Ty Law Signs With Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law Signs With Jets

:quiet:
I didnt mean for a jets fan to see this but ok- I am sure you wont know it hurts you until the game is on the line and law is in the nickle and find your db is on an island.

and unfortunatly I think at that point it will be a little late to ask how it can hurt you.

So another words- good signing! great job, i cant wait until he takes the field
:woot:

We don't even know what role he will play, either he upgrades what we have or he's not playing. You think they are just throwing him out there for his name? You don't think they felt he upgraed the depth? Not every team is as great as the Miami Dolphins, some teams need more help.

We don't even know what role he will play, either he upgrades what we have or he's not playing. You think they are just throwing him out there for his name? You don't think they felt he upgraed the depth? Not every team is as great as the Miami Dolphins, some teams need more help.

I wont try to break it down again because i did it in another post i will just copy and paste what i said there

I explained this on an earlier thread but i will do it again. The problem with law is what you take as a positive. Law knows the game and he knows enough to get him INTO the game. It will not be until he is playing support, out of breath and five yards BEHIND where he is supposed to be (leaving your CB on an island) that you realize law was in fact not good for your team AND actually harmed your team.

What should worry you is that a Miami fan is extremley happy over this signing.

I also do not believe that the jets are in a position to win the division. They havent really proved any type of strength in the teams they have played- in fact the most telling is a game they didnt win but LOST Oakland. I can see why you would want to be optimistic but the tough part of your schedule is NOW and we will know if you are a pretender or a contender in two weeks.

Remember the only decent team you have beaten was Arizona. Yes you beat Miami (coming off their 1-15 season and was just starting to get their sea-legs)

Another telling sign will be when miami plays oakland this week. Maybe they match up well with the AFC east. If they beat us then you can breathe a sigh of relief. If not you better start worrying about Denver in 3 weeks.

At the beginning of the season I took Buffalo to win the division- thats not looking too good right now and as much as I LOVE Miami, we have a lot going against us right now. We cannot lose more than 2 games this year to get into the playoffs. That means we would have to sweep the bills, patriots and then beat the jets the last game of the season- that would also mean one of the other softer teams CANNOT upset us. That tells me the chances are slim THIS YEAR. THAT IS BEING REALISTIC. Especially the way thigpin has been playing with KC lately (that game scares me even though its WEEKS AWAY)

Being realistic puts a sup-par New England into the playoffs- although at this stage of the game I think the Jets and Miami is a better team- they just have a bit more experience coming through in pressure situations.

I also think the Jets are the dave wannstedt dolphins. They could have been a good team but they are starting to panic and make the wrong decisions. Favre was not a good decision, law is not a good decision and I was happy with both those calls. (another reason to doubt)

I do think you have a chance to make the playoffs IF you win 2 out of your next three games (a long shot at best) HOWEVER i would bet my house that once you were there your run would end with a patented late Favre interception.

If i were the owner of the jets I would start making changes to the team the second i lost 2 out of three games to the titans, pats or denver or I would start to believe Mangini was going to do to the jets what wannstedt did to the dolphins- which is destroy it from the ground up.

I'm sorry I didn't notice all the juggernauts NE, Miami and Buffalo has beaten. We played awful for 3 weeks including the loss to oakland but we did win 2 of those 3- alot like you guys squaking out a win against the awful Seahawks and losing the then winless Texans.

The Jets are playing excelelnt football beating Buf ON THE ROAD giving Buf their only home loss of the year. Sure we still have alot to rpove but all the teams in the division do and we humilated Arizona who humiliated Miami. You can use all the excuses you want for week 1 but the bottom line is we were in a tougher spot and we won the game. You guys were at home, you have Chad who was familiar w/ that offense while we got favre who was in his first new system in 15-16 years.

As of TODAY the Jets are playing the bst football in the East, that could change qucikly Thursday or we could cement that. I think we have the best team and we are getting better and I expect to win Thursday Night.

What this has to do w/ Ty Law signing w/ us I don't know. He gives us better depth, this team looks NOTHING like the Wannstedt dolphins, we actually have a D that makes big stops and an O that can score. The only thing that is the same now as it was in the Wanny era is that we are STILL dominating the dolphins and that won't change in Week 17(unless we have the div and bye wrapped up).

We'll learn alot about the Jets the next 2 weeks, 2-0 and we are on our way to big things, 1-1 and we have a chance, 0-2 and we might be frauds.

I'm sorry I didn't notice all the juggernauts NE, Miami and Buffalo has beaten. We played awful for 3 weeks including the loss to oakland but we did win 2 of those 3- alot like you guys squaking out a win against the awful Seahawks and losing the then winless Texans.

The Jets are playing excelelnt football beating Buf ON THE ROAD giving Buf their only home loss of the year. Sure we still have alot to rpove but all the teams in the division do and we humilated Arizona who humiliated Miami. You can use all the excuses you want for week 1 but the bottom line is we were in a tougher spot and we won the game. You guys were at home, you have Chad who was familiar w/ that offense while we got favre who was in his first new system in 15-16 years.

As of TODAY the Jets are playing the bst football in the East, that could change qucikly Thursday or we could cement that. I think we have the best team and we are getting better and I expect to win Thursday Night.

What this has to do w/ Ty Law signing w/ us I don't know. He gives us better depth, this team looks NOTHING like the Wannstedt dolphins, we actually have a D that makes big stops and an O that can score. The only thing that is the same now as it was in the Wanny era is that we are STILL dominating the dolphins and that won't change in Week 17(unless we have the div and bye wrapped up).

We'll learn alot about the Jets the next 2 weeks, 2-0 and we are on our way to big things, 1-1 and we have a chance, 0-2 and we might be frauds.

I am sorry i thought i made it clear i was doing a copy and paste from another post but i forgot you were a jets fan- i will do better next time.

1) the quality miami wins were SD, Patriots and Denver thats not elite but they are still better than anything the jets pulled off.

2) And the teams Miami has lost to were division leading Arizona, division leading Jets, the 6-3 ravens and a team miami has never beaten. How about you making a list like that- just for giggles.

I will go ahead and let you have the last word, i have a headache right now.

Maybe I will check back in 3 weeks when the jets record is 6-6

Nyjunc I said Law will probably suffice for this year, I thought it was a decent signing. I'm not so convinced about lowery, though he is just a rookie

I am sorry i thought i made it clear i was doing a copy and paste from another post but i forgot you were a jets fan- i will do better next time.

1) the quality miami wins were SD, Patriots and Denver thats not elite but they are still better than anything the jets pulled off.

2) And the teams Miami has lost to were division leading Arizona, division leading Jets, the 6-3 ravens and a team miami has never beaten. How about you making a list like that- just for giggles.

i wouldn't call SD or denver good teams right now that both looking at 8-8 at best

yes SD beat us and will see about denver in a couple weeks

i wouldn't call SD or denver good teams right now that both looking at 8-8 at best

yes SD beat us and will see about denver in a couple weeks

I didnt ask you for your opinion, i asked you to break it down simply like i did.

Miami beat
Denver- DIVISION LEADER
Patriots- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego-probably a 500 club
Buffalo- probably a 500 club
Seattle- probably a sub 500 club

Miami lost
Ravens- DIVISION LEADER
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Jets- DIVISION LEADER
Houston- Whom we have never beaten

Now your turn, that way we can get a glimpse of what the jets are really like.

Actually let me help you out with that

Jets wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Now let me help you out with the breakdown. One is pathetic and one is not- can you pick the pathetic one out?

I agree with Dreamwalker. The Jets have had flashes, but that doesn't make them a great team. A defense like Tennessee could easily shut you down and force like 5 Ints on you guys. KC should have won that game. Denver almost beat us and they appear to have gained their momentum back. Seattle almost beat us, but they came to play and it was a trap game. Houston is not a bad team and Baltimore is showing signs of a juggernaut team in the years to come, like Miami. Buffalo is going down hill so you beat them at the wrong time. We beat them when they were confident. You beat the 1-15 team, not the 5-4 team. It will be a much different game in week 17. NE should win the game on Thursday. Jets should be confident as they are tied for 1st, technically 2nd. If they lose the next 3 games, they won't win the division.

ginna much much much imroved from week one, + him and pennington are getting on the same page. I would never take anything away from revis i think he is a good corner, but ginn will have a much better game against the jests next time they play

I didnt ask you for your opinion, i asked you to break it down simply like i did.

Miami beat
Denver- DIVISION LEADER
Patriots- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego-probably a 500 club
Buffalo- probably a 500 club
Seattle- probably a sub 500 club

Miami lost
Ravens- DIVISION LEADER
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Jets- DIVISION LEADER
Houston- Whom we have never beaten

Now your turn, that way we can get a glimpse of what the jets are really like.

Actually let me help you out with that

Jets wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Now let me help you out with the breakdown. One is pathetic and one is not- can you pick the pathetic one out?

not saying that there schedule wasn't easy for the fiirst part . From here on out i think the jets have the hardest schedule in the afc east and the dolphins have the easiest by far Denver might be the division leader but they still aren't a good team

not saying that there schedule wasn't easy for the fiirst part . From here on out i think the jets have the hardest schedule in the afc east and the dolphins have the easiest by far Denver might be the division leader but they still aren't a good team

Remember what you said about denver and then return here and 3 weeks and then we will talk.

There will be nothing more funny than you telling the world Denvers not a good team after they beat you 34-10
:sidelol:

Now that you managed to clear denver off the list how about trashing the other teams we beat that you DID NOT.

I honestly do not blame you for being in NEVER NEVER land with your record but at least i am being honest about our chances and our team. You cant even be honest with yourself

Denver and SD are quality wins? You have 1 real quality win and that was over NE.

But according to you week 1 the team was last year's team sop you lost to the 4-12 jets not the 1st place Jets. You got smoked by Arizona, I don't buyt the "they always beat us" stuff about Houston b/c the Rams always beat us- how did that work out on Sunday? We had lost 7 straight to the Rams.

You make alot of nice excuses but the bottom line is we are better. You guys have done a great job winning 5 games(you should be thanking us b/c w/o the Favre move you wouldn't have Chad and would probably have about 2 wins) but let's not get carried away. Let's see how you handle some prosperity, you didn't do well w/ it vs. Houston, let's see how you fare these next few weeks when you are favored in all those games.

I agree with Dreamwalker. The Jets have had flashes, but that doesn't make them a great team. A defense like Tennessee could easily shut you down and force like 5 Ints on you guys. KC should have won that game. Denver almost beat us and they appear to have gained their momentum back. Seattle almost beat us, but they came to play and it was a trap game. Houston is not a bad team and Baltimore is showing signs of a juggernaut team in the years to come, like Miami. Buffalo is going down hill so you beat them at the wrong time. We beat them when they were confident. You beat the 1-15 team, not the 5-4 team. It will be a much different game in week 17. NE should win the game on Thursday. Jets should be confident as they are tied for 1st, technically 2nd. If they lose the next 3 games, they won't win the division.

Denver appears to have their momentum back b/c thye beat the awful Browns? They have lost 3 of 4 and 4 of 6.

Houston isn't bad when their best win is over Miamio but SL is horrible when they beat washington and Dallas?

baltimore is showing signs of a juggernaut? They have the same record as the jets, are the Jets showing these signs? Again, Baltimore's best win was Miami, they ahven't beaten any other decent teams. bal is 1-3 against teams w/ winning records and 5-0 against teams w/ losing records. You guys see how silly this all sounds making your sched out to be much better than it is? Dig deeper than just the records.

Just like you lost to Houston, got crushed by Arizona and oh yeah lost to the JETS! You guys can never enjoy any success, you just have to start trash talking. W/ each new year there's new hope and new trash talk- you never learn:shakeno:

Don't let a few spoiled eggs make you think we're all trash talking man

Denver and SD are quality wins? You have 1 real quality win and that was over NE.

But according to you week 1 the team was last year's team sop you lost to the 4-12 jets not the 1st place Jets. You got smoked by Arizona, I don't buyt the "they always beat us" stuff about Houston b/c the Rams always beat us- how did that work out on Sunday? We had lost 7 straight to the Rams.

You make alot of nice excuses but the bottom line is we are better. You guys have done a great job winning 5 games(you should be thanking us b/c w/o the Favre move you wouldn't have Chad and would probably have about 2 wins) but let's not get carried away. Let's see how you handle some prosperity, you didn't do well w/ it vs. Houston, let's see how you fare these next few weeks when you are favored in all those games.

Yeah and the Jets got spanked by San Diego and lost to Oakland.

**** happens man. Who cares who's better then who at Week 11. The Jets are in a better position then the Dolphins currently b/c they didn't have a moron head coach and an incompetent GM like the Dolphins did last year.

That being said, the Jets are just a game better and that one game was the head to head matchup that the Jets won by a whopping 6 points.

Also, you're saying the Dolphins success is purely b/c the Jets let Pennington go? So basically, the Jets are the reason why the Dolphins are decent again.

So basically, NY Jets = God?

;)

Just like you lost to Houston, got crushed by Arizona and oh yeah lost to the JETS! You guys can never enjoy any success, you just have to start trash talking. W/ each new year there's new hope and new trash talk- you never learn:shakeno:

"SCREW YOU GUYS I AM GOING HOME!":lol:

Back
Top Bottom