Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

I like Tua; but I've asked this before: Who besides the Dolphins would be willing to pay Tua $50M+ per year to be their QB?

Are the Dolphins negotiating with themselves?

What could they get for Tua in a trade? Who would trade for Tua (Maybe Denver?) Who would be available in the draft?

I like Tua; but I've asked this before: Who besides the Dolphins would be willing to pay Tua $50M+ per year to be their QB?

What could they get for Tua in a trade? Who would trade for Tua (Maybe Denver?) Who would be available in the draft?
Tua's agent will be asking the going rate and will be using his stats, and that he stayed healthy this year to work the best deal for his client.

:ffic:

Write to the other teams and ask them.

This is a tough decision to be honest. He had concussion issues. He chokes in big games. but he really has much potential. That's the big question I ask myself. Did he reach his full potential. 56M is alot of dough if he has reached that potential. I wouldn't mind if the traded him and go get Penix in the draft. That kid has a amazing deep ball and his lefty throws look nice. Plus he be cheaper. That's a tough call.

This is a tough decision to be honest. He had concussion issues. He chokes in big games. but he really has much potential. That's the big question I ask myself. Did he reach his full potential. 56M is alot of dough if he has reached that potential. I wouldn't mind if the traded him and go get Penix in the draft. That kid has a amazing deep ball and his lefty throws look nice. Plus he be cheaper. That's a tough call.
Will Levis got a cannon for an arm. Why don't we just trade Tua for him? 🐬😂

This team was built precisely for Tua's skillset, other teams may not want to build their team around him, No more than 43 million a year or let him walk and rebuild areas of this team that they need like the defense and a Big Ass running back(Derrick Henry).

Yeah we did Tua such a favor building the team around Tua. Nothing like having a bottom 5 oline every single year the last 4 years. But hey he’s got weapons!! All he has to do is pick the ball snapped at his shins because we don’t have a real center snapping the ball, diagnose the defense and throw it all under 2.1 seconds. Loved when McDaniel realized it was getting a little too easy for Tua and he decided to keep getting plays in with 7 seconds on the play clock or when we’d run for 9 yards on 1st down and would run a pitch out on 2nd and 1 that’s lose 6 yards. Man talk about making it easy for your qb and building such a great team around Tua.

Tua is not going anywhere

Teams don't typically make a play for other teams QB's until they become available, so expecting to have offers is not realistic. I have no idea if there have been any or not, but even if so, we aren't going to know about it.

To answer your question, there are teams that need a QB that would have an interest in Tua if he were to hit the market. Tampa (likely losing Mayfield), Raiders, Denver, Minnesota, Seattle...etc. It is rare for this to happen, but Mayfield and Kirk Cousins are both good examples of when it does, how much in demand their services are. Washington never fully committed to Cousins, which has worked out great for Cousins who has made bank in Minnesota and it has not worked out so well for Washington who still can't find a QB. At what price would someone be interested? I think that depends on how ready they are to win. I think the Raiders or Broncos might be a top dollar team, Washington not so much.......

In the end I think it is clear the Fins believe in Tua and IMO they are going to lock him up for the foreseeable future.....

Tua deserves to get paid at a high level. However, we need to do that in a manner that allows the team to be able to make moves in FA and resign good players. Curious how this looks when it happens as obviously the team knows the same thing.

Yeah more than likely we are looking at a 2-3 year period. Anyone we sign will be cheap for the next 2-3 years essentially going all in for the final 2-3 years of tyreek and Ramseys contract. At that point it’ll be either time to blow it all up or continue depending on how well we draft however with no Ramsey, no tyreek, no armstead and a cap that’s increasing 20 million every year backloading current contracts shouldn’t be an issue. Need to hit on a few starters next few drafts though.

Build the oline from the inside out. Draft the rookie C Johnson if he's on the board. The rookie C has Hunt on his right and Jacko at RT. On the left side Armstead will hopefully at least, start the season. Pick up a FA LG who has a rep for nastiness and good health. Arms, FA, Johnson, Hunt, Jacko. That's a strong upgrade from what we had but we have to keep them healthy. I'd bring back Conner Williams if we could make a deal with him. There's your LG and we know he can slide to C if needed. The running game changed drastically when Conner Williams went out. Conner and Hunt should really be our Guards, both are great players. Keep them around. Resign Conner and build depth. Start the season with Eich on the bench.

the big issue here is that Tua is running a precision style, communication centric, hyper accurate scheme, so when something breaks down there isnt another pitch in his arsenal because hes not improvising at all on his own, and hes not using his legs to run, something has to change, either he starts to use the fullskillset, or the offense needs to be more like what brady ran.

This is that same conclusion that the talking heads were chattering about early in the season. They spoke volumes where Tua was for the most past a 1 read QB, and if the read was not open or someone broke down the play was dead.

Yet, so many here want to pay this guy 50M, it was bad enough we invested #5 pick, now some want to double down and hamstring this team for years with a contract that will change the expression from having albatross around your neck, to having a Tua around your neck.

And with it, the dolphins will be stuck with a QB that can’t win in big games for the next 5 years.

Repeating the same failed approach isn’t going to get different result.

How long has it been, 52 years?
This is going to end bad for the Dolphins, and McDaniel. But It will awesome for Tua and his family.

This is that same conclusion that the talking heads were chattering about early in the season. They spoke volumes where Tua was for the most past a 1 read QB, and if the read was not open or someone broke down the play was dead.

Yet, so many here want to pay this guy 50M, it was bad enough we invested #5 pick, now some want to double down and hamstring this team for years with a contract that will change the expression from having albatross around your neck, to having a Tua around your neck.
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

And yet, break down after breakdown from guys like Kurt Warner and Dan Orlovsky showing how Tua progresses through his reads quicker then many realize.

Hmmmmmm, who to believe or listen to?????

well the hope is he gets his **** together and does something about making individual plays when needed.

Back
Top Bottom