Ty Palko | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Palko

kastofsna120 said:
palko has a horrible frame and the worst mechanics i've ever seen in a QB. and wannstedt is making him worse. no thanks

Are you nuts? He's a classic drop back passer with excellent mechanics. Good footwork, nice over the top delivery, no hitches in his delivery... The only knock on him is his B arm.

Worst mechanics ever seen: Philip Rivers, Omar Jacobs, Alex Smith, Kellen Clemens, Sam Keller...

Alex13 said:
I think miami should go after Ty Palko of Pitt, in the 06 draft , in the NFL there has been alot of successful QB's from Pitt (Marino,Montana,Unitas and Tarkenton) there has only been one not so good QB to come from Pitt (kerry Collins) so Pitt Must have an amazing QB coach.:D

Are you referring to Pittsburgh, PA or Pitt (Univ of Pittsburgh) ?

SMadison29 said:
Are you nuts? He's a classic drop back passer with excellent mechanics. Good footwork, nice over the top delivery, no hitches in his delivery... The only knock on him is his B arm.

Worst mechanics ever seen: Philip Rivers, Omar Jacobs, Alex Smith, Kellen Clemens, Sam Keller...
hahahahahhahahahahahahaha oh man that's great :lol::lol::lol: you've NEVER seen palko play hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

kastofsna120 said:
hahahahahhahahahahahahaha oh man that's great :lol::lol::lol: you've NEVER seen palko play hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Yeah, the guy that has his last three games on dvd. Try again. You've NEVER seen him play with remarks like that on his mechanics.

I see this board being divided about 10 different ways come next years draft in regards to what QB we'll draft and when.

HysterikiLL said:
I see this board being divided about 10 different ways come next years draft in regards to what QB we'll draft and when.

I don't think so. Not unless 2 or 3 of the top junior QBs declare. Right now Leinart is alone.

SMadison29 said:
Yeah, the guy that has his last three games on dvd. Try again. You've NEVER seen him play with remarks like that on his mechanics.
okay, you've seen him play, but you know nothing of good mechanics. he has an UNBELIEVABLY bad throwing motion. he "lunges" the ball with his left hand while his right hand is in front of his body, he throws from the wrong foot, he holds the ball wrong, he makes too big of strides when falling back....shall i go on? these are HORRIBLE things, and he wears a stupid bandana thing. he does EVERYTHING wrong

Alex13 said:
I think miami should go after Ty Palko of Pitt, in the 06 draft , in the NFL there has been alot of successful QB's from Pitt (Marino,Montana,Unitas and Tarkenton) there has only been one not so good QB to come from Pitt (kerry Collins) so Pitt Must have an amazing QB coach.:D

This is the dumbest post ever!!

Alex13 said:

Tarkenton was born in VA. Went to college at Georgia.
Unitas grew up in Pittsburgh, but attended college at Louville
Montana went to college at Notre Dame
Collins went to Penn State.

he has an UNBELIEVABLY bad throwing motion.

He has a very sound fluid over the top throwing motion. He has a little wasted motion in his wind-up ala Elway but he doesn't have the quirky side arm fling like Rivers, Carr, Jacobs, Clemens, Vince Young, & many others.

he throws from the wrong foot

He throws the ball while stepping towards his receiver, correct mechanics. Whenever he throws off his back foot he's usually being pressured which is natural. And with Pitt's horrible oline this year he's done that a lot lately, especially in the ND game.

he "lunges" the ball with his left hand while his right hand is in front of his body he holds the ball wrong

How can you lunge the ball & throw off the back foot all the time? That's contradicting. His right hand his supposed to be in front of his body while throwing, all QBs opposite hands are, just like baseball pitchers, it's a follow through.

He holds the ball in the perfect position.
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper522/stills/wm7r8zg7.jpg

he makes too big of strides when falling back....shall i go on?

I don't know what you're looking at but 4.5 yards on a 3-step drop & 6 yards on a 5-step drop is fine. If anything I don't think he's taking large enough strides but as long as he's balanced going back.

The only thing I don't like about him is that his arm isn't as strong as rivals.com & others claimed it was coming out of H.S. It's still good enough but not great.
My conclusion is that you're just hating on the kid.

Alex13 said:

Hey man where did you get your info from? Your right Marino went to Pitt, but Montana went to Notre Dame, Unitas went to louisville, Tarkenton went to the University of Georgia and oh yeah Collins went to Penn State. At least you have the right state for Collins and i think Unitas grew up in pittsburgh but you can't say because someone grew up in pittsburgh that automatically means the whole city will be good. If thats the case every QB to ever come from NYC or Philly will be phenomanal. Get your facts straight before making bogus comments man.

Back
Top Bottom