Tyreek Trade in Retrospect | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek Trade in Retrospect

This us one of those cases of being a fan of the player over team.

I love what Hill has done in Miami. Helped Tua progress.

But as much as I love seeing 60+ yard bombs and the peace sign....

I enjoyed the offensive performance against the Jets more. The game without Hill.

I am not active pushing for a Hill trade.

However, if some crazy offer came our way this draft ( top 10 pick). I am probably taking it. I understand rookies are not a sure thing. But the idea of getting a Bowers or an Alt makes the idea of losing Hill acceptable.

Hill is a huge reason this offense was so great. But I honestly believe Miamis offense will be fine, Mayne more efficient without Hill.

By far the best player on the team. Not his fault that Tua played like garbage when we needed him most, again.
Are you a jets fan or someting ? I swear there is an aura around your post that stink like ganggreene

The trade worked for both sides. Obviously KC leveraged it into another Super Bowl win but he single handedly added a swagger and notoriety to our team which was missing for many years, perhaps a decade. This is hard for a perennially losing team to build and hopefully its effects will last far longer than his contract.

I think he does have a short shelf life though. He probably only has 1 or 2 more elite years before age and injuries reduce his elite physical abilities to just being another fast guy.

Let’s not overlook the obvious. The trade worked out well for KC for one reason - they have Patrick Mahomes. None of the players drafted by KC were going to lead KC to back-to-back titles. If the Chiefs were quarterbacked by Mac Jones or Derek Carr or twenty other QBs, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Are you a jets fan or someting ? I swear there is an aura around your post that stink like ganggreene
Naw, I'm just bitter as s*** that we folded like some f****** b****** yet again. I take the s*** too seriously and I know it. Sports are my life and the lolphins make me cry, the team needs to get a lot physically and mentally tougher (practicing TD celebrations is a joke) and that starts with Tua and McDoofus. Hard knocks was so damn cringeworthy and exposed how weak we are mentally, couldn't even finish it and I love my lolphins.

This is why I have other posters mad at me, but I think we need to tear down now. I don't think this roster, with so many free agents, so few picks and so little cap space can win it all. Get value for our players while they have them and rebuild bigger, faster and better. It's a painful process, but I think next offseason we are going to be sitting right where we are, maybe a playoff appearance, second place in the division, maybe we win a playoff game, but no more.
I think the term tear down is what arms people myself included. I do believe we are in win now mode so a tear down just won’t be feasible, but may be something like a transitional period after this year where we don’t do a complete breakdown more of a regroup.

We can replace Wilkins with a guy with similar production for quite a bit less, and if McDaniel gets his head out of his ass and into the books, I think we can do more for the future if we traded and gain assets for a guy like Tyreek. he is our best player. No question, but with a couple more receivers and a slightly different offense, not catered to Tyreek, I think we can come up with similar production. My focus is on the offensive line.

Question: Would you rather have Hill AND his salary or the players picked by KC and the cap availability they had?

Tua made him drop them possible TD’s? Sounds like garbage to me.
He can drop a few TD's, he's going to the HoF unlike the rest of the bums on our team barring a miracle. I guess Ramsey has a chance, not real likely though.

Without Hill we don't make the playoffs these last 2 seasons.
There's no way you know that to be true ... draft pick(s) and $$$ ... could change many things.

I wouldn't do the trade simply because this is a team sport and overloading your cap and giving away future picks (which obviously would be cheaper and add depth) on a WR isn't the way I would go ... the caveat, for me, is if the Qb and receiver were in lock-step (Mahomes/Kelce Montana/Rice). That said it still straps your cap and makes it harder to build a team ... and doesn't help you have any real depth on your roster.

The Dolphins have become a one-dimensional offense because of Hill. Is it the team or the scheme? :shrug: :cheers:

Question: Would you rather have Hill AND his salary or the players picked by KC and the cap availability they had?
Probably the players because they found a gem CB in round 2. You can't really look at it that way though, it was a very fair trade for a HoF level player, you can't wait until the picks are made and then look back at "what ifs" as a GM. At the time of the trade it was a great decision and Hill is the man, no regrets on this one.

He can drop a few TD's, he's going to the HoF unlike the rest of the bums on our team barring a miracle. I guess Ramsey has a chance, not real likely though.
Imagine quantifying a team by the amount of players you suppose will be going to the Hall of Fame. What a way to judge a team. Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom