Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

Tua will now set a new QB contract high, 56m or higher, so stop whining.

The Ever Prognosticating VIPER
if chris grier and mcdaniel get high, you might be right. and i would not put it past them. this is not a commentary about what the dolphins should do, it is what they will do, which are two different issues. however long that big contract is will be how long the dolphins will be mediocre again. nothing is worse than being a .500 team

Or....since this is all based on opinion, what is best for the Dolphins is also personally best for Tua.

Doesn't that door swing both ways?
Not when you are talking specifically about $.

Better for Tua to get a 300m, fully guaranteed 4 year deal.

That is certainly not best for the Dolphins. I suppose it is possible that it could be, but the chances are very low.

Never quite understood the let him play out his option and prove he is worth it thinking.

Let's say we take that route and he balls out. Think he is gonna be cheaper a year from now having done that and other teams in the mix?

Then he walks to the highest bidder having balled out. Guess what...if he balled out we be sitting 20++ in the draft order or faced with trying to trade for an established QB of equal calibre (sounds easy enough).

Get him now while there are still a few questions in the air. He's young and will get better.
If he balls out, meaning more than just stats but proving he fixed his deficiencies and comes up clutch for us, then we challenged for the Super Bowl. Slap the franchise tag on him or the other tag that gets you first round picks (is it one or two? I can't remember). We can then have a year to work out a long term deal.

If he doesn't, then he's not the guy. Time to tear down and start over.

There is already a 20 page thread on this

And normally we would merge them but it's the off season so have at it

Not sure this is accurate or a good look.....
A good look ? To who?? My Dolphin fandom goes very deep and I was here before Tua and will
be here after
Are you saying Tua fans aren’t Dolphins fans?
There are clearly guys who are so pro Tua at this point that they don’t seem to care that he was completely terrible in many big situations. Rooting for him to be the highest paid QB in the league is totally crazy imho

A good look ? To who?? My Dolphin fandom goes very deep and I was here before Tua and will
be here after

There are clearly guys who are so pro Tua at this point that they don’t seem to care that he was completely terrible in many big situations. Rooting for him to be the highest paid QB in the league is totally crazy imho
Don't think many a routing for him to be the highest paid..just paid market rate and tied down for the next 4+ years.

I seem to recall guys around here who were so pro Watson they were prepared to do/pay anything to get him.

Don't think many a routing for him to be the highest paid..just paid market rate and tied down for the next 4+ years.

I seem to recall guys around here who were so pro Watson they were prepared to do/pay anything to get him.
Fair enough I never wanted to bring in Watson I actually want to just believe in Tua but at what cost!? Did we all watch the games?? Not just the stats. The games?? Tua was horrendous in every big moment we had.

Hopefully I’m wrong I’ll be here to eat crow if I am

Fair enough I never wanted to bring in Watson I actually want to just believe in Tua but at what cost!? Did we all watch the games?? Not just the stats. The games?? Tua was horrendous in every big moment we had.

Hopefully I’m wrong I’ll be here to eat crow if I am
Well I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

His oline was a bad as the Jets all year in terms of time to get the ball out.

If and it's a big if at this point, we get some sort of stability there and he stinks up the joint then yeah maybe it's time.

Wanna see what he, Reek and Co can do with 3 or heaven forbid 4 seconds to get the ball off.

And they were idiots too

I was never a huge Tua fan out of Bama but I must say the kid works to get better each year

Can't stay healthy . He did

Can't throw the long ball. Think he lead the league this season

Can't win the big games. That's a fair knock and something I think he'll figure out

How much is he worth ? The Fins will make an offer and I'm good with whatever they decide he's worth

Well I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

His oline was a bad as the Jets all year in terms of time to get the ball out.

If and it's a big if at this point, we get some sort of stability there and he stinks up the joint then yeah maybe it's time.

Wanna see what he, Reek and Co can do with 3 or heaven forbid 4 seconds to get the ball off.
Fair again. My thing is when he did have more time did he really do anything great with it?? The play breaking down is not his strong point. Quick timed throws is what he’s winning with. So yes agree the oline needs to improve but so does Tua when he does get opportunities. How bout becoming more mobile so you’re not a statue in the mud back there?? Idk to me these contract numbers sound crazy after what we saw

Back
Top Bottom