Tyler Eifert will be the pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert will be the pick

Eifert will be a target of many teams on draft day. At the start everyone was predicting him as a low first rounder. I could see him going in the top ten real easy. I think we need to at least get ahead of the jets to get him. It would shock me to see the cards go after him if they don't go o-line.

IMO i say if we want Eifert we will have to try and get in a spot ahead of the jests because thats who they will prob go after in the first ,im not sure how many picks the jests have But hopefully not many so that they have to go another route instead of going after a TE in the first, imo Eifert is the only TE that i see thats worth a first rd in this draft , imho i was hopeing that Miami had Eifert on there Radar in the first rd.

I'd be happy with this pick. I think the Falcons are gonna go hard for him and they are probably figuring they need to jump us for him. Either way, either Eifert or Austin should be there for our pick.

we dont NEED AUSTIN we have Wallace and Hartline and both can run pretty fast and we already have our returner in thigpen ,we need help @ A POSS that after next year we are going to be needing a TE and a TE like Eifert only comes along once ever so often , why do you guys think that Atlanta wants him sooooooo bad ? they know he is a special player , and im wanting Eifert more and more everyday and if our FO has any skills at finding good players then Eifert will be the pick that we try and bring to Miami at all costs .

johnsons not getting past #7 and probably gone by pick #5 eifert probably will get to you cause the jets are very high on mingo at #9...unless something else falls in their lap

imho i say if Eifert dose fall into our laps @12 we better not even hesitate to hand Roger our card with his name on it.

I like him but I don't think we'll take him at 12. He's very good imo but I don't think he'll go that high. If we move down then we might take him then. I'm all for getting Tanny as many weapons as posible but in the end, is he a future superstar, or is he a solid TE? Will he really be fast enough to beat all those NFL Lb's down the seam? I also like Austin and at 12 I think I'd take him over a TE. I believe we can get a good TE in round two.

Ozzy rules!!

noway bro , why would we pass on Eifert for Austin when we done have quite a bit of money tied up in WRs ? as for miami right now Eifert would be more of a must than what Austin would be and with all the WRs we have right now it would be kinda foolish to pass on a highly poss of need that just a BPA , and keller will be a FA next year and will prob want more money , and if i was Ireland and Ross i would rather go out and grab a player of need that just pickin up a player that we dont really have any room for , do we need a sexy pick , or a pick of need and a very special player that only comes around once every 10-15 years , and like i said Atlanta knows that Eifert is a special player and is going to be a player like a Gonzo that Atlanta is going to lose next year to retirement and thats why there pushin VERY VERY HARD TO MOVE UP IN THE DRAFT TO GET .

i agree with the sentiments that if miami stays put and dee milliner somehow falls to pick #12 they would take him over rhodes...i think hayden could play into this also but ireland may be a little concerned about his football future and health...

if miami does go into the draft without making a trade for albert i believe that they will be monitoring the lane johnson situation and trying to see if he will get to pick #6 where they can probably trade up for him...it probably all relies around jax at #2...i they go ot miami barring getting in front of detroit will miss out on the top 3 tackles...

the one thing i will say on the milliner front though is i don't see a great off coverage player on tape here...and we seem to play a lot of it...but he's also a i hate to use the word but it is what it is a pretty safe pick...may not be special but should be a solid pro and not as much risk as a hayden for medical or a rhodes who's oversized and similar to sean smith who had to put a bad taste in the front offices mouth thus he was let go...

if he is the pick i will be ordering his jersey by friday :)

I probably should've put this in the daft forum but if it needs moved I apologize.

Here is why I believe we will select TE-Tyler Eifert. First I will look at players worth drafting at #12 and top players in general. I left out QB, RB, and LB. LB because we just spent big money on Wheeler and Ellerbe.

O-line: Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper.
WR: Corderrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Eifert
DB: Dee Milliner, Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant.
D-line: Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, Sharrif Floyd, Star Lotulelei, Barkevious Mingo, Bjoern Werner, Demontre Moore.

Next I will remove guys based on availability and scheme fit.

O-line: Jonathan Cooper.

WR: Corderrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
DB: Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant.
D-line: Star Lotulelei, Bjoern Werner, Demontre Moore.

I removed all 3 tackles, because they will be gone, trading up doesn't seem right(gut feeling) especially considering the depth. Warmack will be a good guard it’s just he didn’t really pull or anything we need guys to do. Ziggy and Jordan will go early and Mingo doesn’t fit. Jordan and Mingo are best suited for a 3-4 but Jordan has the frame to add weight for DE but I don’t think Mingo does. Milliner will be gone early too.

Now I will remove guys that we don’t need or aren’t really worth #12

WR: Tavon Austin
DB: Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes.
D-line: Bjoern Werner.

I removed Cooper because we really don’t need it. Lotulelei based on need and health. Moore, Trufant, Allen based on value. Patterson is not a need or worth the risk.

Now for those left. Vaccaro is a good S but with Jones and clemons it doesn’t make sense. Especially since the tape doesn’t say difference maker, solid, but we need a difference maker. Rhodes again solid but the tape isn’t difference maker material and there are questions about his zone defense. Werner I like but I believe in Vernon and there will be pass rushers available later. Werner is better than what we but not by much. However Ansah would be way better than what we have but gone early.

That leaves Austin and Eifert. Austin is fast, versatile, and a playmaker. However his size is a question mark and may be limited to the slot. You can say he can return punts and kicks but Thigpen returned both a punt and a kick to the house. He can run reverses and screens but so can Wallace. My point is we have guys that can do those extra tasks. Also considering we can get a guy like Swope or some other speedy guy for the slot in later rounds.

Eifert is big at 6-6 251 and that is an element we lack “Size”. He needs to work on blocking but he is still solid at it. Combine numbers aren’t everything but they match his tape. He was a top performer in all the measurables of the TE group. Eifert is a red zone and seem threat. Can go up and get the ball. I’m sold on Eifert.

4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the 40 at 4.68
Tied for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the bench press at 22
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the vertical at 35.5
Tied for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the broad jump at 119.0 – 9feet- 11 inches (I think)
1[SUP]st[/SUP] in the 3 cone drill at 6.92
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the 20 yard shuttle at 4.32
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the 60 yard shuttle at 11.52

Good watch http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000160830/2013-Draft-profile-Tight-End-Tyler-Eifert-Notre-Dame

No way I see Miami taking a TE at 12. If Miami wasn't targeting a DE at 12, they'd signed Freeney or Abraham by now. They signed Grimes showing they feel the draft is deep enough at CB to wait for 2nd day and beyond. They're trying to secure Albert showing they want to target what's at VALUE at 12. We've signed Keller. We've signed two more WRs in Wallace and Gibson. Look at the tea leaves, folks. We are targeting a pass rusher. Accept it.

We don't need a pass catching TE. Keller, Clay, and Egnew can do that. A "blocking" TE can be found in the late rounds if not among undrafted rooks. TE is the least of our needs.

No way I see Miami taking a TE at 12. If Miami wasn't targeting a DE at 12, they'd signed Freeney or Abraham by now. They signed Grimes showing they feel the draft is deep enough at CB to wait for 2nd day and beyond. They're trying to secure Albert showing they want to target what's at VALUE at 12. We've signed Keller. We've signed two more WRs in Wallace and Gibson. Look at the tea leaves, folks. We are targeting a pass rusher. Accept it.

We don't need a pass catching TE. Keller, Clay, and Egnew can do that. A "blocking" TE can be found in the late rounds if not among undrafted rooks. TE is the least of our needs.

i dont really see a De worth taking at #12. The value just isnt there.... there is much better "value" in the 2nd round

Drafting Carradine at 12 is 100x more of a reach than Eifert at 12.

Since Ireland drafts Horizontally its highly conceivable that Effert is the if he is still there because he fits the category of Elite and a need since Keller is injury prone and is just on a one year deal. Don't know what we have in Gnew just yet. And we need endzone threat like effeirt

if the fins choose Alberts, then IMO they will choose Margus Hunt to help out wake or to replace him in a couple of years.

If they stay at 12, I think most likely Xavier Rhodes...with an outside possibility recently raised by Mike Mayock that Dee Milliner is there and if that's the case it'll be him. If they don't stay put, I think it's a trade up to Cleveland for Lane Johnson.

I'm concerned with Rhodes fitting our scheme. Do you have concerns with him playing zone?

I agree with the Eifert as the #12 pick.... I've been looking at all prospects that all of the "experts" say we are picking and honestly, he's the only one I am comfortable with...

Back
Top Bottom