Tyreek Trade in Retrospect | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek Trade in Retrospect

If by played like garbage, you mean threw a deep pass to Tyreek only for him to drop it, then sure. Tua is playing like garbage all the time.
We all know how he played since the Tenn game. Yes Tyreek dropped too many, but Tua did not play well.

Probably the players because they found a gem CB in round 2. You can't really look at it that way though, it was a very fair trade for a HoF level player, you can't wait until the picks are made and then look back at "what ifs" as a GM. At the time of the trade it was a great decision and Hill is the man, no regrets on this one.
Okay, would you rather the picks and cap relief or Hill now?

Imagine quantifying a team by the amount of players you suppose will be going to the Hall of Fame. What a way to judge a team. Bravo.
Imagine complaining about trading a first round pick for the best WR in football in his prime, when your teams QB gets nationally embarrassed in every big game of his 4 year NFL career.

The Hill trade was a great one, just like the Ramsey trade. No regrets on either trade. The problem with this team is coaching and QB play, I sincerely hope they both improve dramatically because that's what's holding this team back imo. The good news is they're both still young and have shown signs of potential...just signs.

I'd be curious what type of picks trading Reek now would garnish. If it were a bag I would move on. This has nothing to do with Reek as a player here, he is our best player and will be somebody's best player if he moved it's just that we need to much and maybe the focus on others will help the O a bit. In the SB both Qbs hit the non stars a lot. Hell. HOFer Kelce barely touched the ball until the 2nd

I think it's time to trade Tyreek now before he hits the wall and declines overnight, because that's how it happens. One or two injuries and Father Time comes, and one week he's Cheetah, and the next he's not anymore.

Tua got his confidence and saw what was possible. Get some assets for Tyreek now.

The Chiefs don't have a receiver on their roster who is better than Hill but they still managed to win the Super Bowl twice. If Miami can move Hill they should, I believe Tua is way too dependent on him, and even though the tandem is exciting to watch by racking up yards and touchdowns Tua isn't utilizing enough of his personnel on the team and it will continue to hurt us in the long run.

I think it's time to trade Tyreek now before he hits the wall and declines overnight, because that's how it happens. One or two injuries and Father Time comes, and one week he's Cheetah, and the next he's not anymore.

Tua got his confidence and saw what was possible. Get some assets for Tyreek now.
I kinda agree as long as we get something nice. We dodged a bunch of off the field issues and I am waiting for something to pop up. He has been the epitome of a team player and work horse though, never any issues there.

It takes 2 to tango. Teams find out we're looking to trade Tyreek they will lowball us, won't get the same compensation KC got 2 years ago. If someone is desperate you entertain the offer, not likely though. This team doens't have a lot of flexibility when it comes to team building, our bed has been made and we just gotta hope Tua and McD improve because that's how you win championships. Or find a new HC/QB.

Both Tyreek and Waddle were worth the price it cost to get them.

The problem is that both players weren’t worth getting for what it cost to get BOTH of them combined.

It should’ve been one or the other and assets deployed to fortify the rest of the team.

Couple that pairing with a mediocre OL, Braxton Berrios in the slot and no threat of a TE and you can see why we struggled when we needed to make things happen. All we really did is find an entertaining way of destroying really bad teams who couldn’t keep up.

It was never a recipe for a title run.

Without Hill we don't make the playoffs these last 2 seasons.

Maybe…maybe not!

I’m not so sure that’s written in stone.

Hell I think without Hill the teams more dangerous. Mainly because McD is actually challenged to use all of his pieces.

This is why I have other posters mad at me, but I think we need to tear down now. I don't think this roster, with so many free agents, so few picks and so little cap space can win it all. Get value for our players while they have them and rebuild bigger, faster and better. It's a painful process, but I think next offseason we are going to be sitting right where we are, maybe a playoff appearance, second place in the division, maybe we win a playoff game, but no more.
If that. I don't even expect that

I think that the Tyreek trade was a win:win. Miami got the top WR in the league and Mike McDaniel helped to develop Tua with a legit star. KC knew that they didn't have the cap space to afford both Mahomes and Tyreek on mega contracts and they got the cap relief plus some great draft picks to augment the team. Full marks to the KC GM for hitting on the picks and progressively improving the Defense. While everyone talks about Mahomes, the key to KC's winning lots of games through the season was actually their Defense.

It takes 2 to tango. Teams find out we're looking to trade Tyreek they will lowball us, won't get the same compensation KC got 2 years ago. If someone is desperate you entertain the offer, not likely though. This team doens't have a lot of flexibility when it comes to team building, our bed has been made and we just gotta hope Tua and McD improve because that's how you win championships. Or find a new HC/QB.
He is worth less than two years ago. He's older and more expensive. Here are some ideas:
Ravens-7 draft picks, but only about 7 mil in cap space. Could really put their offense over the top
Bears-6 draft picks, but two firsts and a ton of space
Houston-6 draft picks, cap space and could be a real weapon with their young offense
Commanders-9 draft picks including 2-2's and 2-3's, they have cap space and the new ownership could make a splash
Titans-7 picks and cap space. Probably not unless they want to really help a new coach and young QB
Colts-7 picks and space. He coudl really put them in contention for the playoffs, especially if Richardson comes back strong

Back
Top Bottom