Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

Save the over analysis, we all know where Tua's talent stops and starts.

It's just a business decision by current management.

He's getting paid top 5.

Last year people were criticizing him for trying to do too much and getting injured. They were saying he just needed to learn to take the sack. Now this year, they want him to run around and extend plays.
Hey B, if Tua was the Alabama Tua who was not a running QB, but very escapable and good at buying time, again IF he was that guy, I would pay him the new high. As far as injuries, he has to be able to play his game, he never has been or will be a Dan M pocket passer, it just is not his game. In my "GAME" if you are afraid to lose $, you will never make money. If this team is so worried about Tua getting injured, they are tying him up with bubble wrap, and he will never reach his full potential. Also, I don't think Tua is restricting himself, I really believe it comes from the "Team", his attitude has always been, "whatever it takes". I wish they would just let him play his game, and let the Buffalo Chips fall where they may.

The Ever Hoping For The Best VIPER

I want to see "angry salty Tua" in every game next season. Even if he is on the bench because we are up by 21 with under 2 minutes. Tua needs to spend a week with Marino learning how to lead with passion/intensity.

I want to see "angry salty Tua" in every game next season. Even if he is on the bench because we are up by 21 with under 2 minutes. Tua needs to spend a week with Marino learning how to lead with passion/intensity.
Money no object tell Grier to ring me up for 4 intensive weeks of asshole training. That sounds strange but you get the idea. I hope @circumstances doesn't get any.

Money no object tell Grier to ring me up for 4 intensive weeks of asshole training. That sounds strange but you get the idea. I hope @circumstances doesn't get any.
Pops, you and Marino could work wonders with young Tua.
And happy Valentine’s Day to you, hot step mom and Finheaven Nation!
IMG_6684.png

Grier is always going to be a zone-blocking guy... all of the Shanahan guys are from this school.
I may be completely wrong here, but it seems to me that this zone-blocking can work for other teams, but it just doesn't work in Miami. Philbin started it, and even with three 1st round picks on the o-line they weren't very good. Sparano's o-lines were able to hold their own against the tough d-lines of the Jets and Bills, and Miami usually won those games. But, as soon as Philbin took over, Miami's o-lines were dominated by those d-lines, and Miami started losing a lot of those games. This suggests that the blocking schemes might have been part of the problem and not necessarily the players, although Philbin did prefer guys like Dallas Thomas and Jonathan Martin over Vernon Carey and Richie Incognito.

Tannehill, behind Philbin's o-line with several 1st round picks, was sacked more than any other QB during his first 4 years (although some sacks were his fault). Gase's o-line, also with some 1st round picks, struggled to convert 3rd or 4th and short on the ground, and they probably gave up more tackles for a loss than any other team. And now, Tua has to get rid of the ball within two seconds or he's in trouble, and the QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and short has disappeared.

This is why I hate even hearing the term zone-blocking. Sure, it worked out well for Mike Shanahan in Denver, and I guess Kyle Shanahan in SF is doing okay with it, but in Miami it has been a failure. IMO, zone-blocking could work, but first they should build an old-school tough o-line that can play smashmouth football, and then add in the occasional zone-blocking. It's a physical game, so build a physical line.

I may be completely wrong here, but it seems to me that this zone-blocking can work for other teams, but it just doesn't work in Miami. Philbin started it, and even with three 1st round picks on the o-line they weren't very good. Sparano's o-lines were able to hold their own against the tough d-lines of the Jets and Bills, and Miami usually won those games. But, as soon as Philbin took over, Miami's o-lines were dominated by those d-lines, and Miami started losing a lot of those games. This suggests that the blocking schemes might have been part of the problem and not necessarily the players, although Philbin did prefer guys like Dallas Thomas and Jonathan Martin over Vernon Carey and Richie Incognito.

Tannehill, behind Philbin's o-line with several 1st round picks, was sacked more than any other QB during his first 4 years (although some sacks were his fault). Gase's o-line, also with some 1st round picks, struggled to convert 3rd or 4th and short on the ground, and they probably gave up more tackles for a loss than any other team. And now, Tua has to get rid of the ball within two seconds or he's in trouble, and the QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and short has disappeared.

This is why I hate even hearing the term zone-blocking. Sure, it worked out well for Mike Shanahan in Denver, and I guess Kyle Shanahan in SF is doing okay with it, but in Miami it has been a failure. IMO, zone-blocking could work, but first they should build an old-school tough o-line that can play smashmouth football, and then add in the occasional zone-blocking. It's a physical game, so build a physical line.
It does work well in Frisco... and the Chiefs aren't exactly a power blocking team either. I'd argue that VERY few teams play 'smashmouth' any longer.

Tua will now set a new QB contract high, 56m or higher, so stop whining.

The Ever Prognosticating VIPER
That kind of money won't be there. He has improved but his team didn't improved so I won't break the bank for that.

Looking for a better deal is not the reasoning, though.

The reasoning is having another year to evaluate and potentially avoiding a long term mistake.

You knew this, though, but preferred to spin it a different way.

It would be foolish to let him play out the option if the conclusion to sign him long term has already been made
This team was built precisely for Tua's skillset, other teams may not want to build their team around him, No more than 43 million a year or let him walk and rebuild areas of this team that they need like the defense and a Big Ass running back(Derrick Henry).

I'd love to see Miami trade Tua and use the money that they would have spent on him to improve the o-line and fill other holes. You can win a Super Bowl without a Mahomes; you just need a great o-line, talented offensive weapons, good playcalling, and a tough defense. With that, even a game manager QB can win games. However, I can't see Grier being the one to build a good o-line or find Miami's TE Kelce or a modern-day Zach Thomas, and McDaniel is not a good playcaller.

Happy The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air GIF

Back
Top Bottom