the cheap. Cap counters will be excited and for sure those who live and die by the draft every year will no doubt reach Utopia finally.

Tua def has some fans who have followed him his whole career and started rooting for the Phins because of him. Then some dolphin fans have their wagon to him so tight they can’t admit that there are still questions about him.

I don’t wanna see another late season collapse that’s what I care about
That would be the worst for this to happen again after tua gets mega bucks

REPORT: After winning another Super Bowl, Mahomes working on contract with Kansas City to take less, create more cap space for Chiefs

Meanwhile in Mia: Tua likley getting new contract that will reset the market, after not winning anything, ever.
He's not going to take less money. Just like Brady all they're doing is taking less in the present and moving it to the future to the end of the contract for salary cap relief.

How bout I remind you he threw ZERO TDs against that 4-8 team in that game we all knew was a must win. Let’s not act like Tua balled out in that game or in any other game after that really
Right? talk about blinders lol Tua still had 2 drives at the end to get a first down and then just a FG and nada. But yeah blame the defense. If it wasn't for the defense and special teams Miami would not have had a 27-13 lead to begin with.

Right? talk about blinders lol Tua still had 2 drives at the end to get a first down and then just a FG and nada. But yeah blame the defense. If it wasn't for the defense and special teams Miami would not have had a 27-13 lead to begin with.
Everyone **** the bed in that game...and it cost us big time in the end.

That being said when you be playing prevent defense with zero pressure against an all pro like Mahomes ...oops I mean rookie named Levis and still gag it...that's on Fangio.

If he won 1 playoff game this year would that make you feel any different? This day was coming I just hope it wont be painful and that Grier can still surround him with talent. He certainly isnt Mahomes but you dont really need to be Mahomes to win it all.
Honestly it isn't all about the wins for me with Tua in December and January. Forget can you win the big games in December/January, how about showing up for such games first? If he balled out and Miami still lost those games by a FG or someone fumbling or a bad call I'd feel better about Tua. If Tua played his ass off VS KC in the playoffs and still lost I'm like ok Miami can do this just need more of this or that. But when you literally don't show up vs BUF in a game for the division and again in the playoffs it's a huge cause for concern that Miami can't be competitive with the elite with this guy. Say Miami beat KC with Tua having the same results I still would be concerned about his performance. He has got to prove he's at least up to the task in such games. I've only seen it once in Buffalo last year and that's it.

Honestly it isn't all about the wins for me with Tua in December and January. Forget can you win the big games in December/January, how about showing up for such games first? If he balled out and Miami still lost those games by a FG or someone fumbling or a bad call I'd feel better about Tua. If Tua played his ass off VS KC in the playoffs and still lost I'm like ok Miami can do this just need more of this or that. But when you literally don't show up vs BUF in a game for the division and again in the playoffs it's a huge cause for concern that Miami can't be competitive with the elite with this guy. Say Miami beat KC with Tua having the same results I still would be concerned about his performance. He has got to prove he's at least up to the task in such games. I've only seen it once in Buffalo last year and that's it.
2.5 seconds.

Everyone **** the bed in that game...and it cost us big time in the end.

That being said when you be playing prevent defense with zero pressure against an all pro like Mahomes ...oops I mean rookie named Levis and still gag it...that's on Fangio.
It was a weird game with all the injuries. Game wasn't totally on Tua. I need the defense to at least stop the 2pt conversion at the very least. But if Tua is the franchise guy we need 2-3 games a year where Tua takes over when nothing around him is going right and just say I'm getting this 1st down to end the game...He has to get Miami in FG range at the end.

Last edited:
It was a weird game with all the injuries. Game wasn't totally on Tua. I need to the defense to at least stop the 2pt conversion at the very least. But if Tua is the franchise guy we need 2-3 games a year where Tua takes over when nothing around him is going right and just say I'm getting this 1st down to end the game...He has to get Miami in FG range at the end.
He did it rather well against Dallas if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom