Tuesdays Camp report part 3, final chapter. Defense! Defense! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesdays Camp report part 3, final chapter. Defense! Defense!

overseas said:
Hey Oz,

thx for your reports.

how is ayanbandejo doing in the lb numbers game? he was our leading st-tackler last year and you didn´t mention him.

He was wearing a red jersey on Tuesday. He will be the odd man out if one of the newbies does well on ST's.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
if the pittsburgh game is like the JAX game I think Romero will be cut for shaw

That's a poossibility for sure, but remember that Romero can play anywhere on the line. It would have come into play in Bates system, and maybe in this one too.

Ozzy said:
That's a poossibility for sure, but remember that Romero can play anywhere on the line. It would have come into play in Bates system, and maybe in this one too.

That is true, however from what I have seen from this defense so far it looks like penatration is very important part of this defense. Or at least not getting pushed off the line of scrimmage. If Jax game was any indicator Shaw was much better at both of them. I thought Romero was number 93 because I was wondering through most of the time 97 was out there, "Who is this 97 guy, man does he suck." Turns out that was Romero. Of course it is just one meaningless preseason game. I just hope he was better than what he showed if he makes the team instead of Shaw

I hope Saban puts Chester on the PUP list, which will buy us some time. I went to camp and I thought Chester looked really out of shape. If he is on the PUP, that gives us 6 weeks (I believe) to look at the young guys like Shaw, Vickerson, Wright, Romero, etc and evaluate them a little more.

If Chester is ready to come back after the sit-out period, we will have a better idea who to cut. I like Shaw's chances of sticking myself. He's looked impressive throughout camp.

Back
Top Bottom