UNC, Butch reportedly reach agreement.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC, Butch reportedly reach agreement..

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=603369

CarolinaBlue.com has been told by sources that the two-week search to replace John Bunting has apparently come to a close with the Tar Heels landing one of the most-sought after coaches in the college football circles.

Okay, so being ****ing Rivals, I can only read the teaser paragraph of the article, but it seems like UNC may have just landed a great catch. IMO, this football team is going to become something very big in the near future.

305TillIDie said:
awww man

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

i hope miami gets a good coach in here and not some average dude

It's weird. The same people who reported this were reporting Butch was holding out to see if UM were interested in bringing him back. This tells me UM really didn't put the feelers out for Butch.

That means two things - either they aren't interested in Butch, or..wait for it..

Coker could be coming back.

:sidelol:

HysterikiLL said:
It's weird. The same people who reported this were reporting Butch was holding out to see if UM were interested in bringing him back. This tells me UM really didn't put the feelers out for Butch.

That means two things - either they aren't interested in Butch, or..wait for it..

Coker could be coming back.

:sidelol:
omg...noooo :lol:

so much for my MSU scoop. :cry:

great hire by UNC...miami needs to go full-blast after schiano now.

UF Fin Kat said:
so much for my MSU scoop. :cry:

great hire by UNC...miami needs to go full-blast after schiano now.

I don't want to toot my horn or anything....well, okay actually I do, so BEEP, BEEP!!

I called this hiring all along, and given the fact I'm normally wrong at this intuition business, I might do it again. BEEP BEEP.

:D

Wow, my head is getting big.

Anyway, I really see this UNC program getting turned around. We all know Butch is a great recruiter, but on top of that, UNC currently have the 16th ranked recruiting class per rivals.com including a 5 star stud receiver, as well as a 4 star RB, QB and OT.

CarolinaBlue.com has been told by sources that we trust that North Carolina and Butch Davis have agreed to terms to make Davis the next coach at North Carolina.

According to sources, Davis will likely be the next coach at North Carolina.

At this point we are cautious to describe this as a complete "done deal" as several things may still be in play over the weekend before this becomes finalized. Still, we believe an official announcement could come as early as next week.

We are being cautious because we respect you, our readers, and respect the school.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed but CarolinaBlue.com sources earlier in the week said that North Carolina was prepared to offer nearly $2 million annually for Davis, who will widely be viewed as the best potential coach currently available to the college ranks.

Some info from the article

Nappy Roots said:
why the hell would he go there?

There are a lot of good football players down in the Carolinas. UNC's coach just wasn't a good recruiter, nor was he a good coach.

Recruiting ability is the biggest key to being successful in college.

Ron Turner was a great coach, people forget that he and Kurt Kitner lead Illinois to the Rose Bowl a couple years ago, he just couldn't recruit. Ron Zook is on the verge of getting the Illini 3 5 star recruits.

Butch will definatly make UNC an ACC contender

Don't get too carried away....its not a done deal yet. And its not "sources"....there is only one source, although a very reliable one, who is reporting this. UNC does make sense for Davis though. The expectations are low after the Bunting debacle, the exposure is high in the ACC, the recruiting grounds are fertile as Brown proved, and the formerly undisputed powers of the ACC are falling.

I always liked Bunting as a coach but for whatever reason his recruiting was just abysmal. Somehow he got a great class this year, so at least he set the foundation for the next coach. UNC should dominate the region recruiting wise....there just aren't any other big time schools here.

Back
Top Bottom